Page 2141 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1141164120412091213121372138213921402141214221432144214521512191 ... LastLast
Results 32,101 to 32,115 of 33258
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes bc the PF cloned her body and took her place. Its only her fault in that she allowed the PF to take her place as a means to save her friends, not knowing what it would end up doing
    No, that retcon is no longer valid. It was always Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    They absolutely wanted it to be ambiguous so that the Cyke fans and Cyke haters could debate over it for years to come. However, I'm certain that without the Phoenix' influence (or an equivalent stressing source), Scott wouldn't have killed Charles. He didn't forsake him any number of times before. Cyclops and his X-Men were willing to risk their lives for Charles a few times despite what they learned about him (the World War Hulk instance springs to mind). So he was absolutely influenced by the Phoenix, although that doesn't remove his responsibility completely. Regardless, with such a murky situation, Scott couldn't possibly be tried fairly in any court, and should have simply been a free man.
    Yup, Marvel shoehorned Scott into a role that didn't make sense in the service a contrived and forced plot.They broke his character and when they realized they had no idea what to do with him, they just killed him off. And in the process everyone looked horribly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yup, Marvel shoehorned Scott into a role that didn't make sense in the service a contrived and forced plot.They broke his character and when they realized they had no idea what to do with him, they just killed him off. And in the process everyone looked horribly.
    Actually it's the opossite, he became the embodiment of the X-men because everyone else turned into idiots and hypocrites, that's why they killed him, and then the inhumans came

Okay, I admit that this plot point implies that Jean set things in motion, so she wants to take responsibility, but what does she say? She called out - who doesn't when faced with sudden and immanent death? That desire doesn't necessarily translate to responsibility in my opinion. Besides, we have Jean going DP and dying as the ultimate absolution - but Marvel wants to bring her back, so they absolve her further by making that Jean not Jean. So good, she wasn't responsible anymore, no problem because Phoenix was just wearing her face. Stick to it and eventually all ambiguity will be past - but what do they do? Retcon upon retcon, making this page dubious.
    yeah it definitely has changed multiple times but I think the implication here is exactly that. She allowed it to take her place, which ultimately allowed the events of DPS to happen. Other interpretations have said that since it posesed a portion of Jean's soul, it was her in almost every sense so she's responsible on that level. Guess it depends on the writer

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    No, that retcon is no longer valid. It was always Jean Grey.
    k

BANNED

As I said, that retcon is no longer valid. It was always Jean Grey.

David Nakayama did the artwork for a Cyclops trading card (Fleet Ultra X-Men '18) and it is AWESOME!

9b554e39-c246-44e3-904c-3a697905c0e1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    David Nakayama did the artwork for a Cyclops trading card (Fleet Ultra X-Men '18) and it is AWESOME!

I loved that costume so much in the 90s as it was how I was introduced to him but man is it cringeworthy now

I loved that costume so much in the 90s as it was how I was introduced to him but man is it cringeworthy now
    Lol, gotta love Cyke especially when it’s in that classic suit.

BANNED

I seriously need an image of Cyclops dabbing, I'M GOING CRAZY

It's not my favorite either but I understand why it's used so often for merchandise. I would've loved to see Nakayama use his graduation outfit from X-Men #39, that's my personal favorite of his numerous costumes. His costume for the Ellis/Fraction/Gillen era is also fantastic and would look great if done by Nakayama.

I’d rather he join Bobby on the Champions, depending on the creative direction.

Unless, do you have a pitch for that Avengers idea?
    Maybe in the Ultimate universe, there have been talks about it. I don't see him joing in 616, since they just acted like hyprocrites again, it is becoming their trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post

Awesome! Need this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    As I said, that retcon is no longer valid. It was always Jean Grey.

Yeah, that still kinda bothers me. The retcon is a big part of Simonson's X-Factor, then come Aaron and says "YEAH BUB, THAT WAS THE REAL JEAN ALL ALONG LOL" and other writers just follow along since Marvel keeps letting it slide.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Okay, I just finished Bendis’s Uncanny X-Men run, and let me just say,
    SCOTT SUMMERS YOU BEAUTIFUL SON OF A BITCH
    CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
    CYCLOPS WAS SO F*CKING RIGHT

So reading that story when the Claremont team get stranded in the Savage Land and Scott is shaving his beard on a reaver and pretty much this happen:

Cyclops: Hmm you know with that mustache, i kind of look like that Corsair guy, his accent also sounds from Nebraska and i think that he called me Scott without me telling him my name, wait that could mean, it might mean...
    Storm: Hi Scott, how is your day?
    Cyclops: DAMN IT!!!!! i lost it, thank you Storm .

Like, i know that is just part of the soap opera nature of the X-Men, but you had to admit that is kind of hilarious