Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 148
  1. #61
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You know that would just tick people off big time. People shouldn’t feel punished for sticking with one console.
    thats not Sony, MS or Nintendo's fault. People get ticked off at everything. Nintendo is catering to those that own the Switch and its a good move for them. Anyone thats ticked off likely doesnt own a Switch and/or had no plans to get one and quite frankly are of no concern to Nintendo.

  2. #62
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You know that would just tick people off big time. People shouldn’t feel punished for sticking with one console.
    No one is being punished. These consoles need to differentiate themselves from each other and exclusives is the best way to do that. Knowing where the AAA industry is heading we need exclusives now more than ever. Funnily enough, an exclusive game focus on trying to convince it's audience to buy a console to play it is likely a big reason why they ain't heavily monetized casinos like every major multiplatform game is now.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,628

    Default

    Nintendo differs itself all the time with having more original characters than any other console it actually owns compared to Sony or Microsoft, and Nintendo doesn’t OWN Marvel. So they’re not struggling for exclusivity here.

    As others have stated all the previous games had the large majority of their audience with the PS2/3 and X-Box/360 versions. Ignoring that audience in favour of the one console group which was relatively ignored at the time might sell a couple more Switches but is mostly just petty and disrespectful of those on other consoles who have waited years for a new Ultimate Alliance and likely aren’t going to get any equal to it with Avengers Project since it’s already evident it’s gonna be a crappy would be Destiny rip off with the usual cash grabbing MMO nonsense...

  4. #64
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nintendo differs itself all the time with having more original characters than any other console it actually owns compared to Sony or Microsoft, and Nintendo doesnít OWN Marvel. So theyíre not struggling for exclusivity here.

    As others have stated all the previous games had the large majority of their audience with the PS2/3 and X-Box/360 versions. Ignoring that audience in favour of the one console group which was relatively ignored at the time might sell a couple more Switches but is mostly just petty and disrespectful of those on other consoles who have waited years for a new Ultimate Alliance and likely arenít going to get any equal to it with Avengers Project since itís already evident itís gonna be a crappy would be Destiny rip off with the usual cash grabbing MMO nonsense...
    You are far too salty over this.

  5. #65
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nintendo differs itself all the time with having more original characters than any other console it actually owns compared to Sony or Microsoft, and Nintendo doesn’t OWN Marvel. So they’re not struggling for exclusivity here.

    As others have stated all the previous games had the large majority of their audience with the PS2/3 and X-Box/360 versions. Ignoring that audience in favour of the one console group which was relatively ignored at the time might sell a couple more Switches but is mostly just petty and disrespectful of those on other consoles who have waited years for a new Ultimate Alliance and likely aren’t going to get any equal to it with Avengers Project since it’s already evident it’s gonna be a crappy would be Destiny rip off with the usual cash grabbing MMO nonsense...
    Stop being so sensitive. This isnt a personal attack on you. This has nothing to do with disrespect, punishment or any of these other buzzwords you are throwing out. Its business.

    You throw out once again that Avengers is gonna be a crappy Destiny MMO rip off with no evidence to back that up. Why dont you wait till that game is actually unveiled as all we officially have is a teaser with no details

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You are far too salty over this.
    You would be if you waited a decade for MUA3 amid dozens of shitty mobile cash grabs only to them make it an exclusive on a console few played the previous games on. This isn’t like PS4 Spider-Man where the company controls ownership of the character in some media, this is honestly an exclusive for exclusive sake, and it’s gonna bite Marvel in the ass for letting something this dumb slide.

    And I am not just complaining for myself. There’s many other people making the same arguments online if you look for them. I can only hope that a future release on the more widely played consoles in the future is possible.

    You are right that I can’t prove that Avengers Project is a Destiny ripoff but there’s been plenty of rumours about suggesting it’s the type of game that will be based on, but as you say we’ll have to wait and see.

  7. #67
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You would be if you waited a decade for MUA3 amid dozens of shitty mobile cash grabs only to them make it an exclusive on a console few played the previous games on. This isn’t like PS4 Spider-Man where the company controls ownership of the character in some media, this is honestly an exclusive for exclusive sake, and it’s gonna bite Marvel in the ass for letting something this dumb slide.

    And I am not just complaining for myself. There’s many other people making the same arguments online if you look for them. I can only hope that a future release on the more widely played consoles in the future is possible.

    You are right that I can’t prove that Avengers Project is a Destiny ripoff but there’s been plenty of rumours about suggesting it’s the type of game that will be based on, but as you say we’ll have to wait and see.
    You are still far too salty.

    The previous MUA games weren't on the Switch. The fact that you are totally fine with Insomniac's Spider-Man being on PS4, but not MUA being on Switch says everything that needs to be said.

  8. #68
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nintendo differs itself all the time with having more original characters than any other console it actually owns compared to Sony or Microsoft, and Nintendo doesn’t OWN Marvel. So they’re not struggling for exclusivity here.

    As others have stated all the previous games had the large majority of their audience with the PS2/3 and X-Box/360 versions. Ignoring that audience in favour of the one console group which was relatively ignored at the time might sell a couple more Switches but is mostly just petty and disrespectful of those on other consoles who have waited years for a new Ultimate Alliance and likely aren’t going to get any equal to it with Avengers Project since it’s already evident it’s gonna be a crappy would be Destiny rip off with the usual cash grabbing MMO nonsense...
    Nintendo's IPs don't tickle every fancy. Mario, Zelda, Smash and all that is great but they don't cover a wide variety of tastes. Nintendo doesn't invest in new IP often so it can feel stagnate always seeing Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc. Third party exclusives can help fill that void.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You are still far too salty.

    The previous MUA games weren't on the Switch. The fact that you are totally fine with Insomniac's Spider-Man being on PS4, but not MUA being on Switch says everything that needs to be said.
    Never said I wasn’t. It’s not a crime to be angry at such a decision. And if you have a Switch and are excited for it don’t assume I am angry at any of you specifically. I just firmly believe it’s a mistake to make MUA an exclusive franchise.

    Again the Spider-Man exclusivity was always gonna make more sense because of Sony’s ties to the character. Should it be an exclusive? Probably not, but the reasons why are more justified if nothing else. MUA doesn’t have any need to be exclusive, especially around an audience whose previous generation was in the minority of buyers. Marvel would have made much more money with all three consoles.

  10. #70
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Never said I wasnít. Itís not a crime to be angry at such a decision. And if you have a Switch and are excited for it donít assume I am angry at any of you specifically. I just firmly believe itís a mistake to make MUA an exclusive franchise.

    Again the Spider-Man exclusivity was always gonna make more sense because of Sonyís ties to the character. Should it be an exclusive? Probably not, but the reasons why are more justified if nothing else. MUA doesnít have any need to be exclusive, especially around an audience whose previous generation was in the minority of buyers. Marvel would have made much more money with all three consoles.
    Disney and Marvel made a decision to make a deal with Nintendo and Koei Tecmo for MUA 3. They don't need to justify their decision. (Have you seen the sales of the Switch? That's justification enough.)

  11. #71
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Marvel would have made much more money with all three consoles.
    Somehow, the fact that Nintendo was the only publisher willing to make the game seems to elude you. There was literally nothing stopping anyone from doing a multiplatform MUA (or at least a MUA style game) other than the fact that no one else cared to step up. Marvel will make more money on the Switch than they will with a game that wouldn't otherwise exist.

  12. #72
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Somehow, the fact that Nintendo was the only publisher willing to make the game seems to elude you. There was literally nothing stopping anyone from doing a multiplatform MUA (or at least a MUA style game) other than the fact that no one else cared to step up. Marvel will make more money on the Switch than they will with a game that wouldn't otherwise exist.
    I don't think that's what happened here. MUA wasn't in the same position as Bayonetta. According to what Reggie said, the exclusivity was the result of their relationship with Tecmo Koei. Makes me think it might have been Tecmo's call to take it to Nintendo.

  13. #73
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think that's what happened here. MUA wasn't in the same position as Bayonetta. According to what Reggie said, the exclusivity was the result of their relationship with Tecmo Koei. Makes me think it might have been Tecmo's call to take it to Nintendo.
    Seems like it was the other way around if I'm reading this right

    Fils-Aime cited earlier collaborations with developer Koei Tecmo on games like Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors. Apparently, the studio’s work on those games encouraged Nintendo to give them the reins of the Ultimate Alliance series
    https://www.superherohype.com/video-...ate-alliance-3

  14. #74
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,906

    Default

    There are too many good games out there to play and games are so much bigger these days that I cant be bothered with exclusivity. There's several games I wish I could play on the Switch but Im not losing any sleep as I have too many games on my PS4 that I havent touched bc I dont have the time.
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-17-2018 at 08:59 AM.

  15. #75
    Amazing Member Fearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    64

    Default

    If this game is more Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and less MUA2, I'll be playing it for a long time. I really hope it lives up to potential because Team Ninja on this kind of game should make it the most fun gameplay we've had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •