Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

I've just watched an ecchi highschool battle harem and I think it's a better use of my time than keeping up with what Marvel's doing with Cyclops.

Champions seems interesting though, and Mark Waid sounds like he actually cares about Cyke. Gonna give the first couple issues a shot. Gonna be the first comic I read this year too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Anyone here remember a certain question i asked Bendis in one of his final X-Pos regarding the role of Tyke in the future of Marvel ? And his reply was that Hopeless had such huge plans for Tyke that he was jealous he never thought of those ideas, Lol.....sigh.....it's probably healthy to ignore Bendis, but now that Hopeless wont be writing Tyke anymore i wonder where he could have taken his story, while i kinda liked his run so far, it was also mostly aimless filler, made me wonder if Hopeless really had any solid plans for his run or the characters (other than Angel/Laura). Anyways Waid is a top tier writer who has the potential to completely revitalize a character and take them to new heights, so can't wait to see what he does with Tyke, but he like Bendis kinda sucks at team books handling a huge cast, his recent ANAD Avengers run was pretty lame, plus now i also have to suffer through Ramos art, again.
    Boy you forgot Bendis cannot be trusted, is like the first rule of comics after never trusting #1 sales and that every event is a gimmick. I'm glad waid is writing him, he seems to truly love cyclops but I'll still be wary

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    I've just watched an ecchi highschool battle harem and I think it's a better use of my time than keeping up with what Marvel's doing with Cyclops.

Champions seems interesting though, and Mark Waid sounds like he actually cares about Cyke. Gonna give the first couple issues a shot. Gonna be the first comic I read this year too.
    I'll tell you what I've told everyone, read DC universe rebirth

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I'll tell you what I've told everyone, read DC universe rebirth
    I've never really been a DC guy, but sure. Which one is Deathstroke in?

BANNED

I've never really been a DC guy, but sure. Which one is Deathstroke in?
    Deathstroke had a solo since last year I think, it was pretty enjoyable but read some reviews first. Some trades should be out already
    Also deathstroke rebirth is coming next month
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/death...roke-rebirth-1
    Rebirth has been a delight so far, I recomend it completely

Which series? My wife and I just finished Black Lagoon and I got her to watch the first episode of Durarara a few days ago (and then we traveled for the 4th and just got back last night).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Which series? My wife and I just finished Black Lagoon and I got her to watch the first episode of Durarara a few days ago (and then we traveled for the 4th and just got back last night).
    It breaks my heart to this day knowing that Black Lagoon is pretty much on indifinte hiatus....such a good manga
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Cyclops leading the Champions? I can dig it. I HOPE he's leading the team!
    I love Mark Waid. I like Ms. Muslim and Blatino Spider-Man. I have no experience with Asian Hulk.
    Nova with art by Ramos? *sigh* BIG dislike but I'll have to get past it for you, Tyke. Only for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cyclops leading the Champions? I can dig it. I HOPE he's leading the team!
    I love Mark Waid. I like Ms. Muslim and Blatino Spider-Man. I have no experience with Asian Hulk.
    Nova with art by Ramos? *sigh* BIG dislike but I'll have to get past it for you, Tyke. Only for you.
    He's most likely gonna end up as field leader but I'm sure the big decisions will be taken by everyone

Ramos departing EXM is good but it may be a sign that EXM is departing... which might be a bad thing overall for the X-books having the 'flagship' end.
    Death of X is coming.
    He's most likely gonna end up as field leader but I'm sure the big decisions will be taken by everyone
    I can see and agree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Its sad, but i couldn't be more happy to see teen Cyke leave the X-Books. They have been utter crap since the relaunch. Except for All New Wolverine. So good for Teen Cyke. Waid is good, and i welcome the change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    It breaks my heart to this day knowing that Black Lagoon is pretty much on indifinte hiatus....such a good manga
    What?! I was just gonna start collecting that...
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

So if Cyclops is kid Hitler...
    ANXM is the Hitler youth, x force is the SS and X men is the Africa corps?
    Also... Kid Cyclops = /pol/ the character?
    Last edited by somacula; 07-05-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Anyone here remember a certain question i asked Bendis in one of his final X-Pos regarding the role of Tyke in the future of Marvel ? And his reply was that Hopeless had such huge plans for Tyke that he was jealous he never thought of those ideas, Lol.....sigh.....it's probably healthy to ignore Bendis, but now that Hopeless wont be writing Tyke anymore i wonder where he could have taken his story, while i kinda liked his run so far, it was also mostly aimless filler, made me wonder if Hopeless really had any solid plans for his run or the characters (other than Angel/Laura). Anyways Waid is a top tier writer who has the potential to completely revitalize a character and take them to new heights, so can't wait to see what he does with Tyke, but he like Bendis kinda sucks at team books handling a huge cast, his recent ANAD Avengers run was pretty lame, plus now i also have to suffer through Ramos art, again.
    Eck, Ramos draws like a blind five year old. Actually, I apologize to all the five year olds out there for this comparison. Does anyone else feel like a lot of these writers are just coasting until their contracts are done so they can move on to something else? I mean I know Disney/Marvel now has an iron-clad grip on the creative process of pretty much everything but c'mon, there doesn't seem to be a lot of quality in the X-Books anymore.

So if Cyclops is kid Hitler...
    ANXM is the Hitler youth, x force is the SS and X men is the Africa corps?
    Also... Kid Cyclops = /pol/ the character?
    So Beast is Mengele ?.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Green guy is amadeus cho as the new hulk: Aka chulk
    Girl in the middle is Kamala Khan: All new ms Marvel
    Guy in spider suit is miles morales: Ultimate Spiderman
    Guy in a black suit floating is sam alexandre: All new Nova
    Floating girl is Vivi Vision: All new vision or girl vision
    Guy with the visor is Scott Summers: AKA kid hitler
    o.O . . . it's very . . . diverse. So pretty much a bunch of people I have no idea who they are or why I should care about. Though I did hear the new Ms Marvel was pretty okay. Why in the world would anyone put Tyke on a team like this? If they consider his older self the evil of evilest second only to a Stalin/Hitler/Franco/Mussolini's fusion? Makes about as much sense as Neon Genesis Evangelion's ending.

I soo fell like making a politically incorrect joke here, actually tons of them, jesus christ I hate PC culture now...
    I would say go for it since I'm all for anti-PC but someone might take offense. I'm going to watch a marathon of Married with Children to exorcise myself out of this overly sensitive culture we are creating.

Actually it might backfire horribly and make Villain Clops even more popular as a villain, I mean, if he embraces a villanous nature it means no more moral restrictions for acting and as long as he's right people will cheer up for him
    Hmmm, now there's an idea. As long as he's right I could live with this.