Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Considering that Morrison had to contrive all the reason's they "drifted apart" in the first place, I'm fine with this. Based on what we've seen in PR 5, Jean won't want Scott to leave her alone.

I could see Scott trying it though and Jean having to track him down his give him a dressing down for making the decision for her.
    That is exactly the kind of thing Jean would do, makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If adult Cyclops will be gone as long as how long Jean was gone, i think it's ok for as long as he comes back as the new Phoenix.
    I would love for Scott to come back as the Phoenix that would have so many possibilities and it would be a great event
    The Summers-Gray family should be called the phoenix family, Jean, Scott, Rachel and Hope have been guests of the phoenix, if Scott and Jean had a son this would also be a guest of the phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think he is the reason she died, as Jean died many times. He is the reason she took 14 years to ressurrect. Quesada was asked about bringing her back while he was still EiC, he just said Emma/Cyke was pretty good and he didn't saw any reason to bring back Jean because of that. The question didn't even mentioned Cyclops
    That's stupid if Jean comes back she would not necessarily have to go back to Scott and if it's true that if Jean had come back that would almost certainly mean the break of Scott and Emma but they could have done it in a way that did not affect Scemma, for example Jean come back, Scott is with Emma and therefore Jean and Scott avoid each other and even Jean could have started a relationship with someone, they could have done this until they got bored with Scemma and decided to bring Scott and Jean back together
    As I said before Jean is her own character not just Scott's main love interest, she could have been doing many things without Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post

I love the idea of the Phoenix being obsessed with Scott, maybe even loving him and that's why she continues to help or go to Jean. I always had this idea, kind of my head canon, that the reason the Phoenix go the Jean in the first place was because Jean asked to protect Scott and when the Phoenix felt the love Jean had for Scott she went for her. *.*
    That image is great.
    I think it's possible that the phoenix loves Scott in a certain way, but his love for Scott is mostly by Jean.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 02-04-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    That's stupid if Jean comes back she would not necessarily have to go back to Scott and if it's true that if Jean had come back that would almost certainly mean the break of Scott and Emma but they could have done it in a way that did not affect Scemma, for example Jean come back, Scott is with Emma and therefore Jean and Scott avoid each other and even Jean could have started a relationship with someone, they could have done this until they got bored with Scemma and decided to bring Scott and Jean back together
    As I said before Jean is her own character not just Scott's main love interest, she could have been doing many things without Scott.
    She could but why would she want to? Last time she came back Scott was *married* and that didn't stop her. You think Emma would have? Jean wants what she wants and it's been shown many times and over many years of continuity that Scott is what she wants. She could want something else yes, but it would be a reversal of her established character. Even when everyone was telling her Scott was dead post The Twelve she wouldn't let him go. As long either of them are in play, they're the main attraction for each other. I think that's been established very clearly at this point. Scott needed a PF powered reprogramming to consider a relationship with Emma after Jean died.

So I can certainly understand why Marvel thought that if Scemma was to seem believable Jean had to be dead. The reverse will be true now that Scott's gone.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

The PF only cared for Scott because Jean did. This was explained in pretty clearly in Endsong.

I personally don't buy the theory that the PF has any motives Jean doesn't.
    Which is why I said I loved the *idea* of it. We've seen that the Phoenix was obsessed with Scott, and maybe it was because of Jean, maybe not, even in Endsong it's not made clear since the first few issues imply something, and the last few issues imply something else. The *idea* is interesting to me. There's certainty enough of a connection between the Phoenix and Scott that it makes for an intriguing thought. After all, AvX was not the first time the Phoenix used Scott as a host.

There's some weird stuff that has gone on with the Phoenix and retconned so many times, but what intrigues me is that, the first few times Hope manifested the Phoenix before it was anywhere near earth, Scott was physically there.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I think it's possible that the phoenix loves Scott in a certain way, but his love for Scott is mostly by Jean.
    Maybe, maybe not. But Endsong opened up a lot of possibilities for it. A lot of what was said can be interpreted in different ways. Now here's an idea, if Phoenix took a piece of Jean, made a clone and that clone loved Scott, and Phoenix learned emotions for the first time when she did that, then why couldn't she had retained one of the strongest emotions that part of Jean had then, and every time afterwards? Food for thought.

I've got some ideas percolating in my head that I might start to put into ficlet form over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've got some ideas percolating in my head that I might start to put into ficlet form over the next few months.
    Please let us know, I would love to read them!!

In Endsong, the Phoenix made it pretty clear that it came back for Scott because the subconscious of Jean wanted to see him again tho.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    In Endsong, the Phoenix made it pretty clear that it came back for Scott because the subconscious of Jean wanted to see him again tho.
    Fortunately Phoenix resurrection contradicted many things about endsong. like the relationship between jean and the phoenix and scott loving emma over jean.
    hopeful it is forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Fortunately Phoenix resurrection contradicted many things about endsong. like the relationship between jean and the phoenix and scott loving emma over jean.
    hopeful it is forgotten
    Yeah let's hope haha

Found this for the X-Men: Dark Phoenix Movie

Found some more but I don't know if people might consider it spoilers for the movie. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    hopeful it is forgotten
    I don't refer to it as the Retcon Force for nothing. It seems like it gets one every single time it shows up.

I could see Scott trying it though and Jean having to track him down his give him a dressing down for making the decision for her.
    This plot point has always struck me as odd whenever it pops in various stories (not specifically Scott and Jean). Does it not take two people mutually deciding to enter a relationship for there to be one? Regardless of how stupid the dude's reasoning (and it does seem to usually be the dude) is whenever they pull this it's still a choice he's allowed to make, not necessarily a choice he's taking from her. Not that it's not worth trying to convince the guy that his reasoning is stupid, it's just that it's strange that it's usually portrayed as him taking away her decision. Not really addressing this to you and it's off topic I know, just a mini rant since I'm always annoyed at how simply this plot point is played when it comes up. There should at least be some nuance to the conversation.

Bringing it back to Scott though, it definitely wouldn't be surprising to see this play out if/when he comes back. Not only will he have all the normal bs reasons but he'd also have a) the way the mutant community views him and b) the affair with Emma hanging over his head. He's be worried that by associating with him she'd taint the way the mutant community views her, and if she's again a well respected figure that could be an issue. And then obviously he'd feel unworthy after the Emma situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Found some more but I don't know if people might consider it spoilers for the movie. Any ideas?
    The spoilers they already gave us about the movie said that Scott is going to go above and beyond to defend Jean, the quotes are:
    "The one mutant who never wavers from Team Jean is Scott (Tye Sheridan), a.k.a. Cyclops."
    "that relationship, his being willing to kill or die for her, is a huge part of the emotional core of the movie. It also makes Scott start to have to become a leader."
    The mention of "team Jean" alongside the picture of her apparently breaking down, and of course, the already established Phoenix in previous films makes me think that Jean is going to have serious problems with the Phoenix, with the two personalities colliding (or if by a mirecle they decide to make the Phoenix an entity like in the comics with the Phoenix itself) and that not all the team is going to side with Jean, kinda like in the original Phoenix saga with Scott trying to reach out to Jean when she went Dark Phoenix and Xavier attacking her

The thing that, if done well, will be amazing is having the last Fox X-men movie/s focusing on Scott/Jean and having Scott as the leader, that should influence what people will expect after the merge, and what happens in the movies influences a lot what happens in the comics, several characters were changed in the comics after the original movies. And having Scott as one of the two main characters in the movies and dead in the comics wouldn't make much sense, Marvel loves movies synergy

Im not even counting on the movies to get the Dark Phoenix Saga right. The current comics can't even get it right. Everything has been misinterpreted, and the Phoenix Force's purpose has been retconned too much. It's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    This plot point has always struck me as odd whenever it pops in various stories (not specifically Scott and Jean). Does it not take two people mutually deciding to enter a relationship for there to be one? Regardless of how stupid the dude's reasoning (and it does seem to usually be the dude) is whenever they pull this it's still a choice he's allowed to make, not necessarily a choice he's taking from her. Not that it's not worth trying to convince the guy that his reasoning is stupid, it's just that it's strange that it's usually portrayed as him taking away her decision. Not really addressing this to you and it's off topic I know, just a mini rant since I'm always annoyed at how simply this plot point is played when it comes up. There should at least be some nuance to the conversation.

Bringing it back to Scott though, it definitely wouldn't be surprising to see this play out if/when he comes back. Not only will he have all the normal bs reasons but he'd also have a) the way the mutant community views him and b) the affair with Emma hanging over his head. He's be worried that by associating with him she'd taint the way the mutant community views her, and if she's again a well respected figure that could be an issue. And then obviously he'd feel unworthy after the Emma situation.
    I didn't mean I agreed with it, only that I see Jean doing it. I think you make a very good point. It would come down to whether or not Scott would be leaving Jean alone because he wants to or he thinks she wants him to. Of course being a whizzbang telepath Jean would be able to tell the difference. Regardless if Jean caught wind of Scott being brought back and he didn't seek her out, she would seek him out. She wouldn't just leave it alone whether Scott has a right to make that decision or not. Again this is consistent with her characterization over the years.

I actually think Jean's association with Scott could be the reason the mutant community opens their eyes and recognizes what Scott has done for them. As much of a great partner as Emma was capable of being, she was never going to help Scott build that bridge but Jean can. Let the healing begin.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 02-04-2018 at 09:30 PM.