Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I see them getting targeted by Christian fundamentalists and right wing lions more than those who follow Islam.
    Yeah, don't think islamic extremists are reading much Marvel, and the vast majority of them, that AREN'T batshit crazy, mostly won't care.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Good grief is Nate really taking advice from Apox, what's next parenting skills advice from Nanny or Mystique?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Good grief is Nate really taking advice from Apox, what's next parenting skills advice from Nanny or Mystique?
    Well, Mystique was actually a fairly decent parent to the one kid that wasn't actually biologically hers.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

You know. I was on the verge of dropping this book anyway. But this just cements it:

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    It seems as if Richard Dawkins co-wrote this. It's a facile silly explanation and even anyone with a cursory understanding of history knows doesn't work. There have been several times in history where religion has been either outlawed or repressed.The Soviet Union, Cambodia under the Khemer Rouge or even the current state of North Korea.
    And I would hardly call any of those societies making things better. In fact it made them worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Or...or...Nate, if you're powers, is that strong you could always change the minds of everyone on the planet.

I'm assuming a moral code is not a big thing to Nate anymore.
    It's not even morals code. People do a lot of evil and wicked things not even just for the sake of it. But often out of jealousy, spite, insecurity, selfishness etc. You would have to eliminate free will to get rid of that. There's a great Yiddish parable I heard where rabbis once capture the yetzer hara, the negative impulse, and confined it in a big pot. They considered killing it, but then they noticed that throughout the kingdom, no one went to work, and even the chickens stopped laying eggs. The rabbis had to let it go.

Many of the so called evil impulses that reside inside us can be used for either good or bad.It all depends on how it's channeled. For example if I'm jealous of a co-workers promotion at work. I can either use that jealous feeling to improve myself to earn a promotion next time. Or I can use it to bad mouth them and sabotage them at every turn. Maturity or your character is a choice and something that needs to be worked on. It does not just come and no one can force you to have it.

Honestly I don't know whether or not the writers are trying to be ironic or it's just straight up lazy poor thought out writing (I can't see Claremont coming up with something this stupid). But whatever the case I'm not spending money on this anymore. Especially given the fact that most of the characters are written superficially.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    your comments really make me laugh lol
    Haha, thanks. Nice to have someone see the humor in my criticisms

I don't think Apocalypses point was to remove religion. It was to remove the competition. Apocalypse pretended to be a Good before. He had his own cult. Nate is doing the same thing. It's not about removing religion it's about removing all religion but the one dictator Grey is promoting

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    You know. I was on the verge of dropping this book anyway. But this just cements it:

It seems as if Richard Dawkins co-wrote this. It's a facile silly explanation and even anyone with a cursory understanding of history knows doesn't work. There have been several times in history where religion has been either outlawed or repressed.The Soviet Union, Cambodia under the Khemer Rouge or even the current state of North Korea.
    And I would hardly call any of those societies making things better. In fact it made them worse.

It's not even morals code. People do a lot of evil and wicked things not even just for the sake of it. But often out of jealousy, spite, insecurity, selfishness etc. You would have to eliminate free will to get rid of that. There's a great Yiddish parable I heard where rabbis once capture the yetzer hara, the negative impulse, and confined it in a big pot. They considered killing it, but then they noticed that throughout the kingdom, no one went to work, and even the chickens stopped laying eggs. The rabbis had to let it go.

Many of the so called evil impulses that reside inside us can be used for either good or bad.It all depends on how it's channeled. For example if I'm jealous of a co-workers promotion at work. I can either use that jealous feeling to improve myself to earn a promotion next time. Or I can use it to bad mouth them and sabotage them at every turn. Maturity or your character is a choice and something that needs to be worked on. It does not just come and no one can force you to have it.

Honestly I don't know whether or not the writers are trying to be ironic or it's just straight up lazy poor thought out writing (I can't see Claremont coming up with something this stupid). But whatever the case I'm not spending money on this anymore. Especially given the fact that most of the characters are written superficially.
    I don't know his current writing sucks. Maybe 1980's Claremont but his 2000 on writings have been crap where people give him a pass because of his 80's stroies.
    Last edited by greyspawn; 12-08-2018 at 12:16 PM.

I'm really tired about alternate realities. I actually hope Nate Grey gets erased. It's like they dig up the dregs of X-characters to have a crossover. No more Alternate reality warps.

BANNED

I wish they would give Apocalypse a more practical outfit.

Just give him a cloak and some pants and let him walk around shirtless. A hood too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This has been trash in a bag on the side of the street from the jump and looks like it will continue to be. At least it’s consistent
    Mmm hmm. 10char

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Mia..."It seems as if Richard Dawkins co-wrote this. It's a facile silly explanation and even anyone with a cursory understanding of history knows doesn't work. There have been several times in history where religion has been either outlawed or repressed.The Soviet Union, Cambodia under the Khemer Rouge or even the current state of North Korea.
    And I would hardly call any of those societies making things better. In fact it made them worse."

That (the bolded) is stating the obvious though, as no attempt in the MU by any self-proclaimed "GOD" to rule over the earth has ever amounted to lasting peace and prosperity for ALL Mankind.

If nothing else this event should be carded for lack of originality and ingenuity as it's the same tired super-hero/X-Men cliche: "Big Bad rules the world. All goes to shyt. Heroes rebel, save the day." regurgitated.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-08-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Bear in mind the two people saying this are the ‘bad guys’ and they aren’t really shown to be ‘right.’ And judging from the future titles, ‘removing’ religion doesn’t work and the next step is removing ‘free will’ and making his own little perfect world.

Astonishing Member

wanting to rule the world is an unrealistic desire because it's a lot of work
    I think the best xmen villains are the very selfish and immoral geneticists who only care about themselves while commiting heinous crimes for their experiments, the fictional Mengeles, like Mr and Miss Sinister or Dark Beast.

The best X-Men villains are those that want to save the world but also reflect a mirror back on the X-Men to show how horrible the X-Men are from exacerbating a situation to being sacred cows

The best X-Men villains are some of their editors.