Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

eta wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    If so that would be a much bigger deal. For instance if no followers of the Jewish faith ever existed that would mean the nation of Isreal would have had no reason to have been created in the first place.
    What would WW2 have looked like or would it have even have happened at all ect? What would the Middle East look like in this scenario?
    Religion has always shaped the world much as technology does today. You'd end up with a very different world and people with very different ideals.
    In order for that to happen you would have to go farther back to what set off WW1. The reason why the middle east is the way it is is due to the war and the end of the Ottoman Empire among those things. The war is what caused the jump in technology and it is the reason why we fight the way we do today. Without the first the second wouldn't have happened. It could be argued WW2 is part of the First's legacy.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel bad for the writters and editors that come to these boards. There is always so much hate and criticism to characters, stories, writters, everything. Some of it is valid but not expressed on the right way.
    yes. in this format in which we interact we kind of forget the human element involved in bringing us these stories we read. some of the criticism can be extreme and mean-spirited but with a franchise as big as marvel, writers have to have tough skin and not take these things so personal. I met Guggenheim several months back and thought he was a really nice person. I wish him the best in all his endeavors; however, his interpretation of the xmen as made evident through gold was horrid. It's nothing personal but these writers are getting paid for a service and the should do their diligence to be as accurate and respectful with these characters as much as possible. That said Uncanny isnt bad but it isnt great either. Its just ok. If you go into these stories with zero expectations I think you come out liking the book; the problem is with the long history that the xmen have fans of the series have expectations as to how their faves should be handled and what "good" xmen stories are. Its just is what it is.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    This apocalypse was shown in Xmen Black, experimenting on test subjects till he got a powerful new host body, and talked about how he hasn't felt that level of power for a long time. They didn't show where he came from or how he got there. With the way he was captured so easily after talking about how he's at his most powerful, I'm hoping he's subtly manipulation Nate and pulling his strings, using Nates power to achieve his goals.
    Thank you very much.

I'm hoping for that as well, I prefer Apocalypse as a philosopher and manipulator and not the "final boss" trope type, like how Louise Simonson, Peter David, and those appearances with Uatu during Onslaught had him.

I'd assume with all the troubles with the Celestials in the past couple of years he was able to break free, though I was kid of hoping that giant Apocalypse looking Celestial (has the lips and even an A on its' abdomen) in the Black Vortex mini was what Apocalypse transformed into (him appearing in the past could easily be explained).

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Hunty he’s Apocalypse not Luke Cage but I agree he needs a redesign
    I mean his suit is his body, or it always was until they brought the host body thing into the mainstream timeline after it was introduced in the Askani Son comics. Never throught the suit thing made sense when he has detached his head from his body, transformed into a normal sized man, made holes in his body where the torso would be, and even was essentially a puddle at some time during X-Ecutioner's Song because he was woken too early from his slumber and was weak. If they went with the suit=body thing again he could change his look whenever he pleased. I mean being an omnimorph was his original power.