Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Let's improve the disguise of Clark Kent!

Yeah, this is one of the pet peeves of anti-Superman fans - how people can possibly be fooled by Clark Kent's disguise, and not be able to tell that he is Superman.

The best way to do this, is probably to look at two of the best versions of the disguise - the All-Star Superman Clark Kent, and the Christopher Reeves Clark Kent.

Here are my own proposals on how the Clark Kent disguise could work:

1. Different personality - Clark Kent must be as differing in demeanour from Supes as possible.
    2. Different hair - The different hair-style is a good start, but it needs to do more. Perhaps some kind of extensions, or a wig of some sort, could be introduced. I.e, Clark has a pony-tail, but Superman does not.
    3. Facial-hair - give Clark a small moustache, or perhaps an almost full beard. It helps change the shape of the face just as much as glasses do.
    4. Glasses, of course.
    5. Contact-lenses - play up the aspect of Supes INhuman eyes, and make him wear lenses with a completely different colour -preferrably brown.
    6. Baggy, ill-fitting clothes - play up the aspect that Kent is a goof-ball, and can't dress properly. If the clothes are too big, it also helps conceal his muscles. This part was forgotten by Byrne, who made it clear that Kent was openly athletic.
    7. Different voice - Clark Kent's voice must be different from Superman's. Super-muscle control takes care of this.
    8. Clark Kent cannot have people around him that interact with Superman - That's right. Superman can't regularly meet and talk to Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White, while still maintaining his job at the Planet. They will eventually figure it out, even if he's THAT good at acting. The solution is to NEVER give Clark the job at the Planet, at least not in the capacity of a reporter on the City -beat. A writer, working at home, or perhaps a blogger, is a better solution. Or maybe he works as a janitor at WGBS, or as a copy-boy. Superman can still interact with the people at the Planet, but Clark Kent must be a virtual unknown to them.

What do you guys think? Are a wig, a stash, contact-lenses and a different job, good additions to Supes disguise? Or would you do it completely differently? =)

Perhaps not change a thing? ( then keep in mind, that some of the things on my list that I've lifted from the media, hasn't always been there, it's grown through the years. Which means that the disguise that is Clark Kent, shifts now and then, ever so slightly, and discreetly.)
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 07-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.