Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The best X-Men villains are those that want to save the world but also reflect a mirror back on the X-Men to show how horrible the X-Men are from exacerbating a situation to being sacred cows
    Wasn't that the point of what Nate's Four Horsemen of Salvation did at the end of last issue? That the X-Men had become "part of the problem" and therefore had to be eliminated if there was ever going to be a real chance for peace?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wasn't that the point of what Nate's Four Horsemen of Salvation did at the end of last issue? That the X-Men had become "part of the problem" and therefore had to be eliminated if there was ever going to be a real chance for peace?
    The problem is that they want to eliminate them. Really they should have turned public opinion against them and humiliated them into submission

I never got into "X-Man" as a character- too much forced relevance with being a Cable clone, etc. Hopefully when this storyline is done he'll pay for his crimes.

Been rereading my X-man comics and this has nothing to do with that character. This is simply someone at Marvel thinking ”Hey it beats limbo” Witch ofc it doesn’t. This stinks of the old DC problem where they thought that it would be interesting to explore a hero gone bad. That it never worked for DC should be a big flashing neon sign for Marvel. But hey ”it beats limbo” unless the story damages the character enough to keep him from being used as anything but a run of the mill villian.

Mighty Member

If Nate tries to erase free will, that would be the biggest slap in the face to the fans. Nate and Franklin (and the audience) did not suffer through Onslaught to see that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If Nate tries to erase free will, that would be the biggest slap in the face to the fans. Nate and Franklin (and the audience) did not suffer through Onslaught to see that.
    we still dont know why he snapped

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    TBH, more & more I'm kinda gettin' a Secret Empire New Tian vibe, from the upcoming AoXM alt-reality.

Vive la résistance!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Been rereading my X-man comics and this has nothing to do with that character. This is simply someone at Marvel thinking ”Hey it beats limbo” Witch ofc it doesn’t. This stinks of the old DC problem where they thought that it would be interesting to explore a hero gone bad. That it never worked for DC should be a big flashing neon sign for Marvel. But hey ”it beats limbo” unless the story damages the character enough to keep him from being used as anything but a run of the mill villian.
    I like the Nate Grey character a lot and for years wanted them to bring him back. The last 3 times they did this has made me wish he just had been forgoten. They borught him back by showing that he was so powerful that he could survive without a physical form and recreate a body only to be defeated by Normon Osborn's will in a arm wrestling contest. Then they brought him back for New Mutants by getting rid all of his power and then focus stories on Dani for the rest of the run. So far they bring him back to be a villian. I will still finsih the story but they better have some good reason for this because If not they should of just lefted him on the sidelines.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    Please no wish master. Wishing is not a power.
    Considering that Franklin considers them close friends, I wouldn't mind this at all.

This preview was hilarious, Apocalypse's troll game has gone Super Saiyan.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'm out of the loop, where did this Apocalypse come from?

He doesn't speak like even Axis Evan and the covers for the Age of X-Man comics have Evan and Apocalypse on one of the teams together. Also the AOA reality was sealed off from the rest of the multiverse (the whole Molecula Man/Beyonders/Dr. Doom thing wouldn't have been able to reach it) and the Apocalypse Force was last inside AOA Jean Grey who was facing off against a race of billions of cosmic entities (one of which easily slew and drained the Dreaming Celestial), so there may be nothing left of that reality anyway, so this Apocalypse wouldn't be from there.

Given how this Apocalypse is tempting Nate and giving him advice that seems to push him where Apocalypse wants him, he may end up coming out of this getting what he wants.

Emma was right

There have been several times in history where religion has been either outlawed or repressed.The Soviet Union, Cambodia under the Khemer Rouge or even the current state of North Korea.
    And I would hardly call any of those societies making things better. In fact it made them worse."
    The Soviet Union was a bad place to live in because of the communism. Lack of the religion was never been the case. Look at Russia now. It's a super religious country. But the society is bad as ever.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    The Soviet Union was a bad place to live in because of the communism. Lack of the religion was never been the case. Look at Russia now. It's a super religious country. But the society is bad as ever.
    As bad as ever is going too far.
    During the Soviet Union era, people would frequently turn each other over to the authorities to be tortured or murdered over minor or even made-up crime - often for something as trivial as a chance at getting their apartment or extra rations.
    Side effect of living in a totatlitarian regime where ever being suspected of a crime against the party gets you shipped out to the Gulags (if you're lucky) or the lubyanka (if you're not).

Modern day russian society might not be fantastic - but its no where near as bad as what it was during that era.

Edit:
    While I agree about Communism being the cause of the Soviet Union being a horrible place to live, the same holds true for Cambodia and North Korea.
    Almost like Marxism and its various off-shoots are a religion of sorts - which is why they band religion.
    Don't want the compitition.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 12-09-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post

He doesn't speak like even Axis Evan and the covers for the Age of X-Man comics have Evan and Apocalypse on one of the teams together. Also the AOA reality was sealed off from the rest of the multiverse (the whole Molecula Man/Beyonders/Dr. Doom thing wouldn't have been able to reach it) and the Apocalypse Force was last inside AOA Jean Grey who was facing off against a race of billions of cosmic entities (one of which easily slew and drained the Dreaming Celestial), so there may be nothing left of that reality anyway, so this Apocalypse wouldn't be from there.

Given how this Apocalypse is tempting Nate and giving him advice that seems to push him where Apocalypse wants him, he may end up coming out of this getting what he wants.
    It would appear this is 616 Apocalypse. Nate seems to have found where ever the Celestials sent him in Blood of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post

This apocalypse was shown in Xmen Black, experimenting on test subjects till he got a powerful new host body, and talked about how he hasn't felt that level of power for a long time. They didn't show where he came from or how he got there. With the way he was captured so easily after talking about how he's at his most powerful, I'm hoping he's subtly manipulation Nate and pulling his strings, using Nates power to achieve his goals.