Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    So far it seemed like Nate had a plan but then Pooky was all "Hey, get rid of competing religions" and Nate goes "Hey, why didn't I think of that?"

This is going full comedy very quickly.
    I don't know that I'd mind. I legit laughed at Kitty's expression when Nate decided "Yeah, sure, let's give it a whirl." XD

Spectacular Member

I'm curious, the people who keep saying that the story is not moving faster and they need more answers. It's a 10-week story, did you expect it to be over at issue 2? Sounds like when people complain about a TV series not letting them know the outcome of the season by episode 1. We all have the right not to like the story but the argument it's not moving faster enough sounds weak. If this was issue 9 then I would agree, but there is still a whole month and a week to go. When the story is over then tear it to shreds but at least let the story finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't know that I'd mind. I legit laughed at Kitty's expression when Nate decided "Yeah, sure, let's give it a whirl." XD
    I legit heard her screech in my head. It was solid gold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I'm curious, the people who keep saying that the story is not moving faster and they need more answers. It's a 10-week story, did you expect it to be over at issue 2? Sounds like when people complain about a TV series not letting them know the outcome of the season by episode 1. We all have the right not to like the story but the argument it's not moving faster enough sounds weak. If this was issue 9 then I would agree, but there is still a whole month and a week to go. When the story is over then tear it to shreds but at least let the story finish.
    It's a complaint about the execution because we've seen this dog & pony show before where the characters run around not knowing what's going on for most of the event...look at Extermination.

Most of us are probably comparing it to the awesome crossovers of the past where it was multiple issues because there were a lot of character moments and substance. This is just splash pages and very little substance to the point that dialogue is repeated within the issue itself.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's a complaint about the execution because we've seen this dog & pony show before where the characters run around not knowing what's going on for most of the event...look at Extermination.

Most of us are probably comparing it to the awesome crossovers of the past where it was multiple issues because there were a lot of character moments and substance. This is just splash pages and very little substance to the point that dialogue is repeated within the issue itself.
    I member do you member? I get it, I loved older stuff too but I have to least give this a chance before squashing it. I just think people got all excited for Uncanny and when they found out it wasn't the characters they liked or the story they had imagined they made up their mind right there regardless how this thing turns out. I'm not going to make my final decision on this story until its over but I will agree the writing is not up to past standards. The only high point I see yet is whoever has been writing Apocalypse's dialog. Yea he is caught again but the way he has been schooling Kitty has been awesome. Before anyone takes offense I don't have anything against Kitty. It could be Jean, Rogue, anyone else in those scenes and I would think the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I member do you member? I get it, I loved older stuff too but I have to least give this a chance before squashing it. I just think people got all excited for Uncanny and when they found out it wasn't the characters they liked or the story they had imagined they made up their mind right there regardless how this thing turns out. I'm not going to make my final decision on this story until its over but I will agree the writing is not up to past standards. The only high point I see yet is whoever has been writing Apocalypse's dialog. Yea he is caught again but the way he has been schooling Kitty has been awesome. Before anyone takes offense I don't have anything against Kitty. It could be Jean, Rogue, anyone else in those scenes and I would think the same thing.
    It about time someone talks back to Kitty and puts her in her place LOL

I really don't know what to expect because I thought we were getting another AOA, but there's Legion, dinosaurs, a thing with Beast and his lab, sexy Jesus, Kitty/Apoc/a senator together for some reason, and a crap ton of Xmen basically just running around totally unorganized. Plus the Four Horsemen with really vague powers.

A little bit of narrative boxes goes a long way.

For all the atrocities committed against the Palestinians, erasing Israel isn't "anti-Semetic" as it is just "humane." It's a country built off the labor and oppression of others, like the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nate: "I will preach my message to the people."
    Apoc: "Why don't you just obliterate all other religions while you're at it, child?"
    Nate: "hmmmmm why not?"
    Kitty: "...HUH?"

Spectacular Member

It about time someone talks back to Kitty and puts her in her place LOL

I really don't know what to expect because I thought we were getting another AOA, but there's Legion, dinosaurs, a thing with Beast and his lab, sexy Jesus, Kitty/Apoc/a senator together for some reason, and a crap ton of Xmen basically just running around totally unorganized. Plus the Four Horsemen with really vague powers.

A little bit of narrative boxes goes a long way.
    Yea, I keep feeling the Nate Grey Legion roles should be reverse. I also for have a feeling that Legion is the reason Nate is back to full power and acting this way so Legion could be the hero for once. The way Nate's eyes turned redish when talking to Apocalypse has me thinking that someone else is in control of his body.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    For all the atrocities committed against the Palestinians, erasing Israel isn't "anti-Semetic" as it is just "humane." It's a country built off the labor and oppression of others, like the United States.

Nate: "I will preach my message to the people."
    Apoc: "Why don't you just obliterate all other religions while you're at it, child?"
    Nate: "hmmmmm why not?"
    Kitty: "...HUH?"
    um... just because Israel has done bad things doesn't mean we should wipe an entire people off the map.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I'm thinking one of the evil personalities of Legion probably got into Nate, so Legion put all of his other personalities into Madrox and his dupes to defeat him.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    For all the atrocities committed against the Palestinians, erasing Israel isn't "anti-Semetic" as it is just "humane." It's a country built off the labor and oppression of others, like the United States
    If you're gonna erase countries for doing bad things, you'll have a pretty empty world.
    And focusing specifically on Israel while ignoring a ton of the rest of the world - That's the Anti-Semetic part - It's holding Jewish people to standards you don't apply to others.

Also, if you think the United States as your primary example of a country built on the labor and enslavement of others - you're frame of reference is fairly limited.
    Almost every country that existed during the middle ages was built on the idea that the vast majority of its people were little more then serfs - and THAT went on for centuries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    If you're gonna erase countries for doing bad things, you'll have a pretty empty world.
    And focusing specifically on Israel while ignoring a ton of the rest of the world - That's the Anti-Semetic part - It's holding Jewish people to standards you don't apply to others.

Also, if you think the United States as your primary example of a country built on the labor and enslavement of others - you're frame of reference is fairly limited.
    Almost every country that existed during the middle ages was built on the idea that the vast majority of its people were little more then serfs - and THAT went on for centuries.
    Israel only came up because of the other religious icons that were being taken away in the preview. I said Israel as a country because it's the land that's divisive. Nate is trying to erase what people see as holy, but marvel conveniently left that one out.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Israel only came up because of the other religious icons that were being taken away in the preview. I said Israel as a country because it's the land that's divisive. Nate is trying to erase what people see as holy, but marvel conveniently left that one out.
    Actually, I was responding to ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon's comment XD

And when you think about it, leaving Judism out makes sense.
    Despite how much you HEAR about it - its actually no where near a dominant world religion.
    It's practiced by less then 20 million people world wide - It's TINY.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Actually, I was responding to ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon's comment XD

And when you think about it, leaving Judism out makes sense.
    Despite how much you HEAR about it - its actually no where near a dominant world religion.
    It's practiced by less then 20 million people world wide - It's TINY.
    Politics aside, it would have an actual emotional impact (something this series is generally shying away from because it's more interested in money shots and setting up mysteries) since there's an actual Jew to react to the events.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

And who's to say that isn't the next page? Hell, might even be a splash page just for the extra effect on Kitty and Mags.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"