Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think you are being paranoic. Taylor answered a letter of someone who was clearly trying to bash cyclops and jott but in his answer he included Logan even though nobody mentioned him. He just said that this is Jean time to shine, she has the focus and he isn't going to focus on cyclops AND wolverine, because he thinks Jean has been defined by them.
    he didn't hate on cyclops. in fact i'm more worried he mentioned wolverine for no reason.
    This proves that he hasn't read the comics. When was Jean defined by Scott? It has been way more the other way around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kwentiel View Post
    These guys are idiots. Simply.
    Cyclops mutant revolution was a re affirmation of Xavier ideals for mutants to stay together and try their best to live at peace with humans... I'm glad Bendis ended his run like that because it ultimately confirms that Cyclops as a hero desires peace and harmony among races, not a hostile take over nor a war. And I'm glad there's no revolution at all, just a call for peace among races, that's cyclops greatest success, not the fact that he dropped his revolution, but that after everything mutantkind went through he still desired for both races to live together and his decision to keep fighting for that ideal
    Last edited by wano; 04-12-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    As has been mentioned already, Skids didn't actually die (the fake out barely lasted like a month), and Leech never lost his powers. I'm guessing he got mixed up with Artie at some point, Artie lost his powers on M-Day, but Leech kept his. It was said Taki/Wiz Kid was depowered initially, but that was undone and explained as Taki hacking SHIELD and other databases to make the authorities think he was. Everyone but Artie has their powers, with Rictor's having been restored by the Scarlet Witch.

Presently, the only member of the X-Terminators/X-Factor's wards that isn't around is Rusty
    Oh, true! was Artie not Leech hahaha, although most of them are well I still feel sorry for Rusty, and Artie to lose their powers, the X-factor children are the few secondary characters that I have come to really appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Cyclops mutant revolution was a re affirmation of Xavier ideals for mutants to stay together and try their best to live at peace with humans... I'm glad Bendis ended his run like that because it ultimately confirms that Cyclops as a hero desires peace and harmony among races, not a hostile take over nor a war. And I'm glad there's no revolution at all, just a call for peace among races, that's cyclops greatest success, not the fact that he dropped his revolution, but that after everything mutantkind went through he still desired for both races to live together and his decision to keep fighting for that ideal
    I always wondered why all Cyke haters misinterpret the ‘revolution’. I think it was made clear in comics multiple times that it was not like an offensive revolution but a stand to “change” human perception of mutants. Evn during the start of the ‘revolution’, he and his team were protecting both hunans and mitants.

Wow!!!

The shade at Cyclops from Tom Taylor is unwarranted.

Clearly a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Someone needs to explain to me what being defined by someone else is in a comic book context. Sometimes I hear that Scott is supposedly defined by Jean, other times it's the opposite. I still don't know what it's actually supposed to mean and I suspect no one else does either. If I ask ten people I'll get twelve different answers. It just feels like one of those "in" things to say that people hear and want to repeat.

The word "defined" means to describe the nature or meaning of something. I have no idea how you describe the nature of Jean by describing Scott or vice-versa. Their fundamental natures are completely different, as is what defined their time as heroes and as people. This simply doesn't hold up to any real scrutiny.
    Agreed,if Scott was 'just' defined by Jean she wouldn't have had much difficult time convincing Scott to let go of the X-men. Sometimes it feels like people read Cyclops' history through a wiki article or something.THE difference between Scott, then & now was that he stopped blindly following Xavier and took the matter into his own hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 04-12-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Wow!!!

The shade at Cyclops from Tom Taylor is unwarranted.

Clearly a hater.
    And I was actually excited about the red annual.

These guys are idiots. Simply.
    Okay, let's not call people idiots for feeling a particular way about something. CuteClops, as we know is a very passionate and vocal fan and he took issue (as other Cyclops fans did) with the way Taylor threw some shade at Cyclops. It doesn't make him or anyone else anything other than highly annoyed. Lately Scott has been the Marvel/X-Men punching bag so he has every right to be upset when an employee of the company says what they said in a less than professional way.

This proves that he hasn't read the comics. When was Jean defined by Scott? It has been way more the other way around.
    Actually, Jean has been defined largely by the love triangle, and the Phoenix. If you ask a layman about her (presuming they know anything) they will likely respond with one of three things. The love triangle, the flaming cosmic turkey, or 'isn't she the one that dies all the time?'. Her having her own comic, away from the Phoenix, Scott, and Logan is probably a good thing.

I still want Scott back, of course, but I can recognize the Red is a good thing for Jean. Not that I'm going to buy it. I have no money for Marvel until Scott is back and as a hero. None at all.

Favorite alternate version of Cyclops?

&

AoA Prelate, almost Horseman Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    And I was actually excited about the red annual.
    Oh man, I expected Jean to defend Scott in Red annual, with what we've seen from Taylor nowadays I think it's even better than he not being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Okay, let's not call people idiots for feeling a particular way about something. CuteClops, as we know is a very passionate and vocal fan and he took issue (as other Cyclops fans did) with the way Taylor threw some shade at Cyclops. It doesn't make him or anyone else anything other than highly annoyed. Lately Scott has been the Marvel/X-Men punching bag so he has every right to be upset when an employee of the company says what they said in a less than professional way.
    I agree that calling the guy an idiot is unwarranted. My problem is his opinion is uninformed. Scott being possessive is a claim that can actually be tested in canon. Based on both his previous actions, Jean's and other member's of the X-Men towards their significant others, labeling Scott as possessive can't be effectively defended, especially within the context of his relationship with Jean. As a creator writing new canon himself, Taylor should be an authority on these matters, or at the very least his editor should be. The fact that he seems to believe this tells me he's uninformed and writing responses to readers based more on his perceptions than facts, or perhaps spinning a narrative for Jean that more effectively fits with the empowerment stories he's writing.

Secondly, and just as importantly, making a statement like this, even if it was defensible, adds nothing positive to the discussion and should have been clearly understood as inflammatory. You characterized it as unprofessional and I agree.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

both Cyclops and Wolverine have never exactly moved on from Jean and both fought sometimes over her but none of them was possesive of jean. when jean told logan who she chosed he stopped trying and didn't force himself. the same with cyclops when jean told him she didn't want to marry he stopped asking her, tyke was rejected in all new x-men #19 and he left jean free and morrison cyclops didn't even wanted to be with jean. it's weird to call them possesive.

as i said before Taylor didn't trashed cyclops alone, he did the same with wolverine when he could just ignore him, so it's not like he was hating on cyclops and only cyclops. maybe he doesn't like both relationships (jean/logan and jean/scott) and that's valid. creators can have these opinions and they are valid but that what they are opinions, at the end of the day the characters belong to marvel and writers come and go throught the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Favorite alternate version of Cyclops?

Basilisk is supercool name, better than Cyclops I dare say.
    &

Where's this from?