Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Events from the first game were referred to on a few occasions by characters in the second game, so that’s not strictly true. Like I suggested there was no reason why they couldn’t have called it simply Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but they kept the 3 in there. It’s not like EA which didn’t simply call 2015’s Star Wars Battlefront Star Wars Battlefront 3 because Pandemic had made two console games previously.

I wouldn’t expect them to be directly related but if they have referred to it in that way there should be a demonstration why.
    In the very looses sense which is why I said it wasnt a true sequel. The first wasnt required for the second as the continuity was barely there. The 2nd went in a completely different direction. MUA3 is being made by 2 different companies with no relation to the old games which will have come out more than 10 years ago. This isnt likely to pick up where we left off in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Why Switch only? Ugh ...
    Nintendo's probably paying for its development. Sure, they hired Team Ninja (of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive fame) to develop it, but if they're fronting the bill, the game is theirs.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Nintendo's probably paying for its development. Sure, they hired Team Ninja (of Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive fame) to develop it, but if they're fronting the bill, the game is theirs.
    This does make it possible then that it might end up being available on other consoles in the future then if the company isn’t entirely controlled by Nintendo. Likely not but one can hope.

All the people complaining that this is Switch exclusive, will you also complain when the Avengers game is formally announced and not on Switch? People are ignoring the fact that this is likely a Nintendo exclusive bc the Switch likely wont get Square-Enix''s Avengers game. The visuals on MUA3 look last gen with substandard production quality compared to the AAA games coming out today. That makes sense on the Switch as it likely wont be able to handle the Avengers game so Marvel worked out a deal to have something else to sell there

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm seeing people having meltdowns over this game being a Switch exclusive. It's as bad as Bayonetta 2. Switch is at least a console that's successful so it won't feel like a waste.
    Yeah, it's Bayonetta 2 all over again. If Nintendo's publishing it, then they're footing the bill. If they weren't, none of us would be talking about MUA3 right now because it wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All the people complaining that this is Switch exclusive, will you also complain when the Avengers game is formally announced and not on Switch? People are ignoring the fact that this is likely a Nintendo exclusive bc the Switch likely wont get Square-Enix''s Avengers game. The visuals on MUA3 look last gen with substandard production quality compared to the AAA games coming out today. That makes sense on the Switch as it likely wont be able to handle the Avengers game so Marvel worked out a deal to have something else to sell there
    I will sure as hell will complain if Avengers Project ends up being a crappy Destiny or Overwatch MMO rip-off because this is apparently covering the RPG side of things. Until we actually KNOW what the heck Squares games actually are Marvel fans who have wanted UA back for years amid dozens of shitty mobile ‘games’ and will be denied because of exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity have every right to complain.

I will sure as hell will complain if Avengers Project ends up being a crappy Destiny or Overwatch MMO rip-off because this is apparently covering the RPG side of things. Until we actually KNOW what the heck Squares games actually are Marvel fans who have wanted UA back for years amid dozens of shitty mobile ‘games’ and will be denied because of exclusivity for the sake of exclusivity have every right to complain.
    The question wasnt about the type of game the Avengers project will be but rather will you complain if it will be on every platform but the Switch.

Everyone complains when Nintendo gets an exclusive. You don't hear people complaining that Insomniac's Spider-Man is only on the PS4.

Everyone complains when Nintendo gets an exclusive. You don't hear people complaining that Insomniac's Spider-Man is only on the PS4.
    You didnt but there were tons of complaints when that was announced

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Spider-Man exclusivity send Xbox owners into a depression.

Overwatch...MMO? ...what?

Why would anyone think that an Avengers game would play like Overwatch (and since when was Overwatch an MMO)? Especially when it's being made by SE who have never done anything like Overwatch like...ever. That's just random as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Overwatch...MMO? ...what?

Why would anyone think that an Avengers game would play like Overwatch (and since when was Overwatch an MMO)? Especially when it's being made by SE who have never done anything like Overwatch like...ever. That's just random as hell.
    Sorry... but it’s just my cynical nature with how everyone wants to turn all games into Battle Royale nonsense lately. When I say MMO by the way I usually just mean predominantly multiplayer focused games where single player content is little more than an afterthought, and rumours have suggested it might be an Overwatch like ripoff. Given its Crystal Dynamics making Avengers Project of course we might be ok... Marvel’s just not had a good track record with games lately compared to Warner with DC.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    None of the Spider-Man games have been exclusive in 17 years until the PS4 one. Sony doesnt own Spider-Man and doesnt get a cut out of every Spiderman game. This deal with Nintendo is in the same league as what Sony had with their recent game

This isnt a true a sequel. This isnt like the Rise of the Tomb Raider deal where they started a story and went exclusive for the next game. This will pretty much a brand new thing as those making this werent even involved with the orignial games
    None of the Spider-man games have been exclusive but they did have a version of a title exclusive to the PSP. They also had exclusive content like the New Goblin on the PS3 back when Spider-man 3 released and Carnage on the PSP with Friend or Foe. They also extended that sort of thing to an exclusive costume for the Amazing Spider-man game. They also got a cut from all 5 of the movie games and their variation on subsequent consoles at their respective times. Friend or For came from Sony.

So otherwise you had Ultimate Spider-man, Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, and Edge of Time. But that is four titles up against 6 that Sony had some hand in and or exerted control for an exclusive over.

The point being is that anybody following along knew that this was coming at some point. The movie games and spin-offs had been big, and since it was in Sony's wheelhouse it's far more likely that given the chance it would make itself exclusive to Sony products at some point. Sony has its own dedicated gaming division, Marvel does not. It's more surprising for it to be a Nintendo exclusive as Marvel doesn't have the same sort of relationship like it has with Sony to Nintendo in any capacity. Nobody could see this coming, especially as a "sequel" to a title that not only started on X-box but moved multi-platform since.

I'm not mad it ended up on the Switch, I'm dumbfounded they even made this decision in the first place. Sony makes sense to produce a Spider-man title considering the history they have with the franchise as much as they have their own gaming division with their own hardware. Anybody paying attention knew it was a matter of time. But Nintendo doesn't have the history and are producing a sequel to a dead franchise on a single console. The majority of Switch titles is Nintendo IP, meaning that people who buys this game are more than likely already here for Nintendo products. You are less likely to find people buying a Nintendo Switch for Ultimate Alliance rather than people who are here for Pokemon or the next Zelda. The move is foolish considering the stranglehold Nintendo has and the mass of its own I.P on the system itself. It's not even comparable.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

I'm not mad it ended up on the Switch, I'm dumbfounded they even made this decision in the first place. Sony makes sense to produce a Spider-man title considering the history they have with the franchise as much as they have their own gaming division with their own hardware. Anybody paying attention knew it was a matter of time. But Nintendo doesn't have the history and are producing a sequel to a dead franchise on a single console. The majority of Switch titles is Nintendo IP, meaning that people who buys this game are more than likely already here for Nintendo products. You are less likely to find people buying a Nintendo Switch for Ultimate Alliance rather than people who are here for Pokemon or the next Zelda. The move is foolish considering the stranglehold Nintendo has and the mass of its own I.P on the system itself. It's not even comparable.
    If you pay attention to games being released on the Switch it's not just Nintendo games that are doing well. Indie games are striving on the platform. Many indie devs have said that Switch ports of their games make up the bulk of their sales. Stardew Valley, Golf Story, and Dead Cell being the ones I know off the top of my head. Moreso than on Steam. AAA third party games like Octopath Traveler and Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle have done extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Bayonetta 2 and (and the upcoming) 3 exist only because of Nintendo.