Page 95 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    How about Renee (possibly as the Question), Azrael, Ace the Bat-Hound, and either Spoiler or Harper (not both IMO).

The Robins would be out-of-bounds, plus Titans already has two, and Orphan's fighting abilities would overshadow Kate. Signal is a meta and doesn't fit IMO - he'd be better off on the Flash. Alfred has his own show, and Gordon recently had his own show that lasted 5 seasons (Gotham).
    Renee and Cass are probably off-limits because of BoP. I know the Arrow crew wanted to do Question but I'm not sure about the Batwoman team.

Ace...I dunno if they'd have a dog running around the Batcave .

Another interview:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    How about Renee (possibly as the Question), Azrael, Ace the Bat-Hound, and either Spoiler or Harper (not both IMO).

The Robins would be out-of-bounds, plus Titans already has two, and Orphan's fighting abilities would overshadow Kate. Signal is a meta and doesn't fit IMO - he'd be better off on the Flash. Alfred has his own show, and Gordon recently had his own show that lasted 5 seasons (Gotham).
    Bat hound is the only correct answer here...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Bat hound is the only correct answer here...
    Yes, surely a bat-hound is do-able. Titans has Krypto after all.

Mighty Member

So, Joker's dead in that in universe.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So, Joker's dead in that in universe.
    Wait, what's this mean?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wait, what's this mean?
    It means that Batman may have something in common with his counterpart from Earth -90.
    Although Earth -1 Bruce possibly had the strength to stop after Joker's death and went into seclusion before he went totally out of control.

Joker is probably off limits to the Batwoman show but does the Joker ever stay dead?
    If the show ever gets the chance to use him they will reveal that he has been alive all this time waiting for the Bat to show his face again.

There's some good story material they could use. What pushed Batman to kill the Joker? Possibly Jason's death or they could have another scenario that is unique to the Arrowverse.
    Last edited by Damien; 04-26-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    There's some good story material they could use. What pushed Batman to kill the Joker? Possibly Jason's death or they could have another scenario that is unique to the Arrowverse.
    Bruce probably found out that Joker was his long-lost brother who went evil and after trying to save him countless times, finally realized he was beyond redemption...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Bruce probably found out that Joker was his long-lost brother who went evil and after trying to save him countless times, finally realized he was beyond redemption...
    Hmm...That sounds familiar but I just can't place where I've seen it before...Lol!

Nice bit of cross-promotion with the Kane's playing Mortal Kombat 11. I'm kind of surprised Kate was playing Cassie, Sonia seems more her speed (although maybe she wasn't as enthused about Ronda Rousey as fans were). It was kind of weird when they changed characters in barely a second. Wouldn't it have been funny if they had been playing Injustice or one of the Arkham games? Although I guess those are kind of old.

Not that Alice doesn't deserve punishment for what she's done, but Arkham's treatments...leave a little to be desired.

I think this version of Tommy is more obsessed with Bruce then the comic version, which is saying something. Or maybe it just comes off that way because here he has a massive man-crush on him instead of just hating him.

Why is Magpie getting psychological treatment? I mean, she's dangerous, yeah, but aside from dressing in a flashy black leather ensemble and naming herself after a bird she didn't seem too crazy beyond being a criminal.

Mouse must be the only person in the world who actually enjoys being in Arkham, although he seems to enjoy it more now that the inmates are running the asylum. And now they're a brother and sister king and queen which...I'm not going to look too much into.

What was that jewel thief thinking attacking her when she was seemingly letting him go? Not that I think she was really letting him go, but still. Reminds me of that thug Batman saves in Arkham City who attacks him the moment you turn your back on him.

Kate sure likes taking her mask off. Good thing the GCPD didn't have a chopper flying overheard. I guess murder-PTSD will prevent you from thinking straight.

Was Luke always this swole or has he really been training hard in a week to vent his frustration?

I kind of have a hard time believing no investigator, let alone Batman, could have figured out the numbers were referencing discharge paperwork. Was this version of Jacob not in the military like he was in the comics? I feel like he should've caught that.

At least the Batwoman imitator isn't wearing hockey pads.

Man, Kate Kane is one hardcore real estate agent. Although Luke scrambling for their secret identity makes me wonder if they actually do...any real estate work.

So, uh...Sophie and Julia. That happening? Is there some kind of girl code that prevents hooking up with the ex of your ex ?

Wow, Kate had a lot of "cool sister" moments with Mary off-screen during their childhood. Before I thought they barely hung out at all despite all of Mary's efforts to get close to Kate. Not that I think that automatically translates to why Mary should've realized Kate was Batwoman, but it was a good moment for Mary .

Ha! Tuxedo One! I think that's the first time that's popped up in a piece of media .

I'm honestly not surprised Wayne Tower has a lockdown procedure. That might have been helpful when they were trying to hide Mary from the Crows, but I guess they couldn't have been that obvious.

So...is that guy going to put two and two together that Batwoman is working with Luke Fox? He heard her talking on the comms with Luke and saw Batwoman and Luke being familiar with each other. Might be something he might blab about in prison.

I wonder if they'll go anywhere with Tommy being the one who hired the guy who killed Lucius. Luke doesn't seem focused on revenge at all, but Tommy is partially responsible...but I guess he's locked up too, so nothing to do about it.

I'm kind of surprised Julia chooses a security job over being an intelligence agency. The latter seems more interesting then the former, although I guess Gotham always keeps things interesting. I wonder if she's also thinking she can play double-agent for Kate and feed Batwoman information? Is Sophie a factor?

Batman killed Joker? Dang, I guess you can't be a major Arrowverse hero without one confirmed kill (although I don't think Black Lightning's killed anyone yet). It drove Earth-90 Batman off the rails but did Bruce retire because he wanted to prevent that from happening? Is that the most explanation we're going to get for why he left?

"Gotham city under lockdown". Well this episode was disturbingly appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice bit of cross-promotion with the Kane's playing Mortal Kombat 11. I'm kind of surprised Kate was playing Cassie, Sonia seems more her speed (although maybe she wasn't as enthused about Ronda Rousey as fans were). It was kind of weird when they changed characters in barely a second. Wouldn't it have been funny if they had been playing Injustice or one of the Arkham games? Although I guess those are kind of old.
    I just realized that Cassie and Kate's initial suspect have one thing in common; taking selfies with enemy corpses.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    It means that Batman may have something in common with his counterpart from Earth -90.
    Although Earth -1 Bruce possibly had the strength to stop after Joker's death and went into seclusion before he went totally out of control.

Joker is probably off limits to the Batwoman show but does the Joker ever stay dead?
    If the show ever gets the chance to use him they will reveal that he has been alive all this time waiting for the Bat to show his face again.

Ah, thanks. Appreciate it
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I really hope Patterson's Batman breaks the long line of killer Batmen. Anyway, I've been wondering, since it looks like we're getting an arkham subplot with Alice and Mouse, why is Jeremiah Arkham never used outside comics? He's more or less been a mainstay in the comics for a long time, either as a villain or just the guy who's usually the warden.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I really hope Patterson's Batman breaks the long line of killer Batmen. Anyway, I've been wondering, since it looks like we're getting an arkham subplot with Alice and Mouse, why is Jeremiah Arkham never used outside comics? He's more or less been a mainstay in the comics for a long time, either as a villain or just the guy who's usually the warden.
    It's weird that the only live action Batmen who aren't killers, that I can think of, are West and Clooney (unless someone can clarify a time West Batman straight up killed someone intentionally).

Now that you mention it, I don't think any live action media has really gone into the Arkham family the asylum is actually named after.

Predictably, Twitter is in a tizzy over the Joker thing, having apparently forgotten most Batman films and who knows how many comics.

I thought it sorta neat that Julia's pep talk sounded like it could have been said by Kate's comic version. The sharp contrast the two versions have had in regard to killing has been interesting, given that TV!Kate didn't get the sort of training she did in the comics that would specifically have prevented her from killing Cartwright as she did. I wonder how she'd react to something more justified, since comic!Kate isn't bothered at all by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird that the only live action Batmen who aren't killers, that I can think of, are West and Clooney (unless someone can clarify a time West Batman straight up killed someone intentionally).
    In one of the Twitter threads I read, someone pointed out that West's Batman disintegrated a guy into antimatter or something.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-27-2020 at 11:15 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)