View Poll Results: Is it likely Dazzler's fired off a laser chooch before?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    8 72.73%
  • I don't imaginate and lost my sense of humor in the green vest rebellion

    2 18.18%
  • Nah.... she's too...." "

    1 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Noted! Glad ur discovering the character and her bizarreness. U feel a crotch laser would negatively affect her popularity?
    Discovering? Baby, I've read most of her original run... Who could forget awesome feats like beating enchantress in a singing contest with Odin as the judge, absorbing black bolt sonic scream head on, pretty much becoming a herald of galactus by absorbing the sound of the destruction of an entire galaxy and entering into a black hole, fight terrax inside it, beat him, and the leave. Or two timing angel and some other guy I don't remember (I was rooting for angel BTW).

    Seriously I love Dazzler and her comic should be renamed Dazzler bizarre adventures, but for the crotch beam... That's stretching it

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Discovering? Baby, I've read most of her original run... Who could forget awesome feats like beating enchantress in a singing contest with Odin as the judge, absorbing black bolt sonic scream head on, pretty much becoming a herald of galactus by absorbing the sound of the destruction of an entire galaxy and entering into a black hole, fight terrax inside it, beat him, and the leave. Or two timing angel and some other guy I don't remember (I was rooting for angel BTW).

    Seriously I love Dazzler and her comic should be renamed Dazzler bizarre adventures, but for the crotch beam... That's stretching it
    Dazzler done right is a badass. She's... about the only part of IvX I liked.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, X-Men: Red, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Dazzler done right is a badass. She's... about the only part of IvX I liked.
    Dazzler done right is embracing the weird, bizarre and then doubling down on it

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Dazzler done right is embracing the weird, bizarre and then doubling down on it
    I have not read enough Dazzler to converse on her true nature, so I'll take your word for it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, X-Men: Red, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

  5. #20
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    but I mean
    thatís just poetic justice.
    Destroyed by the very thing you sought...
    Destroyed? That gave it an even cuter level than before!

  6. #21
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Discovering? Baby, I've read most of her original run... Who could forget awesome feats like beating enchantress in a singing contest with Odin as the judge, absorbing black bolt sonic scream head on, pretty much becoming a herald of galactus by absorbing the sound of the destruction of an entire galaxy and entering into a black hole, fight terrax inside it, beat him, and the leave. Or two timing angel and some other guy I don't remember (I was rooting for angel BTW).

    Seriously I love Dazzler and her comic should be renamed Dazzler bizarre adventures, but for the crotch beam... That's stretching it
    Don't forget the time she almost got cockblocked by a tsunami so she went outside and vaporized it so she could get that mutant ***** ate.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Destroyed? That gave it an even cuter level than before!
    I don't know what you mean by that, but in case it's not clear, my point is that would be awesomely fitting.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, X-Men: Red, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Don't forget the time she almost got cockblocked by a tsunami so she went outside and vaporized it so she could get that mutant ***** ate.
    Oh god that's so Dazzler to do... And the drama... It's not for sounding stereotypical, but it read as if it was a soap opera aimed at teenage girls, not that I didn't enjoyed it, hell I'll probably re read it again in marvel unlimited.

    And, she once used a laser sword, or she ate Ulysses claw (he's the living sound guy, I think...)

    On the other hand, I've found ridiculous that marvel can't capitalize on Dazzler as an idol, I mean, Japan or Korea have idols factories that sell in USA and marvel can't do something similar? It's ridiculous

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Oh god that's so Dazzler to do... And the drama... It's not for sounding stereotypical, but it read as if it was a soap opera aimed at teenage girls, not that I didn't enjoyed it, hell I'll probably re read it again in marvel unlimited.

    And, she once used a laser sword, or she ate Ulysses claw (he's the living sound guy, I think...)
    I remember hearing about Klaue somewhere.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, X-Men: Red, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

  10. #25
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Oh god that's so Dazzler to do... And the drama... It's not for sounding stereotypical, but it read as if it was a soap opera aimed at teenage girls, not that I didn't enjoyed it, hell I'll probably re read it again in marvel unlimited.

    And, she once used a laser sword, or she ate Ulysses claw (he's the living sound guy, I think...)
    Read it again sometime. Dazzler is the most meta book for its time. It, like Dazzler is supposed to look and initially feel like a soap opera girls book pulp, all pretty and sparkles but it also like Dazzler contains a shit ton of dark Themes. It's like the skit Welcome to Hell from SNL in serialized form. With lasers and drugs and monsters and rape.

  11. #26
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,897

    Default

    Lol she probably has. I have seen her do it through her eyes, and her marksmanship is insanely good.

  12. #27
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I remember hearing about Klaue somewhere.
    Yeah she murdered Klaw and got jumped in jail for it.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Read it again sometime. Dazzler is the most meta book for its time. It, like Dazzler is supposed to look and initially feel like a soap opera girls book pulp, all pretty and sparkles but it also like Dazzler contains a shit ton of dark Themes. It's like the skit Welcome to Hell from SNL in serialized form. With lasers and drugs and monsters and rape.
    If Marvel wants the teenage girl audience they need more comics like Dazzler, they'd give them what the majority of them wants. As far as I remember romance comics where kind of a big deal back then

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •