Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    En Sabah Nur: Dude, just troll them
    Nate Grey: lol ok brah
    Yeah, there's something funny about Nate claiming to want to fix the world and taking advice from Apocalypse. I'm pretty sure this is A Big Deal, but the framing and spot-on Pocky dialogue just makes it look like a charicature. Hoping for a great fight between Mosesneto / PunkWarre and Storm's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I love Storm's team so much. Hoping this issue will be putting a heavier focus on them.
    I hope Cannonball, Nightcrawler, Jubilee and Polaris have more to do. Specially Cannonball, he's just there flying all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    So Silva’s Betsy is divine. My favorite thus far.
    It's fine but I prefer the other artists. I like when women are drawn less muscular and with softer facial features. Like this:
    UXM04-03.jpg

or like my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    "It's complicated", Psylocke made it sound like the mob is "too mad" for telepathy to work :/.

That's just lazy writing. It's a little bit insulting to us fans.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

The thing about Apocalypse is, he doesn't think he's evil. He thinks he performs a vital function that is necessary for life to flourish. And as made plain by Remender's retcons and decisions, Apocalypse actually can be considered something of a cosmic character who has a specific role and place in the universe, sort of like Galactus or Death, just much less powerful.

So I think this characterization does a good job of showing us an Apocalypse who is threatening, but who also ultimately never saw himself as the monster he is.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

This whole reboot screams lazy. Lazy writing and lazy artwork. Can we just treat this event as a WHAT IF? story.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And the absolute worst? They colour Storm's costume a slate grey/blue and her cape black. Like, WTF? That colourist needs a stern talking to.

In all seriousness though, If they had led off with this...X-Man erasing all religions (which is a shockingly bold move)...then I might have thought a bit more highly of this event.
    Such as it is now...and knowing it will lead off into yet another Altered Timeline/Age...it all just looks and reads and sounds so fekkin' TEDIOUS (it really should not have taken 5 issues...6 counting that #1 was supersized, to get to this point.)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-07-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And the absolute worst? They colour Storm's costume a slate grey/blue and her cape black. Like, WTF? That colourist needs a stern talking to.

In all seriousness though, If they had led off with this...X-Man erasing all religions (which is a shockingly bold move)...then I might have thought a bit more highly of this event.
    Such as it is now...and knowing it will lead off into yet another Altered Timeline/Age...it all just looks and reads and sounds so fekkin' TEDIOUS (it really should not have taken 5 issues...6 counting that #1 was supersized, to get to this point.)
    I can't speak for the Age of Xman titles but based on the previews for Uncanny Xmen 11 everything that is going on sticks. The mansion is still destroyed, the Xmen are hated and most of the team is gone. If they do a redo of the AOA or the inverse then you might have 4 new characters in the MU after or you might lose 4 characters for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Will they have the balls to erase Jerusalem on the next page?
    Or just Israel as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    This whole reboot screams lazy. Lazy writing and lazy artwork. Can we just treat this event as a WHAT IF? story.
    I still don't get where everything fits into each other and I'm not confident that Marvel knows lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    That's what it seems like anyway. So much is going on I forgot the plot already or...is there even a plot at all??? *Sigh* I confused.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I can't speak for the Age of Xman titles but based on the previews for Uncanny Xmen 11 everything that is going on sticks. The mansion is still destroyed, the Xmen are hated and most of the team is gone. If they do a redo of the AOA or the inverse then you might have 4 new characters in the MU after or you might lose 4 characters for a while.
    I was referring specifically to the AoXM titles.
    Lobdell and Nicieza did it in just 4 issues and did it better leading into AoA.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Or just Israel as a whole.
    Why ?
    They didn't delete Saudi Arabia, or even all of Mecca - just the Kaaba stone.
    And I don't think most people actually understand that the only place in Jerusalem that is considered holy for Jewish people is the wailing wall.

It just doesn't make as much impact as deleting such a well recognized landmark as the Kaaba.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Why ?
    They didn't delete Saudi Arabia, or even all of Mecca - just the Kaaba stone.
    And I don't think most people actually understand that the only place in Jerusalem that is considered holy for Jewish people is the wailing wall.

It just doesn't make as much impact as deleting such a well recognized landmark as the Kaaba.
    Because Marvel made a big stink about Syaf's "secret" messages that 99% of the audience wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out to be anti-Semitic and it was a "make national headlines" problem....but apparently erasing other Holy sites is ok and publishable as long as they're not Jewish. It hypocritical.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Because Marvel made a big stink about Syaf's "secret" messages that 99% of the audience wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out to be anti-Semitic and it was a "make national headlines" problem....but apparently erasing other Holy sites is ok and publishable as long as they're not Jewish. It hypocritical.
    You mean those "Subtle" messages like sticking the word "Jew" right next to kitty's head ?
    Yeah, I get why people kicked up a fuss about that.

And if Kitty's expression in this scene is any indication, this scene isn't really meant to be taken seriously.
    Its basically Jesus taking advice from Satan about how to make the world a better place - Its almost comedic in nature.

BANNED

You mean those "Subtle" messages like sticking the word "Jew" right next to kitty's head ?

And if Kitty's expression in this scene is any indication, this scene isn't really meant to be taken seriously.
    Its basically Jesus taking advice from Satan about how to make the world a better place - Its almost comedic in nature.
    There was a baseball bat to her face and some numbers on Colossus' tshirt. They're there, but you either have to look or have someone tell you...this is just blatantly like Charlie Hebdo.

Nate's appearances in this crossover have been coming off as comedic to me

It certainly does read as a "Comedy of Errors" except...it is meant to be taken seriously/figuratively to 'symbolise' the whole eradication of that particular religion along with ALL other religions ergo...no hypocrisy and/or Jew-shaming specifically.

So far it seemed like Nate had a plan but then Pooky was all "Hey, get rid of competing religions" and Nate goes "Hey, why didn't I think of that?"

This is going full comedy very quickly.