Page 98 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Tommy Elliot finally becomes Hush.
    I’m surprised they dropped the reveal so soon with only an episode or two left in the season, because I doubt they wrap him up so neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I’m surprised they dropped the reveal so soon with only an episode or two left in the season, because I doubt they wrap him up so neatly.
    I think they already wrapped him up neatly. The costume is pretty spot-on.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

t's kind of funny that Bruce Wayne being Batman is still this big deal reveal for some characters when it's been established for most of the main cast since episode 1. Even Alice didn't know. It reminds me how once in a while on Supergirl somebody will still react with shock at finding out Clark Kent is Superman .

Mary really livens things up. I get letting her into the know and she came through here, but I don't think they need to really force her into the team dynamic. She's tough when the chips are down but I still don't think she's quite ready for the vigilante lifestyle. I guess her social connections might help but the only other thing I see her contributing is if Kate needs a patch-up.

"Cat Santiago?" It feels like the show was peppering in Catwoman references to build up to the reveal of Reagan. Although despite what Julia said, an ample bust has never hampered Selina Kyle...

Poor Sophie and Julia having to see that Tommy portrait.

Tommy totally wants Bruce Wayne's face. I mean, it's one of Hush's biggest gimmicks and it's the only face that would make sense for him to want to steal.

Bandages? That jacket? I could already tell what was coming .

Was Lucius Fox Bruce's best friend? His Diggle? I guess Alfred's "the dad." We haven't really heard much about Jim Gordon but he's another candidate. We have no idea what the relationship between Bruce and Clark Post-Crisis is.

Kate getting pumped to go clubbing and actually acting like a socialite for once. At least she's also doing good, off-screen, real estate work on the side.

Batwoman falling for an obvious trap. Guess they needed a reason for her to get saved by her supporting cast. At least she dealt with all the criminals on her own.

I feel like the protocol for whenever Batman was compromised was to send in Robin. I guess if all else fails, Alfred goes in.

Alice is like Amanda Waller using Arkham inmates as her own personal operatives with the promise of freeing them or granting their wish.

Alice really wants to have this both ways where she wants people to see her as a victim and sympathize with her while also not being expected to own up to or be held responsible for any crimes or murder she commits. Joker is a homicidal psychopath but at least he usually just embraces it and doesn't go for the pity card unless your name is Harleen Quinzel.

I never thought about this before, but is Mary basically nominally Catherine's successor to her company?

I was about to comment on the fact that Regan seems to keep working for big shot criminals and if that was a running gag...until it turns out she was basically a criminal herself the whole time and Magpie's accomplice. And is apparently in this life in order to protect her sister. She basically is Kate's Catwoman .

Although...ultra super secret journal with important information, and Kate takes it back to her apartment so she can get a little nightcap? She should've given it to Mary and Julia to give to Luke.

Who is Julia secretly working for to get the journal? I kind of doubt it's secretly Bruce or the government. Safiyah?

Good going Lucius to make sure the note couldn't be read in the wrong hands. I'm guessing the only person with a chance at reading it or cracking the code is Luke.

Next Sunday...live-action debut of Hush and Batwoman storms Arkham!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, it's a lot more legitimate trying to take down a god bent on world domination (based pn the vision) or baddies shooting at you than the Batman Returns scenario, would you not agree, Frontier?
    For Batman? Not really.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For Batman? Not really.
    I'm not debating the "Batman should not kill!" code that was created for my parents when they were kiddies. I'm just saying, if he goes that route, there are some kills that are more defensible than the others. The Batman Returns kill is the least defensible, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm not debating the "Batman should not kill!" code that was created for my parents when they were kiddies. I'm just saying, if he goes that route, there are some kills that are more defensible than the others. The Batman Returns kill is the least defensible, IMO.
    I find the Superman thing less defensible because it operates under Batman having extreme and almost downright delusional tunnel vision when it comes to Superman and actively plotting to murder someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    They probably intended to, but the season was cut short due to the shutdown. Their hands were tied. The season ends on the last episode they were able to complete.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I find the Superman thing less defensible because it operates under Batman having extreme and almost downright delusional tunnel vision when it comes to Superman and actively plotting to murder someone.
    Well, at least he wasn't gleeful about it like the Burton Batman.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed this episode, it was fun and no one got on my nerves or made me shout at my TV.

If I had to nitpick it was the wonky camera work during the opening fight sequence.

Having Arkham be Alice's new playground is a great fix for her IMO.

We finally have pretty comic accurate Hush!

Well, at least he wasn't gleeful about it like the Burton Batman.
    I mean he did emphasize that his ancestors were hunters. He seemed to view it as some sick sort of sport / challenge, at least.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 05-05-2020 at 05:46 AM.

I wonder who Julia is working for.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I mean he did emphasize that his ancestors were hunters. He seemed to view it as some sick sort of sport / challenge, at least.
    That was him trying to rationalize the idea not enjoying it.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-05-2020 at 06:49 AM.

"Cat Santiago?" It feels like the show was peppering in Catwoman references to build up to the reveal of Reagan. Although despite what Julia said, an ample bust has never hampered Selina Kyle...
    I suspect that was a jab at the way Jim Balent used to draw Catwoman in her first ongoing comic book series.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I suspect that was a jab at the way Jim Balent used to draw Catwoman in her first ongoing comic book series.
    Ironically that version had big boobs but didn't expose them with her costume .

Bluebird

Ironically that version had big boobs but didn't expose them with her costume .
    To make up for it, Balent just made the costume ridiculously skintight.

So, what are you up to Julia? Also, I had a hard time keeping Reagan and her apart.

This episode had splendid fight scenes.

Next week Hush, lets see how that turns out.

I wish they didn't make Mary instantly revert back to her usual kid sister persona so fast. It should've taken longer for her to not only forgive Kate for keeping a secret from her but also process the fact that Kate is putting herself in real danger. Mary jokes about all the traumatic things that happened to her, but they should really be taking their toll on her by now, and being part of Team Batwoman shouldn't be an exciting endeavor for her initially.

I seem to recall there being hints that Reagan was Magpie...but the reveal is they're related and working together. I can't remember what it was that made it seem like Reagan was sketchy, but I know it was there when she was first introduced.

Yep, while his attempt to kill Superman was based on his vision of Clark as the head of a dystopian society in the future. Now one may quibble over WB/DC placing Batman in situations like that, but at least there are legitimate reasons for his actions. Bruce's bombing in the '89 flick, OTOH, is much harder to justify.
    As much as I didn't like Batman in Dawn of Justice, his turn basically came when he realized Superman was, basically, human. When he planned on killing Superman and asking him if he bleeds and all that, he only saw Superman as an alien creature, barely above the parademons the League would go on to kill in the next movie.

Was Lucius Fox Bruce's best friend? His Diggle? I guess Alfred's "the dad." We haven't really heard much about Jim Gordon but he's another candidate. We have no idea what the relationship between Bruce and Clark Post-Crisis is.
    When they mentioned that, I was reminded of the cartoon The Batman where it was established that Lucius was Bruce's best friend (initially it was the cop Ethan Bennett, but after introducing Lucius, they said he was Bruce's best friend). I could see that happening in continuities where he gets in on Bruce's secret fairly early and is closer to the Morgan Freeman version of the character.