Page 10 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Its funny how that works, they don't want him around, but now they are clueless idiots. He was made leader for a reason....

I get Xavier died, but it has gotten tedious having to reading the conversations they have with him. You killed Xavier. Murderer. You killed Xavier, the only one that mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    If it's any consolation, Wolverine's X-Men don't really know what to do with themselves now that Cyke isn't around. It's kinda cute.
    lol why is that ?I thought the JGS was doing a decent job teaching those kids, making them great potential Avengers for the future etc., while realising Xavier's dream and all that suff...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Its funny how that works, they don't want him around, but now they are clueless idiots. He was made leader for a reason....
    That's the thing with mavericks. They don't look too good when there's no stern authority figure to play off against.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    lol why is that ?I thought the JGS was doing a decent job teaching those kids, making them great potential Avengers for the future etc., while realising Xavier's dream and all that suff...
    Annoying Cyclops and throwing hissy fits because the man was right has always been a favored hobby amongst X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That's the thing with mavericks. They don't look too good when there's no stern authority figure to play off against.
    It's kind of a sad state of affairs if the guy the JGS considers the biggest maverick and loose cannon is actually the best authority figure out there.

Who saved their ass during Bota, twice if I remember correctly. Then everytime Cyke shows up to the JGS its a shouting fest with no action. I'm surprised more students haven't left to join Cyke. At least he does something.
    Last edited by OpticDreams; 05-01-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not enough love for pistol-wielding Cyclops imO!

That was so totally badass and yet creepy at the same time^^
    Yeah, i was hoping that with his powers broken we might get to see a lil bit of gunplay so marvel u can know who the best marksman really is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    My impression of WaTXM is that people liked the JGS kids for the most part but the book suffered from not having an overreaching story arc that people enjoyed and having a very long story arc that they disliked. (Hellfire Brats - ugh! Kill it! Kill it with fire!) So it lost some momentum and ended up sometimes being too much the NotClops book instead of the GoSchool book. Reading Vol. 2 it feels like it has more direction to me and some interesting stuff going on but it feels like the books that have Wolvie as a cast member are getting a little screwed with him being taken off the board. It must be tough writing a book called 'Wolverine and the X-Men' and being told that 'oh by the way, Wolvie dies three months down the line, so just plot that in, will you...?'

There have been a lot of creator shifts and artist shifts and cast changes going on in a lot of the books the past few months. Too soon to say if it's going to damage the books its involved but it would be good to have some cohesion so readers can settle in and know that stories, writers, and artists are going to get to see each project through and that none of the cast are going to be sent to Mandyville.

Maybe with Original Sin coming along, everything on the Gold Side has to be left treading water because the revelations from The Last Will and Testament are going to send the main characters on a quest or something so they need to be free of plot entanglements to be available for it? It is supposed to be the tie up loose ends crossover event where all old secrets get exposed and disseminated - like Dark X-Men The Confession, but across the board.

It could be a good way to fix hanging plot threads that didn't get resolved but don't warrant a whole story or a launchpad for new stories. Or it could just be that thing we never talk about in five years time because we're all still too mentally scarred and are still drinking to forget. Apart from the Last Will and Testament of Xavier possible opening of horrible new wounds it would be good the get the Jean Scemma 'push' out in the open too. That could possibly be a way to give Emma a new story arc too. She always had all those doubts about thinking she was good enough for Cyke - maybe even as it undermined her faith in his love for her it might be a bolstering revelation to learn that the Sainted Martyr Jean Grey - as poor Emma probably thinks of her - thought she was the only person good enough to take Cyke on and that her presence in his life would be the difference between a good future and the apocalypse. It would be good for Emma to be able to get away from her Jean baggage. Though, realistically, I guess that will be explored through her helping Jeen with her telepathy.

Is Jeen going to be able to fix Emma's screwed up powers? And why am I asking this on a Cyclops thread anyway?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Who saved their ass during Bota, twice if I remember correctly. Then everytime Cyke shows up to the JGS its a shouting fest with no action. I'm surprised more students haven't left to join Cyke. At least he does something.
    Quire did wear a Cyclops Was Right t-shirt, didn't he? Like he wore a Magneto Was Right one to irk Xavier when he took over the school back in New XM. But, yeah, it's true, you'd think all those mutant kids that would have had Che Guevara posters on their walls in the past would be all:

Uncanny x-men 25 Cover

BANNED

Cyclops has so much potential with a ongoing series, let Storm lead the X-men for a while.

He needs a break after everything hes been through, the guy should be thinking like "screw you mutant race now" and how can you blame him for thinking like that?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Uncanny x-men 25 Cover
    Oh that cover is awesome, though a part of me would have wanted a close up of Cyke's face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    I agree Cyclops has no business getting physically as big as Captain America but I'm one of the guilty people who don't mind seeing him standing next to Steve and look like his equal in every way.
    I don't want him to look weedy - hated the way he was drawn in AvX: Consequences although I loved the writing. I was all: sooo losing the PF also turned him into a 5'8" little skinny guy why exactly when he was six two and had the body of an Olympic gymnast before...?

I think I just really dig Cyke's feline qualities, so when Wolvie or Cap are bristling at him in their big beefy canine way, I like the fact he's just quietly twitching his invisible tail and strategizing how to put them on their asses without breaking a sweat.

The writers need more than good story arcs to get rid of his image of the X-FACTOR era (which sounds dreadful if you ask me) and the ass-kicking pictures of him help them achieve that goal faster.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love X-Factor. I have crazy love for it and for swoonyass Scott Summers. The plot is that the O5 reform - because Magneto's running the School and they don't trust him - and pretend to be mutant hunters but are actually mutant saviours, so it's got a great team vibe and some really good stories. Cyke's basically one long nervous breakdown throughout most of the first arc, but the great thing about it is that the guy who can't coordinate telling Jean he's married or doing something decisive about his crashed and burned marriage can strategize on missions like Napoleon Bonaparte. He's very sympathetic in it, he's just a complete emotional wreck - even more than he usually is. And he practically gives everyone around him a nervous breakdown as well. And they're being manipulated and mind screwed by an evil guy, but I loved a ton of it. Loved Ship and the kids they rescued, and the family vibe. They're very loving towards one another and really touchy-feely which I love. Gimme all of that in all the books and I'm happy.

Yes, this was the only way that Hank could hold Cyke safely.

There's a great story where Cyke goes back to Alaska to try to find Maddie and the cop whose come to arrest him ends up petting him sympathetically because he keeps risking his life for others even when they're trying to arrest him and he's just so goshdarned noble.

I mean - let's just say there's a good reason why people who hate Scott Summers hate, hate, hate that version of X-Factor. He's a heroic ball of very pretty manpain throughout. Just on no account start a drinking game while reading X-Factor where you have to take a shot every time Cyke says 'This is all my fault!' or you will end up without a liver.

Hank's great in it too, he has some good development, as does Warren, inevitably, because it's where Apocalypse happened to Warren and turned him into Archangel. (Still think if he'd just put out for his school chum that whole mess could have been averted.)

I also like the fact that there was a sustained arc in an important era of X-Men that was written by a woman with a slightly different perspective from the male one that had been driving it - very well - up until then. It definitely gave it some new beats I'm not sure a male writer would have given it. I think Louise Simonson's work was important and added a lot to the whole mythos. I'd go further actually and say the fact the X-Men have had so many Brits and women writing the x-book is one of the things that's given it a less conventionally stuffy, post-Puritan stereotypically outlook. It's never wrapped itself in any flag because it's embraced being a series of stories about marginalized outsiders who still want to work for the good of everyone, even the people who wouldn't let a room to them or want their daughter to date them.

I have to say you've described Cyclops character very well. It's always a great read for someone like me who only like the character bases on what I've read post Whedon's run. A lot of what I've read from your post makes me understand where the haters are coming from as well.
    I think the Animated Series didn't help. It has very strong stories because it has mostly Claremont's stories, but it inevitably ditches the nuances and restricts the cast, but it was a lot of people's intro to the X-Men and TAS Cyclops basically runs around being dully stalwart throughout and yelling 'Jean' at regular intervals while Wolvie is a ball of rebellious wangsty manpain over his dead friend (who isn't in the comics because Claremont has way too much class to come up with a character like Morph). Jean's a lot less kickass than in the comics too. It's weird how other mediums so often have a problem with powerful women whereas comics embrace them.

Ass and abs...
    You're right. The abs are also an essential. {smiley} Because if I put a smiley symbol in then I've exceeded my pic limit for the post even though I already deleted one of the three to comply with its demands.
    Last edited by DakenGirl; 05-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.

I couldn't handle reading about him thinking he lost a child again. To much feels. Just give me Cyke punching the crap out of Havok and I'll be content.

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

cyclops is awesome
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    My impression of WaTXM is that people liked the JGS kids for the most part but the book suffered from not having an overreaching story arc that people enjoyed and having a very long story arc that they disliked. (Hellfire Brats - ugh! Kill it! Kill it with fire!) So it lost some momentum and ended up sometimes being too much the NotClops book instead of the GoSchool book. Reading Vol. 2 it feels like it has more direction to me and some interesting stuff going on but it feels like the books that have Wolvie as a cast member are getting a little screwed with him being taken off the board. It must be tough writing a book called 'Wolverine and the X-Men' and being told that 'oh by the way, Wolvie dies three months down the line, so just plot that in, will you...?'?
    It's Jason Aaron in the end. Him and BMB share that aspect of starting strong and just tanking as their work progresses.