Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    And who's to say that isn't the next page? Hell, might even be a splash page just for the extra effect on Kitty and Mags.
    It's entirely possible especially since Rosenberg is also Jewish. But I don't think Mags will get a reaction.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Politics aside, it would have an actual emotional impact (something this series is generally shying away from because it's more interested in money shots and setting up mysteries) since there's an actual Jew to react to the events.
    Part of the problem is that, since most people don't actually recognize what the wailing wall looks like, the only realistic way would be to make it so that Nate erases Jerusalem as a whole.
    Jerusalem is home to nearly a million people.
    For reference people, Vatican city is "home" to around 1,000 people - most of whom are more like employees rather then residents.

It's gonna be kinda hard to push the whole "Nate's kinda nuts, but he's trying to help make the world a better place" if he also wipes out a city with nearly a million people in it.
    You always need to tread carefully with "Hero turned villain" stories because you risk having the villain do things that make it impossible to ever use them as a hero again...

BANNED

It doesn't seem like Nate knows what he's doing. The guns were taken away in a fight, but not the reason....erasing these places is going to lead to more violence. He's going to have to literally change the minds of the people to get what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Pretty sure the “let’s not piss off the religious people” ship sailed when Nate Christ showed up last issue.
    Nah, pissing christians is done often, it's safe.
    What's surprising is that they had the balls to erase Mecca, yes.
    What's less surprising is the usual kneejerk reaction everytime some people feel that religion is attacked: "but what about the Jews?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nah, pissing christians is done often, it's safe.
    What's surprising is that they had the balls to erase Mecca, yes.
    What's less surprising is the usual kneejerk reaction everytime some people feel that religion is attacked: "but what about the Jews?"
    Marvel made it a big deal when Gold came out. They could've quietly fired Syaf and not said anything, but made it a big thing to get publicity.

They didnt erase Mecca they erased the Ka'aba...which still takes balls considering Charlie Hebdo artists were shot for depicting Mohammad. It's tackless and reckless.

BANNED

Marvel did not make a big deal out of Syaf's firing. They released a very short apology and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    You always need to tread carefully with "Hero turned villain" stories because you risk having the villain do things that make it impossible to ever use them as a hero again...
    Well, it's X-Man. So we might as well go all in. Also, Bishop.

When will Jesus Grey go after Scientology so we can have Tom Cruise revealed as yet another OMEGUH LEVUHL MOOTAINT and let Rosenberg write The Dark Xenu Saga?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If you're gonna erase countries for doing bad things, you'll have a pretty empty world.
    And focusing specifically on Israel while ignoring a ton of the rest of the world - That's the Anti-Semetic part - It's holding Jewish people to standards you don't apply to others.

Also, if you think the United States as your primary example of a country built on the labor and enslavement of others - you're frame of reference is fairly limited.
    Almost every country that existed during the middle ages was built on the idea that the vast majority of its people were little more then serfs - and THAT went on for centuries.
    Word. Humans were pretty barbaric before we were born.

Say goodbye to North Korea, China, France, UK, everywhere else, etc.

lol

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I'm curious, the people who keep saying that the story is not moving faster and they need more answers. It's a 10-week story, did you expect it to be over at issue 2? Sounds like when people complain about a TV series not letting them know the outcome of the season by episode 1. We all have the right not to like the story but the argument it's not moving faster enough sounds weak. If this was issue 9 then I would agree, but there is still a whole month and a week to go. When the story is over then tear it to shreds but at least let the story finish.
    Love this comment. Spot on!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I'm curious, the people who keep saying that the story is not moving faster and they need more answers. It's a 10-week story, did you expect it to be over at issue 2? Sounds like when people complain about a TV series not letting them know the outcome of the season by episode 1. We all have the right not to like the story but the argument it's not moving faster enough sounds weak. If this was issue 9 then I would agree, but there is still a whole month and a week to go. When the story is over then tear it to shreds but at least let the story finish.
    Its not that I dissagree but I find Uncanny really boring up until now...

Astonishing Member

I like Uncanny, my only complain is too many uninteresting fighting scenes against crowds and rather few lines. X-23 has become "stabby girl". Too many characters, too little character development.

I did like the conversation of Apocalypse and Nate in this preview.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I like Uncanny, my only complain is too many uninteresting fighting scenes against crowds and rather few lines. X-23 has become "stabby girl". Too many characters, too little character development.

I did like the conversation of Apocalypse and Nate in this preview.
    I have to agree. Apocalypse speech was the most interesting part of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    um... just because Israel has done bad things doesn't mean we should wipe an entire people off the map.
    I'm most definitely, 100% not saying KILL everyone on it. Just that Nate would be wiping away Israel's government, world power, etc etc. Just like I'm pretty sure he isn't killing anyone in this preview.

If you're gonna erase countries for doing bad things, you'll have a pretty empty world.
    And focusing specifically on Israel while ignoring a ton of the rest of the world - That's the Anti-Semetic part - It's holding Jewish people to standards you don't apply to others.

Also, if you think the United States as your primary example of a country built on the labor and enslavement of others - you're frame of reference is fairly limited.
    Almost every country that existed during the middle ages was built on the idea that the vast majority of its people were little more then serfs - and THAT went on for centuries.
    This comment's making far too many assumptions to be holding my point in contempt of anything. Like I explained in the comment above, I'm not saying to kill anyone, just that destroying that country's reach and influence can very much help with decolonization. And I'm not holding Jewish people on the fact that they are Jewish, just that it shouldn't come at the cost of an entire people's homes and lives been destroyed and colonized. Same way with another example I'm about to use with the United States. Arguing for the same predicament to happen with the United States, wiping away with the power of the US government, military, and other facilities isn't to go against Christian basises that the country was founded on, but acknowledge that a country founded on the systemic oppression that still continues to happen is not a country worth having. Either systematically change it, or I guess with X-Jesus' power, wipe it off the map. And I also don't understand why bringing up the United States is such a crazyyyyy thing. For someone that lives in it and faces that oppression head-on, my frame of reference is probably exactly where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Word. Humans were pretty barbaric before we were born.

Say goodbye to North Korea, China, France, UK, everywhere else, etc.

lol
    Except those same barbaric tactics are still happening in the present.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/06/04/...upation-abuses

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They didnt erase Mecca they erased the Ka'aba...which still takes balls considering Charlie Hebdo artists were shot for depicting Mohammad. It's tackless and reckless.
    Some X-Fans here keep saying they want daring and new. Here ya go! Are you not entertained?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It doesn't seem like Nate knows what he's doing. The guns were taken away in a fight, but not the reason....erasing these places is going to lead to more violence. He's going to have to literally change the minds of the people to get what he wants.
    Are we legit sure that he only destroyed/erased the buildings themselves or could that have been a visual representation of him wiping all religion from history itself?

If so that would be a much bigger deal. For instance if no followers of the Jewish faith ever existed that would mean the nation of Isreal would have had no reason to have been created in the first place.

What would WW2 have looked like or would it have even have happened at all ect? What would the Middle East look like in this scenario?

Religion has always shaped the world much as technology does today. You'd end up with a very different world and people with very different ideals.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 12-07-2018 at 04:56 PM.