Page 86 of 233 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Would it make her a martyr though? Possibly, but I feel like it would make room for the other gangs to try to take over as the new top-dogs.
    Well, then you have gang warfare. Not exactly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Alice tried to blow up a gym full of innocent teenagers among her many, many other crimes.
    She deserves it at this point.
    ...you're okay with the police killing people in custody?
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well, then you have gang warfare. Not exactly better.

...you're okay with the police killing people in custody?
    Imo, the series could use more action.

I mean, she's basically a terrorist at this point, tried to blow up a park full of innocent people in the first episode, tried to blow up a gym full of innocent people, poisons people, gleefully murders people every episode, including numerous police officers and has even killed officers who were going to take her to Arkham soooo in this case? Screw Alice. If she does die, she brought it on herself.

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if Kate had a plan or was doing something about her, but Alice is just allowed to roam around freely.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Basically,

Kate hands Alice over to the GCPD/Crows = Alice is either dead or thrown in Arkham. Either way, she's off the streets and no longer a problem.

Kate lets Alice roam free = Alice continues running around the city killing people.

It's not complicated.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member

Basically,

Kate hands Alice over to the GCPD/Crows = Alice is either dead or thrown in Arkham. Either way, she's off the streets and no longer a problem.

Kate lets Alice roam free = Alice continues running around the city killing people.

It's not complicated.
    What I don't like about so much Alice focus is they make her way too inconsistent in characterization. I will never understand her fight scenes. Sometimes shes blow for blow with Kate or random "trained" Crow.

And other times she's struggling and seems equal battling it out with randos like Mary. And her intelligence and villainous plots are wildly inconsistent too. They shouldn't have used her so much and went with a less is more and establish other villains. Like she can walk right into Crow headquarters and their interrogation rooms in and out so easily. She doesn't have powers or high tech gadgets. I mean the writing is just inconsistent
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-26-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    And other times she's struggling and seems equal battling it out with randos like Mary.
    Alice was literally dying when that happened. Of course she was struggling.

Like she can walk right into Crow headquarters and their interrogation rooms in and out so easily. She doesn't have powers or high tech gadgets. I mean the writing is just inconsistent
    That's not inconsistency. The Crows being in over their heads has been a thing since the pilot.

And if Alice dies that way, Kate's then partially responsible for an extrajudicial killing. No thanks. And we now know Alice is very good at escaping, so there's that, too.

This is not the kind of easy problem you're making it out to be.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-26-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Astonishing Member

Alice was literally dying when that happened. Of course she was struggling.

That's not inconsistency. The Crows being in over their heads has been a thing since the pilot.
    Where does it come from they have training and she was literally held prisoner in a basement by crazy people. She has no metahuman powers, how can she fight trained combat "professionals"? I mean show me when she escaped she went to train with the league of assassins or something. Or that is writing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Where does it come from they have training and she was literally held prisoner in a basement by crazy people. She has no metahuman powers, how can she fight trained combat "professionals"? I mean show me when she escaped she went to train with the league of assassins or something. Or that is writing issues.
    It's not a writing issue. There's over a decade about her past we don't know about. Lots of stuff could happen in that time.

Even if she would be indirectly responsible for an extrajudical killing, is that worse than keep letting Alice run amok?

I mean, genuine question here, what IS the way to deal with Alice in your mind? Redemption is out of the window now.

Ultimate Member

Basically,

It's not complicated.
    And it's easy enough from a writing standpoint to have her out again, as needed.

"I had a dude inside Arkham, waiting for me to arrive. He's been there for months, washing the floors. He sprung me the same night. The lady in my cell, muttering to herself and crying all the time? Garden-variety nutjob, with one of my ridiculous face-swap prosthetics."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean, genuine question here, what IS the way to deal with Alice in your mind? Redemption is out of the window now.
    I don't know that there's a good solution that Kate can do. Alice can't be kept in the batcave anymore now either, because the Wonderland Gang has known about that for a while.

I don't know that there's a good solution that Kate can do. Alice can't be kept in the batcave anymore now either, because the Wonderland Gang has known about that for a while.
    Beat her down and turn her over.
    Let Alice face the consequences.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Beat her down and turn her over.
    Let Alice face the consequences.
    That just, again, raises the issue of Alice being killed in custody. Or of her escaping again.

That just, again, raises the issue of Alice being killed in custody.
    And again, she brought it on herself.

Or of her escaping again.
    Break her legs.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I mean hey, Magpie could potentially escape, but Kate was fine with stopping her.

But I guess that's because they weren't related.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And it's easy enough from a writing standpoint to have her out again, as needed.

"I had a dude inside Arkham, waiting for me to arrive. He's been there for months, washing the floors. He sprung me the same night. The lady in my cell, muttering to herself and crying all the time? Garden-variety nutjob, with one of my ridiculous face-swap prosthetics."
    Yeah, I think this would be fine. Give Alice a vacation for awhile so Kate can fight some other villains and bring her back later.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator