Page 94 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Would be a good excuse to introduce Harper Row.

I don't know how I'd feel about this Luke becoming Batwing. First, his character reminds me far too much of Curtis Holt, and I hated how they transitioned him from tech guy to fighting vigilante. Honestly, I think the only time I actually liked watching 'Mr. Terrific' fight was the assault on the GCPD at the end of season 6. The second reason is I always felt that Batwing was a direct rip-off of Iron Man (even the animated movie Batman: Bad Blood had Batwing suiting up using the same gantry system that Tony did in the first Iron Man movie), and they already HAD an Iron Man ripoff in The Atom.
    I’m completely biased considering how much I like Harper, but I really think she’d fit the aesthetic of this show. They wouldn’t even need to have her be Bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering Cisco was still basically tech support even when he was still Vibe, I don't think it'll be that much different.

Considering Ray is no longer The Atom (and barely was using the suit anyways), and the writers have seemingly forgotten about Ryan Choi's existence, I think that frees Luke up to be an Iron Man stand-in.
    Vibe is different. He started as tech support, and then got powers. But even in the field, he relied more on his powers than his fists, so I could go with it. I never bought Curtis as a Vigilante, and only thought he was credible in one fight that I can remember.

Maybe Ray became more like Booster after he started time traveling, but in the beginning- especially that first suit up and flight- he was a clear Iron Man rip off. As for Ryan, I won't say he's been forgotten about. Crisis wasn't that long ago, and now each team was dealing with fallout of some kind. They may not even find a place for him until next season.

Which brings to mind the question- where do you put him? Danielle just had a baby, and I could see him filling her role on The Flash for a time- but they already promoted a couple of people to series regulars next year. Legends would be obvious, and he has a relationship with Sara, but I'd rather him steer clear of that particular Cluster. Batwoman doesn't seem to be a good fit, but I think he could do well on Black Lightning.

Luke will (eventually in S2 at the earliest) become Batwing, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Vibe is different. He started as tech support, and then got powers. But even in the field, he relied more on his powers than his fists, so I could go with it. I never bought Curtis as a Vigilante, and only thought he was credible in one fight that I can remember.

Maybe Ray became more like Booster after he started time traveling, but in the beginning- especially that first suit up and flight- he was a clear Iron Man rip off. As for Ryan, I won't say he's been forgotten about. Crisis wasn't that long ago, and now each team was dealing with fallout of some kind. They may not even find a place for him until next season.

Which brings to mind the question- where do you put him? Danielle just had a baby, and I could see him filling her role on The Flash for a time- but they already promoted a couple of people to series regulars next year. Legends would be obvious, and he has a relationship with Sara, but I'd rather him steer clear of that particular Cluster. Batwoman doesn't seem to be a good fit, but I think he could do well on Black Lightning.
    They did a terrible job portraying Curtis as a vigilante, let alone as Mr. Terrific. There was one fight that ended up with him getting kicked repeatedly while he was curled up in the floor, it was that embarrassing. He didn't really start contributing until he brought out his T-Sphere's.

If they weren't promoting Chester to a series regular on Flash I'd say Ryan would fit in there. I think there are too many reasons why he wouldn't fit with the Legends.

I would honestly prefer Mary to become Kate's sidekick.

Luke's role as tech support is fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I would honestly prefer Mary to become Kate's sidekick.

Luke's role as tech support is fine as it is.
    Not sure what Mary bring to the table. She has no fighting skills. And to have her suddenly have mad fighting skills smacks of Mary Sue-ing the character. Seems like she was be more of a liability than an asset in a fight.

Luke, being male, can more easily acquire muscle mass. And being he was Wayne security he must have some modicum of defense techniques that he can use with tech he creates. So fighting training wouldn't be
    as steep a curve.

Mary is based off the character who was the closest thing Kate had to a sidekick. She's probably going to get training eventually.

It's not like Roy Harper or Thea Queen were vigilante's overnight.

Or Laurel.

I could see Julia getting semi-regular appearances.

Just hope that they don't overdo the number of allies/side-kicks, otherwise they should re-name the show from Batwoman to Gotham Knights.

Sometimes series/films inspire alterations to the comics. Think this show will cause any changes to comics Kate? I think we might see some improvements to comics Alice, or hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I could see Julia getting semi-regular appearances.

Just hope that they don't overdo the number of allies/side-kicks, otherwise they should re-name the show from Batwoman to Gotham Knights.
    I mean, it's kind of an Arrowverse thing to have a lot of allies/sidekicks. Plus the Batfamily is kind of engrained into the mythos. So I'm not sure it's really something this series will avoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Sometimes series/films inspire alterations to the comics. Think this show will cause any changes to comics Kate? I think we might see some improvements to comics Alice, or hope so.
    Comic Alice is so distinct that I'm not sure if she needs any changes to match the show.

I guess Kate will keep the shorter hair because Ruby Rose has it now, even though I preferred her bob.

Bluebird

I mean, it's kind of an Arrowverse thing to have a lot of allies/sidekicks. Plus the Batfamily is kind of engrained into the mythos. So I'm not sure it's really something this series will avoid.

Comic Alice is so distinct that I'm not sure if she needs any changes to match the show.

I guess Kate will keep the shorter hair because Ruby Rose has it now, even though I preferred her bob.
    I’m actually kinda curious about which Bat Family characters the showrunners are allowed to use, or if they want to focus on the lesser known characters so that Batwoman doesn’t end up getting overshadowed in her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I’m actually kinda curious about which Bat Family characters the showrunners are allowed to use, or if they want to focus on the lesser known characters so that Batwoman doesn’t end up getting overshadowed in her own show.
    Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are all more famous than Batwoman with a longer comic (and other media) history. They would be a no-go IMO, unless presented in a semi-retired mentor role, such as Oracle and Old-Man-Wayne.

Given the show's timeline, it shouldn't be too difficult to put more famous characters (that they are allowed to use) in a retired mentor role - given that Kate was 12 when Batman was already known and active.

From what we've seen so far, this show is about the next generation. Kate - Bruce's much younger cousin, Luke - Luscious son, Julia - Alfred's daughter.

I don't think they can physically use Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and maybe Alfred or Jim Gordon.

They probably can't use Mary/Bette as Bat-Girl but they can use her as Flamebird. Anyone who isn't a core Batfamily member is probably up for grabs.

I don't think they can physically use Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and maybe Alfred or Jim Gordon.

They probably can't use Mary/Bette as Bat-Girl but they can use her as Flamebird. Anyone who isn't a core Batfamily member is probably up for grabs.
    How about Renee (possibly as the Question), Azrael, Ace the Bat-Hound, and either Spoiler or Harper (not both IMO).

The Robins would be out-of-bounds, plus Titans already has two, and Orphan's fighting abilities would overshadow Kate. Signal is a meta and doesn't fit IMO - he'd be better off on the Flash. Alfred has his own show, and Gordon recently had his own show that lasted 5 seasons (Gotham).