Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    In Avengers disassembled the team had members/ex-members that were injured, quit, were killed, etc. We're getting some of the same here but no deaths as yet. I vote Beast and Angel both die during this story. Beast is unsalvageable and nobody knows what to do with Angel anymore.
    They were asking for it by swiping the name, but I can't think of a single Disassembled comparison that comes out in this story's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They were asking for it by swiping the name, but I can't think of a single Disassembled comparison that comes out in this story's favor.
    I completely agree. In A.D., that is exactly what it felt like the team was going through. A breakdown, a disassembling. Almost none of the main characters were left untouched in some way and many of the reserve characters were affected as well. If we don't get status changes for most of the main 10 X-Men featured on the preview solicitations (we won't), it will be empty. They should have gone with a different named. A.D. was game changing. This isn't.

This was terribly repetitive other than good showings for Polaris and Betsy.
    Jean’s team still saving random people from random things. Storm’s team still caught up in a mob. Legion still saying he will save the day. Beast still messing with the vaccine. And Nate going from “shut up monster” to “Mr. En Sabah Nur would you please join my council and give suggestions to change the world?”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I completely agree. In A.D., that is exactly what it felt like the team was going through. A breakdown, a disassembling. Almost none of the main characters were left untouched in some way and many of the reserve characters were affected as well. If we don't get status changes for most of the main 10 X-Men featured on the preview solicitations (we won't), it will be empty. They should have gone with a different named. A.D. was game changing. This isn't.
    Plus the title called out the often used 'Avengers Assemble!' line from the comics. It doesn't work quite as well with the X-Men even if it did have the proper setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus the title called out the often used 'Avengers Assemble!' line from the comics. It doesn't work quite as well with the X-Men even if it did have the proper setup.
    Right, the fact that they didn't catch this says a lot.

Also, Avengers was personal and emotional. The threat came from within, stemmed from one of the groups' mistakes, and destroyed the spirit of team even when they still had an armada of Avengers available and could fix the mansion no problem.

This story is exactly the opposite. It's about a weird niche character suddenly popping out of nowhere with a new schtick to literally scoop up everyone and send them away. AD played with assumptions that something like that was going to happen, and made the real thing hurt more. Here, we knew for sure that was what was exactly going to happen less than halfway through because of solicits and the event marketing.

BANNED

Remember when the solicits came out and we were all miffed that the whole thing looked like a lazy retread and a writer got really huffy about how we were pre-judging and were completely misreading what the story was actually going to be about?

Turns out we were right all along!

Lorna destroying the statue was cool.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

What's unnecessary is multiple pages of "what should have been" that derails multiple threads and discussions and pretty much silencing Polaris fans because she said something Storm fans think Storm should have said/done. It completely takes other people out of the discussion and their voices aren't heard. This is a recurrent and unnecessary problem on this message board.

I'm fairly certain this thread will become a Storm's "feats" thread by the end of the week if not by the end of the day.

Just calling it for what it is, darling.
    And you think posting fatuous remarks about Storm and/or her fans is staying on topic and not derailing the thread? By the goddess, so much hypocrisy.

Posting this to clarify a point but this will be my last time responding to you or anyone else about this topic. We were having an on topic discussion about an event that occurred in the issue. Polaris seemingly made a statement to Ororo that didn't make sense considering her powerset. It was then corrected that she was actually talking to Nightcrawler. There was no silencing of anyone's perspective; just two sides making a point. How you or anyone else would make such a conclusion that you have is demonstrative of you not actually reading what was discussed but looking to instigate unnecessary discord into the the exchange. You see, the "recurrent and unnecessary problem" you and others find yourself constantly immersed in can be easily solved. If you don't like ANY discussion that posters are having why not simply talk about something else? Why interject inflammatory and snide remarks that obviously are meant to troll Storm fans? These incendiary and targeted remarks to me are actually what is the recurring and unnecessary problem I so often see (EDIT: I just saw another snide remark in the actual spoiler thread after making this point within the first 5 posts oh the irony). I've never understood why anyone would incessantly lament about on-topic discussions (because at the end of the day the "feats" are mentioned because it is relevant to the thread) when the easy solution is to either ignore the post, leave the thread, and/or start a different discussion of your own. Perhaps try one of those options the next time a thread becomes a discussion of Storm's "feats" instead of posting snarky remarks and you won't find yourself as pressed about inconsequential and diminutive topics relating to Ororo darling.

In relation to the released issue, I thought the issue was cool and I really enjoyed when Kitty was put in her place by Xman. This was something I've been wanting to see for a long time and the best part of the issue.
    I guess I'm curious to see what happens after Betsy did her attack against Warren and it seems like the X-kids are about to find themselves in a heap of trouble but I'm honestly not really invested in the story even though i thought it was an ok issue. Outside of this I guess is that it seemed to end really fast and somewhat felt like a filler issue than anything as nothing that occurred really moved the story along.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-12-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This was terribly repetitive other than good showings for Polaris and Betsy.
    Jean’s team still saving random people from random things. Storm’s team still caught up in a mob. Legion still saying he will save the day. Beast still messing with the vaccine. And Nate going from “shut up monster” to “Mr. En Sabah Nur would you please join my council and give suggestions to change the world?”
    Perfect review of the issue and snapshot of the book so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Remember when the solicits came out and we were all miffed that the whole thing looked like a lazy retread and a writer got really huffy about how we were pre-judging and were completely misreading what the story was actually going to be about?

Turns out we were right all along!
    Which creator was that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Perfect review of the issue and snapshot of the book so far.

Which creator was that?
    Kelly Thompson. She got a bit worked up on Twitter. It's hilarious, looking back now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Kelly Thompson. She got a bit worked up on Twitter. It's hilarious, looking back now.
    Considering how she's the one that apparently thinks Laura(!!!) is a character that quips and makes casual psycho jokes, as MMX confirmed this week, her being cagey makes sense because she's clearly not doing a great job (and kinda knows it).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel bad for the writters and editors that come to these boards. There is always so much hate and criticism to characters, stories, writters, everything. Some of it is valid but not expressed on the right way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel bad for the writters and editors that come to these boards. There is always so much hate and criticism to characters, stories, writters, everything. Some of it is valid but not expressed on the right way.
    Pretty sure most of them actively avoid it. Some of it is just mean-spirited. In Thompson's defense, getting annoyed at the time was acceptable, but reading Uncanny today, I feel a lot of people's fears were valid.

BANNED

In fairness, writers and editors spent a couple years calling X-Men fans deranged conspiracy theorists with a victim complex.

Pretty sure most of them actively avoid it. Some of it is just mean-spirited. In Thompson's defense, getting annoyed at the time was acceptable, but reading Uncanny today, I feel a lot of people's fears were valid.
    Considering her annoyance was to people saying it was gonna be an AOA retread, and Age of X-Man was already planned at that time, I actually don't think it was reasonable of her at all lol.