Page 97 of 233 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I am all for protecting the actors and actresses (especially thinking of Melissa and Danielle, both who are or are about to become new mothers), I really don't see how this could work for shows where fight scenes are a part of the fabric of the show. With Supergirl and Flash, you could conceivably rely on their digital doubles- but that would probably mean cutting how many episodes you could film, to pay for the extra VFX. But for a show like Legends, or Batwoman, or the potential Green Arrow and the Canaries, you need those fight scenes. As a matter of fact, I can see the CW now passing on GAatC entirely, because who wants to watch a show with those characters if they don't have epic fight scenes?
    In before Mia and the Canaries just use Trick Arrows and their Canary Cries to subdue bad guys .
    That being said, as someone who is getting over the damn virus, I wouldn't wish it on any of the casts or crews.
    I'm sorry to hear that! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery .

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I am all for protecting the actors and actresses (especially thinking of Melissa and Danielle, both who are or are about to become new mothers), I really don't see how this could work for shows where fight scenes are a part of the fabric of the show. With Supergirl and Flash, you could conceivably rely on their digital doubles- but that would probably mean cutting how many episodes you could film, to pay for the extra VFX. But for a show like Legends, or Batwoman, or the potential Green Arrow and the Canaries, you need those fight scenes. As a matter of fact, I can see the CW now passing on GAatC entirely, because who wants to watch a show with those characters if they don't have epic fight scenes?

I think, in the long term, it's going to come down to how well Canada handles this disease. I really don't think this is something we are going to be living with for the rest of our lives. If Canada can get a handle on the disease, flatten the curve and keep things under tight control, I would hope that things get back to normal in the near future.

That being said, as someone who is getting over the damn virus, I wouldn't wish it on any of the casts or crews.
    Or with Supergirl just use her heat vision and freeze breath more. She very seldom punches anyone anymore anyway. Dreamer uses astral projection so no up close needed. Alex gets a little tricky because about all she can do is
    beat people up. But Alex has a magic gun now so may she isn't a problem either.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wonder if this means Batwoman's going to take to using the batarang and batclaw almost exclusively next season:

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/te...us-1234595453/

Social-distancing-length bow-staff?

They could introduce the taser-gloves, and pepper-gun too. Heh, give her pistols like in the animated version, with rubber bullets. In the weapons display on the show there is also a cross-bow and grenades, hopefully to be used as non-lethal. What other long-range gadgets do the Bat-Family have available?

I could easily see Supergirl just tossing things at enemies and continuing to use her breath and laser-eyes. The Flash they can just use the visual effects of the-flash-lightning-streaks and enemies falling-over.
    If, on the small chance they introduce Bluebird for Season 2, they could have her use her big taser gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    In the canon(???) WW77 comic theres a crossover with Batman 66 where he says as they got older his villains got nastier and Joker broke into the cave giving Alfred a heart attack, this sent Bruce into a blind rage and he killed the Joker before immediately retiring
    Why would anyone think that's a good idea? A lot of the live action Batmen who've killed haven't really done it directly. It's mostly a result of the fight where the villain falls to his death or Batman needs to get himself to safety and can't (okay, won't) save the bad guy either. I'm not sure what the worst think Affleck's Batman did directly. Most people like to use Keaton's blowing up that thug with a bomb as an example.

I have to hand it to Batwoman for treating the idea seriously and getting a lot of mileage out of it. It makes sense that early in her career, maybe when Kate isn't too into her role as Batwoman, that she would need time out of the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Why would anyone think that's a good idea? A lot of the live action Batmen who've killed haven't really done it directly. It's mostly a result of the fight where the villain falls to his death or Batman needs to get himself to safety and can't (okay, won't) save the bad guy either. I'm not sure what the worst think Affleck's Batman did directly. Most people like to use Keaton's blowing up that thug with a bomb as an example.
    Almost commit pre-meditated murder on Superman?

I think the Batmobile ran over some dudes or blew up a truck that obviously had people in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think the Batmobile ran over some dudes or blew up a truck that obviously had people in it.
    That's an understatement lol

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not sure what the worst think Affleck's Batman did directly. Most people like to use Keaton's blowing up that thug with a bomb as an example.
    That's #1 in my book. BvS examples pale in comparison, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Most of the time, BvS Batman only killed people who were shooting at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most of the time, BvS Batman only killed people who were shooting at him.
    Yep, while his attempt to kill Superman was based on his vision of Clark as the head of a dystopian society in the future. Now one may quibble over WB/DC placing Batman in situations like that, but at least there are legitimate reasons for his actions. Bruce's bombing in the '89 flick, OTOH, is much harder to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep, while his attempt to kill Superman was based on his vision of Clark as the head of a dystopian society in the future. Now one may quibble over WB/DC placing Batman in situations like that, but at least there are legitimate reasons for his actions. Bruce's bombing in the '89 flick, OTOH, is much harder to justify.
    I think the 1992 film was worse. Batman was smiling when he did it, indicating he was enjoying it. And in the 1989 film it was more collateral damage. The goal was to destroy the factory. In 1992 it was overt and intentional.
    The goal was to take out the henchman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think the 1992 film was worse. Batman was smiling when he did it, indicating he was enjoying it. And in the 1989 film it was more collateral damage. The goal was to destroy the factory. In 1992 it was overt and intentional.
    The goal was to take out the henchman.
    I meant '92, not '89. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't find it that legitimate, personally, if we're talking about Batman here.

But I guess it's not Gotham Bruce who only needed some threats from Ra's to go all stabby stabby.

I don't find it that legitimate, personally, if we're talking about Batman here.
    Well, it's a lot more legitimate trying to take down a god bent on world domination (based pn the vision) or baddies shooting at you than the Batman Returns scenario, would you not agree, Frontier?

I think that Superman and Lex Luthor were the only two people that Batman fought that he DIDN'T kill. Oh, and the guy he branded, who ended up dying anyway.

Mighty Member

Tommy Elliot finally becomes Hush.