Page 89 of 233 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

If really wonder if the showrunners have some kind of facial horror fetish.

Good episode, even though a little cliche. I really hope Cartwright suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If really wonder if the showrunners have some kind of facial horror fetish.

Good episode, even though a little cliche. I really hope Cartwright suffers.
    Maybe they read a lot of New 52 comics...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Kate and Sophie were so happy. It's a good look for them .

I'm kind of surprised they haven't put echolocation in the cowl at this point when it seems like such an obvious feature. Which makes me wonder, who is the best costume whiz of the Arrowverse? Cisco? Luke? Ray? Winn? Brainy? Or the OG, Lucius Fox?

How many dead girlfriends did Bruce have to rack up in this universe before he stopped dating? Then again, Ollie had 2-3 random girlfriends other then Felicity, so I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce had a Julie Madison, Silver St. Cloud, or even a Vicki Vale to give Bruce some CW relationship drama while they drag out his relationship with Catwoman across several seasons.

I never expected to see Kate fiddling with her mask/wig like a girl on her first date. I guess being in love will do that for you.

They mention Harvey Dent, but not him being Two-Face? Did they think it would make Duela's turn to the psychotic and obsession with her face too obvious? I mean, c'mon, Two-Face had to be the Big Bad of the second season of this Batman's show.

The way Duela was scarring people's faces made it look like she was giving them a grin like Heath Ledger's Joker. Granted, she did pretend to to be The Joker's Daughter in the comics, and her face getting completely ripped off was something Joker's Daughter got hit with in the New 52.

I'm not sure I like someone using Batman to prop up conservative values.

Y'know, if Kate were a popular socialite like in the comics, she would probably know all these things Mary is talking about. She also probably wouldn't need to have to investigate stuff as a real estate agent.

That poor therapist. I think he would've been a nice addition to the Wonderland Gang.

Mary really wants in on Team Batwoman, except she wants Kate to just tell her instead of just revealing that she knows. Although Kate forgot to use her voice modulator when they talked in the clinic, so...

Sophie realized she left her car there and the Crows can run her plates and realize that was her running from a crime scene with Batwoman right? Although I guess Jacob would shrug it off because he already knows Sophie is working with Batwoman.

I know Superheroes leave crooks for the police all the time, but in hindsight it probably would have been smart to leave someone behind to make sure Duela didn't escape. Which, granted, she didn't, but still.

I dunno, that scene with Batwoman and Sophie at the end seemed more like a "maybe," but both of them seemed to treat it like a breakup. I guess neither would really be satisfied with just a costume booty call.

Sounds like the Crows are going to turn out to be as corrupt as the GCPD. Might be good for Jacob to be able to come off his high horse a little.

I see Sophie's mom went to the same school of bigotry as Maggie Sawyer's dad, where they're disappointed in their child's sexuality because it makes life even "harder" for them. Oh come off it .

I love how Fear Toxin has a Scarecrow logo on it. Because Crane is all about that branding .

Looks like we have the Kane's finding out Alice is alive finally dealing with Cartwright, while Alice goes through another psychotic break courtesy of Fear Toxin.
    In response to the two lines I bolded, well, I didn't like it, either, but given the climate in our contemporary society and how some corners of fandom have unfortunately responded to growing representation of women, minorities, and particularly in this case LGBT+ people, it does make a morbid degree of sense that some would attempt to coopt more "traditional" heroes like Batman to support an allegedly "traditionalist" worldview that really just obfuscates bigotry toward those that don't fit in with that kind of perspective. As for the Crows, they're technically a private military/security firm and those almost always turn out shady, if not flat-out corrupt in fiction, to say nothing of all the controversies involved with them in real life.

Also, I like the fanart that Guy1 shared. Cool suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Tell Mary already! Come on, Kate!

Yeah, Sophie's mom sucks, but at least I feel more for Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't put echolocation in the cowl at this point when it seems like such an obvious feature. Which makes me wonder, who is the best costume whiz of the Arrowverse? Cisco? Luke? Ray? Winn? Brainy? Or the OG, Lucius Fox?
    Echolocation was probably a tool Batman used from his belt or something. I think Brainy probably holds back because he doesn't want to invent tech that isn't supposed to be invented for hundreds of years and Lucius Fox we don't know much about, but I'd say Cisco > Luke > Ray > Winn. As smart as Ray is, his costume has been a "work in progress" for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In response to the two lines I bolded, well, I didn't like it, either, but given the climate in our contemporary society and how some corners of fandom have unfortunately responded to growing representation of women, minorities, and particularly in this case LGBT+ people, it does make a morbid degree of sense that some would attempt to coopt more "traditional" heroes like Batman to support an allegedly "traditionalist" worldview that really just obfuscates bigotry toward those that don't fit in with that kind of perspective.
    It wasn't so much that Batman stands for traditional heterosexual pairings as it is he doesn't stand for LGBT rights like Batwoman does. I guess being a vigilante who operates from the shadows and doesn't do interviews means anyone can just project what they want on him. I like that Kate is coming at this hero thing from another angle.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Tell Mary already! Come on, Kate!

Yeah, Sophie's mom sucks, but at least I feel more for Sophie.

Echolocation was probably a tool Batman used from his belt or something. I think Brainy probably holds back because he doesn't want to invent tech that isn't supposed to be invented for hundreds of years and Lucius Fox we don't know much about, but I'd say Cisco > Luke > Ray > Winn. As smart as Ray is, his costume has been a "work in progress" for years.

It wasn't so much that Batman stands for traditional heterosexual pairings as it is he doesn't stand for LGBT rights like Batwoman does. I guess being a vigilante who operates from the shadows and doesn't do interviews means anyone can just project what they want on him. I like that Kate is coming at this hero thing from another angle.
    Fair enough. That does make a lot more sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I'm glad we got to see a little more of who Sophie is. Long overdue.
    I knew her telling her mother was going to be harsh but there wasn't an ounce of sympathy or care.
    I was contrasting that to how Eliza Danvers reacted when she found out that her daughter Alex was a lesbian. Eliza reacted better to Alex than even Alex's own sister Kara did.

Synopsis for new episode: A Narrow Escape:

WHO’S A HERO NOW? – Batwoman (Ruby Rose) encounters a new challenge when an old villain resurfaces, testing the heroics of Gotham’s most stand-up citizens. Alice’s (Rachel Skarsten) limits are tested. Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang and Camrus Johnson. Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Daphne Miles (#117). Original airdate 3/29/2020.
    https://batwoman.tv/a-narrow-escape-synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I was contrasting that to how Eliza Danvers reacted when she found out that her daughter Alex was a lesbian. Eliza reacted better to Alex than even Alex's own sister Kara did.
    Jeremiah also took it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Synopsis for new episode: A Narrow Escape:

https://batwoman.tv/a-narrow-escape-synopsis
    "Old villain?" The only really major ones she's had since now who are still alive are Hush, Magpie, and Duela. I guess it could be The Rifle.

Series put on hold:

"Following The Flash unit manager Brent Crowell announcing on Friday morning that the show would stop filming and crew members were not meant to show up on set, both the Warner Bros. Television Group and Netflix announced their respective plans take similar precautions for a number of other shows. The CW’s Riverdale, Batwoman, and Supergirl, Epix’s Pennyworth, and Netflix’s Lucifer and Stranger Things have also all been put on hold."
    Source: https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2020/03/n...w-coronavirus/

Better safe than sorry.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Whatever keeps the cast and crew safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Better safe than sorry.
    Especially with Danielle Panabaker and Melissa Benoist being pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Especially with Danielle Panabaker and Melissa Benoist being pregnant.
    Awwww! Congratulations to them both!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I realize this is a spur of the moment situation Kate but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be getting your bare hands covered with blood like that. You're not Nocturna after all.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Mighty Member

The mom's decapitated head in the fridge has to be one of the most shocking moments of the Arrow-verse shows.