View Poll Results: Is it likely Dazzler's fired off a laser chooch before?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

8 72.73%
  • I don't imaginate and lost my sense of humor in the green vest rebellion

2 18.18%
  • Nah.... she's too...." "

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default Is it Likely Dazzler's Shot a Laser from her Crotch? Y/N??

Knowing what we understand of Dazzlers Powers really emanating from any bundle of nerve endings and receptors in particle/wave form energy- I.e. Fingertips, Eyes, mouth, sub and exo-cutaneously, from her entire body----
    Could one posit that Ali Body-Positivity Blaire has at some point like even as a cool party trick, or like super threateningly in a Sabretooth level creep level situation as like a warning shot, ripped off a searing beam of focused energy in the world? Somewhere in her mythic this must be true.

Would you ever want to see this somehow represented in canon? In what context? And what does our decision yes or no , mean?

Astonishing Member

Dazzler can shoot beams from any part of her body, but eye beams would make the best sense for perfect aim

I think she has shot eye beams at some occasion

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Dazzler can shoot beams from any part of her body, but eye beams would make the best sense for perfect aim

I think she has shot eye beams at some occasion
    Nah, your eyes are constantly jittering around. Finger guns are the ideal solution.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Nah, your eyes are constantly jittering around. Finger guns are the ideal solution.
    She's noted as being a perfect marksman. As such, shooting solid photons and finite pinhole lasers from both eyes and fingertips. Often as a trick shot. Has she ever like sneezed and vaporized a barstool in her time as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    She's noted as being a perfect marksman. As such, shooting solid photons and finite pinhole lasers from both eyes and fingertips. Often as a trick shot. Has she ever like sneezed and vaporized a barstool in her time as well?
    You misunderstand. No matter what, your eyes are glancing around uncontrollably. Here’s an example: Hold up your hand. Look ONLY at the very top of your index finger.
    Kept having to drag your eyes back, didn’t you?
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Knowing what we understand of Dazzlers Powers really emanating from any bundle of nerve endings and receptors in particle/wave form energy- I.e. Fingertips, Eyes, mouth, sub and exo-cutaneously, from her entire body----
    Could one posit that Ali Body-Positivity Blaire has at some point like even as a cool party trick, or like super threateningly in a Sabretooth level creep level situation as like a warning shot, ripped off a searing beam of focused energy in the world? Somewhere in her mythic this must be true.

Would you ever want to see this somehow represented in canon? In what context? And what does our decision yes or no , mean?
    I think if she's shooting lasers from her eyes she'd get better accuracy even if she needs to focus, because she can simply shoot a wide beam or a blinding beam without much power.

As for the crotch beam, technically is possible but the logistics to put herself into shooting position (because unlike Mr eye beams, she can't Ricochet her blasts), and shot are complicated, plus she might lose sight of the target, she also exposes herself to danger due to the reduction of visibility and she'd need to practice how to properly aim with her crotch since due to the complexity of nerve ending it won't be as easy as using a finger, arm, or her whole body

If she's used her whole body she's shot from the crotch before.

As for a possible context, maybe someone from a basement is trying to take a peek on Dazzler undies, thus she shots em with a blinding beam / blast, but I'd put it for giggles, not as something serious

Finally, Dazzler is cool but very... Bizarre, in a good way, so having her crotch shooting won't help her become more popular
    Last edited by wano; 12-06-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    You misunderstand. No matter what, your eyes are glancing around uncontrollably. Here’s an example: Hold up your hand. Look ONLY at the very top of your index finger.
    Kept having to drag your eyes back, didn’t you?
    Wow! That's a totally new way of thinking of the power, thank you! Do you feel like as well of lack of photo sensitivity and super spatial aptitude, her mutant power adjusts her REM?

Wow! That's a totally new way of thinking of the power, thank you! Do you feel like as well of lack of photo sensitivity and super spatial aptitude, her mutant power adjusts her REM?
    ...huh. You know, that’s a great explanation, although for Cyclops it doesn’t work because he’s always blasting.

BANNED

I think mutants with eye based powers either have those reflexes mastered or their power absolutely suppressed, and a for Dazzler, her body must also absorb light in a way or her lasers would also end up toasting her, so the eyes must be included, maybe she doesn't get sunburns either. There's lot of considerations for mutants that absorb energy or light, Dazzler included

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think if she's shooting lasers from her eyes she'd get better accuracy even if she needs to focus, because she can simply shoot a wide beam or a blinding beam without much power.

As for the crotch beam, technically is possible but the logistics to put herself into shooting position (because unlike Mr eye beams, she can't Ricochet her blasts), and shot are complicated, plus she might lose sight of the target, she also exposes herself to danger due to the reduction of visibility and she'd need to practice how to properly aim with her crotch since due to the complexity of nerve ending it won't be as easy as using a finger, arm, or her whole body

As for a possible context, maybe someone from a basement is trying to take a peek on Dazzler undies, thus she shots em with a blinding beam / blast, but I'd put it for giggles, not as something serious

Finally, Dazzler is cool but very... Bizarre, in a good way, so having her crotch shooting won't help her become more popular
    It’s a built in anti-rapist mechanism.
    And see my above points on eyes (for som me reason this didn’t post the first time, so now we’re getting into REM suppression, but... eh)

Dazzler's been out of work and down on her luck a few times. An adult film producer asked her if she wanted to make some money doing mutant fetish stuff and the next thing she knew...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

So that is what happened to Longshot... Killed in action, so to speak.

I think mutants with eye based powers either have those reflexes mastered or their power absolutely suppressed, and a for Dazzler, her body must also absorb light in a way or her lasers would also end up toasting her, so the eyes must be included, maybe she doesn't get sunburns either. There's lot of considerations for mutants that absorb energy or light, Dazzler included
    Cyke can’t turn off his power and he needs REM for awareness. Based on how it’s portrayed, I believe his beams are locked to his head and not his eyes. I therefore conclude that his eyes are transparent to his blasts, and they come from the back of the eye, because if the portal was in front of his eyes, he would be blind. In this essay I will—

Noted! Glad ur discovering the character and her bizarreness. U feel a crotch laser would negatively affect her popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Dazzler's been out of work and down on her luck a few times. An adult film producer asked her if she wanted to make some money doing mutant fetish stuff and the next thing she knew...
    but I mean
    that’s just poetic justice.
    Destroyed by the very thing you sought...