Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Too much shade.

I can't see.

But this kind of reaction is why everybody pokes at Storm fans.
    no shade just truth. go back and read the posts in this thread. you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm personally not someone who would 'envy' a fictional character and I honestly feel sorry for anyone who harbors hatred for someone who isn't real. I don't know what you're on about.

Maybe the Xoffice can bring in Coates to the Xbooks because I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone (even among those who worship the All-Goddess) who likes how Storm is being portrayed in the X-books. It's sad and like I said I do honestly wish things will get better in 2019.

Attachment 74837
    if you dont fall under my general description then my comments were not directed at you. I dont have any feelings either way but the incessant snark is unnecessary and just calling it out for what it is.

and agree with your last point the xoffices have done her no favors. but again I hope 2019 brings something all xfans can be happy about with hopefully less snark.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This thread needs Jesus Grey.

spoilers:
    phew. this issue.

-After the preview, we see Kitty being understandably pissed that Nate was so ready to follow Apocalypse's command. Nate retorts that he's amassed a council and that Kitty should've said something if she was bothered by En Sabah Nura's opinion. He then asks Senator Allen what he wants done.
    -Jean's team finish rescuing the survivors, as the islands suddenly burst with flora and fauna. Almost as if this might have something to do with what Apocalypse left behind during the D'oerek Experiments in the X-Men: Black backups. That's literally all we see of them.
    -Beast pulls up a security camera that catches a hooded figure stealing a vial of the cure. Beast then has the computer pull up a database for potential suspects. Yes, Anole and Oya are still unconscious.
    -Now that Jean's harrowing speech was all for nothing, we see Glob and Madrox make their way to the destroyed Institute (it's daytime. where are the rest of the students?) where Armor, Pixie, Rocksldie, and Legion are all cleaning rubble to make way to Cerebra. Banter, banter banter, Legion finds X-Man and asks the New X-Men if they're ready to save the world. "Hell yes we are", Hisako proclaims.
    -Polaris clowns her dad and destroys the cool X-Man statue that Magneto erected. Then. Lorna and Ororo gang up on the old man while Cannonball flies Angel up to the stratosphere and smashes him back down on the ground. It doesn't do too much, but Psylocke tries to reason with him. Angel pleads that Betsy just join him as it only takes a word, but Betsy knows better and slashes the hell out of Warren with the focused totality of her psychic power. Warren loses his Salvation form, freaks out, says Betsy's taken the only peace he's ever had, and shifts into the Archangel.

oh my X-Man, this arc could've been cut down to 6 issues.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "You've ruined me forever!" Puh-lease. Archangel being mindfucked and/or going dark and tormented happens every third Tuesday.

That moment might have been really dramatic if, you know, we'd not done this dance with Warren about 50 times by now. Or if we'd seen him gaining that peace during his conversion. Or if there had been anything done to make us give a damn about that particular bit of "development".

The art was gorgeous, though.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

spoilers:
    Not sure why, but I just find that look of Pixie carrying a bunch of rubble adorable.

Her facial expression is just really funny.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    They don’t want the Black Woman to be the HBIC
    On the contrary. Storm should be headmistress. Kitty never should've had that position. Logan never should've had that position. Once Scott was gone Ororo naturally should've taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont have any feelings either way but the incessant snark is unnecessary and just calling it out for what it is.
    and agree with your last point the xoffices have done her no favors. but again I hope 2019 brings something all xfans can be happy about with hopefully less snark.
    What's unnecessary is multiple pages of "what should have been" that derails multiple threads and discussions and pretty much silencing Polaris fans because she said something Storm fans think Storm should have said/done. It completely takes other people out of the discussion and their voices aren't heard. This is a recurrent and unnecessary problem on this message board.

I'm fairly certain this thread will become a Storm's "feats" thread by the end of the week if not by the end of the day.

Just calling it for what it is, darling.

BANNED

You know a story is bad when the writers start interacting straight with CBR and beg for approval.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    You know a story is bad when the writers start interacting straight with CBR and beg for approval.
    Where did you get that?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly this issue felt like filler apart from the battle with Magneto, which was pretty awesome, even if only four members of the team did anything at all lol. I love Polaris getting love.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    now that's snark lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly this issue felt like filler apart from the battle with Magneto, which was pretty awesome, even if only four members of the team did anything at all lol. I love Polaris getting love.
    If you take bits from each of them and remove other parts it could've been a good start.

BANNED

This issue just proved that Warren needs to either go to limbo for six years or be taken out of the X-Office for the same amount of time.

It's the THIRD TIME we're getting murderous Archangel after Remender left. It was ok when Bunn did it, but enough is enough. Just come out and say nobody in the X-Books know how to handle him and LET HIM REST.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This issue just proved that Warren needs to either go to limbo for six years or be taken out of the X-Office for the same amount of time.

It's the THIRD TIME we're getting murderous Archangel after Remender left. It was ok when Bunn did it, but enough is enough. Just come out and say nobody in the X-Books know how to handle him and LET HIM REST.
    Remender was right.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This thread needs Jesus Grey.
    Well all do, honey. We all do.

In Avengers disassembled the team had members/ex-members that were injured, quit, were killed, etc. We're getting some of the same here but no deaths as yet. I vote Beast and Angel both die during this story. Beast is unsalvageable and nobody knows what to do with Angel anymore.

Warren is truly amazing. He's not even a character anymore. He's like the embodiment of some of the franchise itself. A guy who is conceptually and symbolically rich and could be the X-Men's Tony Stark or something. Then he has one really good story a few decades ago, that is now no longer a really good story because it's never been allowed to end and is instead regurgitated endlessly in a circle with any forward momentum for the actual character part of the character being squashed during the next rotation.

Now get back in your bright pink and blue jumpsuit, you dork.