Page 85 of 233 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From the trailer, it looks like in the next episode Kate goes back to the original costume with the high collar that protects the neck. If so, they literally modified her suit just so she could be bit by a vampire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That's the weird thing: she got bit on the mouth, not the neck.
    So she got bit by a vampire on the mouth, thinks oh no my neck is uncovered I could have been bit there - goes back to covering her neck?

The Sophie Kate situation is rather reminiscent of the Iris Barry situation in Flash S1, I think. Sophie going to be angry when she finds-out.

Another little behind the scenes snippet:

How many people does she get to kill before you stop her, Kate?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm a few eps behind so not going to watch that promo, but I think it goes back to the "don't call her a hero yet" deal, and the first season being about her figuring things out:

*Puts on the batsuit - to save her ex. At no point that I recall does the character mention anything about wanting to protect Gotham, at this stage.
    *Puts it on in subsequent episodes - over guilt because the city thinks Batman is back. In the narration the character mentions fear of disappointing Bruce - again, this isn't about saving the city.
    *Puts on the batsuit as a way to 'deal' with her sister, then when GCPD starts using the bat-signal, IMHO it's likely still a sense of guilt because the expectation is there now that she will help.
    *IMO it's not until around ep 10 where the sense of duty not just guilt or fear of disappointing others is starting to really kick in, and she is realising that her alter ego has important meaning to others.

That's my take on things anyway, so not locking-up her sister is because Kate is still largely focused on what she wants over what benefits the community. Kate is still more self-focused, and in large part of lot of this situation with her sister is about letting go, and not always putting herself and her own wants first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'm a few eps behind so not going to watch that promo, but I think it goes back to the "don't call her a hero yet" deal, and the first season being about her figuring things out:

*Puts on the batsuit - to save her ex. At no point that I recall does the character mention anything about wanting to protect Gotham, at this stage.
    *Puts it on in subsequent episodes - over guilt because the city thinks Batman is back. In the narration the character mentions fear of disappointing Bruce - again, this isn't about saving the city.
    *Puts on the batsuit as a way to 'deal' with her sister, then when GCPD starts using the bat-signal, IMHO it's likely still a sense of guilt because the expectation is there now that she will help.
    *IMO it's not until around ep 10 where the sense of duty not just guilt or fear of disappointing others is starting to really kick in, and she is realising that her alter ego has important meaning to others.

That's my take on things anyway, so not locking-up her sister is because Kate is still largely focused on what she wants over what benefits the community. Kate is still more self-focused, and in large part of lot of this situation with her sister is about letting go, and not always putting herself and her own wants first.
    I'm pretty sure 'Punch The Bad Guys' should come with putting on the suit though.

She already arrested her once in episode 10, so there's no reason not to do it again.

Or if they don't want her to do that, then maybe not have Alice rack up a bodycount every episode.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

She already arrested her once in episode 10, so there's no reason not to do it again.
    No she didn't, the kid alerted everyone to Alice's whereabouts, at first unbeknown to both Kate and Alice.

Sophie arrested Alice. Kate just didn't stop her.

No she didn't, the kid alerted everyone to Alice's whereabouts, at first unbeknown to both Kate and Alice.

Kate did cuff her though. Could always try that again.

Or just punch her out and drop her off at the GCPD.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I had thought that the whole, "Kate choosing Beth over Alice" thing would have stepped up the hate and resentment on Alice's part, taking things to a new level of destruction, but then to see them just "team up" right after kinda undermines how powerful that was. Alice mentions it, but their dynamic isn't really any different if they can just waltz up to each other and have conversations as though they're "frenemies." I would have thought Kate's immunity from Alice's wrath would have been revoked, but oh, well...

Kate did cuff her though. Could always try that again.

Yeah, I assumed Kate cuffing Alice was with the expectation she'd be arrested.

Kate did cuff her though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I assumed Kate cuffing Alice was with the expectation she'd be arrested.
    I get what you're both saying, but IMO she basically went along with what someone else had already started by that point.

And the media were watching her a lot at this point so she had her superhero reputation to worry about as well. The kids had already posted pics and comments about Batwoman being there, so it's not like she could sneak out and pretend she didn't know Alice was there as well.

We haven't seen her take the initiative and just up and toss Alice to the authorities yet. Where possible she takes the opportunity to let Alice walk because she still seems unable to accept how much harm Alice is causing. I'd guess it's also a guilt thing about abandoning her again or such. That and she doesn't want to be the one responsible for sister's incarceration, not truly responsible.

On that note, given the situation with the gun and that Alice's Wonderland Gang seem to be fairly high on the pecking order - when Alice is eventually locked away, I wonder how much more dangerous things might get for Batwoman without Alice protecting her. When the Wonderland Gang are no longer in charge.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-25-2020 at 08:55 PM.

And have her get killed in custody? Which is a thing that already almost happened?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

And have her get killed in custody? Which is a thing that already almost happened?
    Which Kate honestly seems to regret preventing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which Kate honestly seems to regret preventing from happening.
    Regardless, that would make Alice a martyr to her gang, and they're already a handful for the city.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Regardless, that would make Alice a martyr to her gang, and they're already a handful for the city.
    Would it make her a martyr though? Possibly, but I feel like it would make room for the other gangs to try to take over as the new top-dogs.

Alice tried to blow up a gym full of innocent teenagers among her many, many other crimes.
    She deserves it at this point.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator