Page 96 of 233 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Luke's arc has been really exciting. Wonder where he'll go from now on.

Also, good thing there is no more identity hide and seek with Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Predictably, Twitter is in a tizzy over the Joker thing, having apparently forgotten most Batman films and who knows how many comics.
    It's always been a controversial issue.
    In one of the Twitter threads I read, someone pointed out that West's Batman disintegrated a guy into antimatter or something.
    I knew it .

Predictably, Twitter is in a tizzy over the Joker thing, having apparently forgotten most Batman films and who knows how many comics.
    It's Batwoman. Twitter is already in a tizzy because the show even exists, much less because they killed a character that was never going to be in the series anyway.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's Batwoman. Twitter is already in a tizzy because the show even exists, much less because they killed a character that was never going to be in the series anyway.
    I'm kind of curious who this show does and doesn't have access to, but I guess this isn't like Supergirl where the failure of the DCEU probably gave them carte blanche on the Superman canon because they probably weren't going to do anything film-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird that the only live action Batmen who aren't killers, that I can think of, are West and Clooney (unless someone can clarify a time West Batman straight up killed someone intentionally).

Now that you mention it, I don't think any live action media has really gone into the Arkham family the asylum is actually named after.
    In the canon(???) WW77 comic theres a crossover with Batman 66 where he says as they got older his villains got nastier and Joker broke into the cave giving Alfred a heart attack, this sent Bruce into a blind rage and he killed the Joker before immediately retiring

I'm kind of curious who this show does and doesn't have access to, but I guess this isn't like Supergirl where the failure of the DCEU probably gave them carte blanche on the Superman canon because they probably weren't going to do anything film-wise.
    The general rule was always seemingly if there's a move coming out/in the works, the Arrowverse couldn't use it. Flash got away with it because the series was already around before Batman v. Superman and it's CW's top rated show. Things like Suicide Squad members being removed from Arrow. DC has a history of this with things like the Bat-embargo.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I kind of have a hard time believing no investigator, let alone Batman, could have figured out the numbers were referencing discharge paperwork. Was this version of Jacob not in the military like he was in the comics? I feel like he should've caught that.
    It's not the entire number, so it's a lot more likely they thought it was a shipment or lot number or something similar. There are far better reasons for veterans to be suspects in bomb cases anyway. I'm more bothered that this is another instance of writers not knowing what a dishonorable discharge is.

And yes, Jacob was still in the military (I unintentionally contributed something to that being in the show).

Ha! Tuxedo One! I think that's the first time that's popped up in a piece of media .
    Julia mentioned it in her first appearance.

I'm kind of surprised Julia chooses a security job over being an intelligence agency. The latter seems more interesting then the former, although I guess Gotham always keeps things interesting.
    I don't think she quit the SRR, she's just working with them in a specific capacity. It was weird for her to call it an "agency" though, since it's not; it's a special operations unit.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The general rule was always seemingly if there's a move coming out/in the works, the Arrowverse couldn't use it. Flash got away with it because the series was already around before Batman v. Superman and it's CW's top rated show. Things like Suicide Squad members being removed from Arrow. DC has a history of this with things like the Bat-embargo.
    DC's embargoes have always been weird. Like how Ted Kord was off-limits despite them doing virtually nothing with Ted Kord anyways.

It's weird that the only live action Batmen who aren't killers, that I can think of, are West and Clooney (unless someone can clarify a time West Batman straight up killed someone intentionally).

Now that you mention it, I don't think any live action media has really gone into the Arkham family the asylum is actually named after.
    Don’t think Jeremiah is in any of the cartoons either. And the Arkham games replaced him with Quincy Sharp. I don’t really care about the character at all. I just find it a little weird since he’s been around a long time and still shows up semi frequently in the comics. I guess there are enough psychologist villains between Crane, Harley and Hugo Strange.

Zero impact on the live ratings due to the hiatus, which is good.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/04/ra...pril-2020.html

The raw number is down a bit, but I'm guessing most are electing to stream later nowadays, just in general.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

The show got a shout-out on One Day at a Time:

https://twitter.com/nancy_kiu/status...35842601730051

The show got a shout-out on One Day at a Time:

https://twitter.com/nancy_kiu/status...35842601730051
    Sounds like they were Ruby Rose fans before they even watched the show .

Wonder if this means Batwoman's going to take to using the batarang and batclaw almost exclusively next season:

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/te...us-1234595453/

Social-distancing-length bow-staff?

They could introduce the taser-gloves, and pepper-gun too. Heh, give her pistols like in the animated version, with rubber bullets. In the weapons display on the show there is also a cross-bow and grenades, hopefully to be used as non-lethal. What other long-range gadgets do the Bat-Family have available?

I could easily see Supergirl just tossing things at enemies and continuing to use her breath and laser-eyes. The Flash they can just use the visual effects of the-flash-lightning-streaks and enemies falling-over.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-01-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wonder if this means Batwoman's going to take to using the batarang and batclaw almost exclusively next season:

They could introduce the taser-gloves, and pepper-gun too. Heh, give her pistols like in the animated version, with rubber bullets. In the weapons display on the show there is also a cross-bow and grenades, hopefully to be used as non-lethal. What other long-range gadgets do the Bat-Family have available?

I could easily see Supergirl just tossing things at enemies and continuing to use her breath and laser-eyes. The Flash they can just use the visual effects of the-flash-lightning-streaks and enemies falling-over.
    The bo always felt off to me. Maybe because I still associate it more with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

While I am all for protecting the actors and actresses (especially thinking of Melissa and Danielle, both who are or are about to become new mothers), I really don't see how this could work for shows where fight scenes are a part of the fabric of the show. With Supergirl and Flash, you could conceivably rely on their digital doubles- but that would probably mean cutting how many episodes you could film, to pay for the extra VFX. But for a show like Legends, or Batwoman, or the potential Green Arrow and the Canaries, you need those fight scenes. As a matter of fact, I can see the CW now passing on GAatC entirely, because who wants to watch a show with those characters if they don't have epic fight scenes?

I think, in the long term, it's going to come down to how well Canada handles this disease. I really don't think this is something we are going to be living with for the rest of our lives. If Canada can get a handle on the disease, flatten the curve and keep things under tight control, I would hope that things get back to normal in the near future.

That being said, as someone who is getting over the damn virus, I wouldn't wish it on any of the casts or crews.