Page 432 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 3323824224284294304314324334344354364424825329321432 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 33258
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

No it doesn't.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IfThisBemyDestiny View Post
    I think having the Danger Room over at Weapon X and training his students ready to fight the Avengers, indicates Scott thinks of them as enemies.
    That doesn't indicate them as enemies at all.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

I think having the Danger Room over at Weapon X and training his students ready to fight the Avengers, indicates Scott thinks of them as enemies.
    The Avengers and SHIELD keep showing up and attacking the NXS staff and students. It makes perfect sense to train to fight the Avengers or to use their forms for training exercises.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Exactly. Potential enemies rather than actual ones. But I think Scott may very well consider the people who give orders to the Avenger to be enemies.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Exactly. Potential enemies rather than actual ones. But I think Scott may very well consider the people who give orders to the Avenger to be enemies.
    The Avengers are still the ones actually carrying out those orders. The whole 'I was just following orders' line can't justify soldiers committing obviously wrong acts like attacking teenagers.

On a related note... To what extent do the Avengers answer to/work with SHIELD?
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I saw that as being very prepared. The way Batman prepares for any and all contingencies.

BANNED

But Alex was not psychically connected to Phoenix!Clops when he No More Avengered and all Alex would have seen in actual canonical reality is Cyke going on YouTube to tell everyone that even the Avengers won't fight for them or let them fight for themselves and that despite that the Avengers are heroes and good people. Unless Alex has developed nifty psychic powers he would have no way of knowing that the Avengers are some of the scary things Cyke has programmed into the NXS Danger Room so the students can prepare for the next time the Avengers try to arrest them. Admittedly, Uncanny Avengers directly contradicted what happened in AvX giving us that total WTF? scene between Alex and Cyke in which nothing Alex said made any sense and neither did any of Cyke's responses, so one shouldn't expect continuity with other comics to be a strong point, but one would think that if RR is going to use Cyke in this crossover that he might cast a quick eye over what's been happening in the book Cyke is in so there aren't too many glaring inconsistencies. Yet, there have already been so many that he is really going to have to pull something amazing out of his hat in the next few issues to get me to even consider buying the trade paperback and I'll usually buy anything where Cyke has a major role to play.

I have no problem with writers not using my favorites in their books - hell, I have ended up loving books that were filled with characters I was lukewarm about before I started reading them, like Pak with Dazzler and Spurrier with Legion - but when it's this obvious that a writer actually has no interest in a character - certainly not enough to read the (ONE!) book he's regularly appearing in - it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Cyke is in AXIS to pom-pom for Alex and be whatever RR needs his version of Scott Summers to be to tell the story about Alex he wants to tell, and to me that's just yet another reminder that Marvel editorial once again seem to be asleep at their posts.

If RR wants Alex to interact with a version of Cyke who canonically accepts no responsibility for killing Xavier, hasn't already come together to fight alongside people who have mercilessly bullied and rejected him - for the greater good and to save their whiny asses - several times already before this point, and who is at daggers drawn with the Avengers instead of making more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger speeches where he regrets that they won't let mutants fight for themselves before defending them at a pro-mutant rally in his honor despite them being consistently bullying asshats towards him, then bus in an AU Cyke from the Even!More!Ultimate!Verse and have Alex hang out with him for this story. But editorial should not be giving RR carte blanche to just make up a random backstory and characterization for a major character who is appearing in a major book of his own, or have told him that it's a Make Up Your Own Canon Palooza Party Wednesday for as long as he's writing AXIS, because even if Marvel editorial apparently aren't reading Uncanny X-Men some of the rest of us are.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    On a related note... To what extent do the Avengers answer to/work with SHIELD?
    Right now, they just work alongside and only the secret avengers work for them, in "8 months later" the Avengers are their lapdogs and they are chasing the New Avengers

I absolutely LOVE the pulsed, strafing optic blasts!
    [from Uncanny #394]
    cyclops UncannyX-Men-394-p18x.jpg

OK, last part. I hope.

"Miss Frost says that Ilyana was able to complete the exorcism in Westchester. Seems everything is going to get back to whatever passes for normal around here soon enough." Scott Summers was hoping that the prospect of not being possessed would somehow assuage Jean's anger. He soon realized he was hoping in vain.

"Does 'back to normal' involve some pink haired girl running around in your jacket and nothing else?" Jean was seething.

"I already told you. That life model decoy we found didn't look anything like Megan. We needed her uniform to sell the illusion that it was really her. Besides, I'm sure she has something on under the jacket." Scott had tried saying this before. Like before, Jean wasn't hearing it.

"Why can't she put her uniform back on then!"

"Because Laura didn't leave enough of it intact! If it bothers you that much why don't you loan her a skirt or some pants or something? We asked the Stepfords but Celeste just said something about wanting to watch what came next and shut the door."

"And what was this life model decoy wearing when you found it Scott!"

"Trust me, you don't want to know." Scott was still disturbed by the old Shield depot they had found. It looked like some kind of torture facility, except for the life model decoy they had found wearing less than Megan was wearing now. Whatever it had been, it certainly didn't look comfortable. Which was somehow much less disturbing than the thing constantly calling Megan 'Mistress Hill' and asking if he was the new toy. Best not to dwell on it.

By the look on Jean's face he was certain Jean had been reading his mind again. Served her right, he decided.

"Hey! I just got the all clear back from the JGS! Looks like I'll be headed back shortly." Megan had intruded at either the perfect time or the worst time. Scott was grateful for the reprieve. Like normal, she was beaming a near ear-to-ear smile. He thought it was somewhat infectious, like it was difficult not to be in a good mood around her.

"Oh, goody. Come back again when you can't stay so long." Jean was certainly not happy.

"Don't mind her, Megan. Anyways, thanks for the help. And it was, uh, really nice meeting you." Scott kept thinking he wanted to say something else but couldn't quite get it out.

"You know Summers, as first dates go you picked a pretty bad one. Running for my life and babysitting a bunch of hallucinating people isn't what most people think of as a good time." Yep, Megan was teasing him again.

"First.....date....!?" Jean managed to sputter out after choking on her drink.

"You OK Jean?" Scott was answered with a glare. "I wouldn't exactly call dealing with this a date, Megan. A date is something more like dinner and a movie, or stargazing, or something like that." It took only a brief moment to realize he had been maneuvered into saying something just like that.

Megan threw her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. "Sounds great! How about the day after tomorrow, around noon? Come on Scott, it'll be fun! I can take us to Wales and show you where I grew up, and then we can sit on one of the hills and you can point out all the stars you have been to."

"Sure. Sounds great." It was her smile that did it, he decided. It was just too hard to stay upset around her.

"Tidy!" Pixie vanished in a flash of light. Scott was still a bit dumbfounded by everything. He turned his head and realized Jean seemed to be turning purple. But why was Celeste laughing?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, Iron Man had sentinels made of adamantium ready to use; so is not like Scott was wrong.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    But Alex was not psychically connected to Phoenix!Clops when he No More Avengered and all Alex would have seen in actual canonical reality is Cyke going on YouTube to tell everyone that even the Avengers won't fight for them or let them fight for themselves and that despite that the Avengers are heroes and good people. Unless Alex has developed nifty psychic powers he would have no way of knowing that the Avengers are some of the scary things Cyke has programmed into the NXS Danger Room so the students can prepare for the next time the Avengers try to arrest them. Admittedly, Uncanny Avengers directly contradicted what happened in AvX giving us that total WTF? scene between Alex and Cyke in which nothing Alex said made any sense and neither did any of Cyke's responses, so one shouldn't expect continuity with other comics to be a strong point, but one would think that if RR is going to use Cyke in this crossover that he might cast a quick eye over what's been happening in the book Cyke is in so there aren't too many glaring inconsistencies. Yet, there have already been so many that he is really going to have to pull something amazing out of his hat in the next few issues to get me to even consider buying the trade paperback and I'll usually buy anything where Cyke has a major role to play.

I have no problem with writers not using my favorites in their books - hell, I have ended up loving books that were filled with characters I was lukewarm about before I started reading them, like Pak with Dazzler and Spurrier with Legion - but when it's this obvious that a writer actually has no interest in a character - certainly not enough to read the (ONE!) book he's regularly appearing in - it's hard not to come to the conclusion that Cyke is in AXIS to pom-pom for Alex and be whatever RR needs his version of Scott Summers to be to tell the story about Alex he wants to tell, and to me that's just yet another reminder that Marvel editorial once again seem to be asleep at their posts.

If RR wants Alex to interact with a version of Cyke who canonically accepts no responsibility for killing Xavier, hasn't already come together to fight alongside people who have mercilessly bullied and rejected him - for the greater good and to save their whiny asses - several times already before this point, and who is at daggers drawn with the Avengers instead of making more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger speeches where he regrets that they won't let mutants fight for themselves before defending them at a pro-mutant rally in his honor despite them being consistently bullying asshats towards him, then bus in an AU Cyke from the Even!More!Ultimate!Verse and have Alex hang out with him for this story. But editorial should not be giving RR carte blanche to just make up a random backstory and characterization for a major character who is appearing in a major book of his own, or have told him that it's a Make Up Your Own Canon Palooza Party Wednesday for as long as he's writing AXIS, because even if Marvel editorial apparently aren't reading Uncanny X-Men some of the rest of us are.
    Does Scott even have sworn enemies? Someone he'd want to mess up on principal? Even Sinister he's happy to ignore until Essex doesn't let him.

Well, Tyke 6 escalated quickly. Corsair punching Tyke, lol.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well, Tyke 6 escalated quickly. Corsair punching Tyke, lol.
    I'm quite sure that he is just faking it so that Scott can infiltrate the enemy or something like that, Rucka already said that he is using his relationship with his son to write Corsair and Cyclops and I'm quite sure that he wouldn't punch his son like that

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I'm quite sure that he is just faking it so that Scott can infiltrate the enemy or something like that, Rucka already said that he is using his relationship with his son to write Corsair and Cyclops and I'm quite sure that he wouldn't punch his son like that
    Same thing I'm thinking. If they don't seem to be getting along, then Scott might not be in the cell along with Dad.
    Dark does not mean deep.