Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    I have nothing to say to this level of ignorance.
    Seconded. I'm Face-palming so freakin' hard at the bully-coddling and victim-shaming, lol. Oh, and then there's the whole 'not getting the core concept of racism' thingy. Oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-25-2016 at 08:56 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Seconded. I'm Face-palming so freakin' hard at the bully-coddling and victim-shaming, lol. Oh, and then there's the whole 'not getting the core concept of racism' thingy. Oh well.
    I stand by my position
    Xelossik read the comics, I'm gonna ignore your headcannons from now on

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    ...aaand for some anime trivia about the series - it's by Masamune Shirow, the same guy as Ghost in the Shell, and is set in the same world, just later, even though Appleseed was written earlier.
    Ugh, you just had to remind me. I loved Psycho-Pass, so I've been planning to watch GitS for a while (Same studio, same cyber-punk feel). I just kept getting sidetracked by romcoms and harems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I've read and i saw Cyclops who was happy that he could train on earth young Hope Summers as Phoenix host when even Jean Grey failed. He could go to some Moon are other planet instead of risking all lives on Earth.
    One little mistake and he could destroy Earth... Luckily Avengersrest stopped his ridiculous training because pissed Hope would fail. She was trained by better heroes and thanks to that she was able to sent away Phoenix Force.

Cyclops didn't have the opportunity tho leave earth, the Avengers just show up with a heliocarrier and about everybody and say they would be taking Hope.
    The Avengers didn't want to train Hope, what they want was lock her in somewhere while they tried to destroy the Phoenix. Hope's traning only happened because was the only way they have to take the Phoenix from Cyclops, restore mutankind was not even close to what the Avengers wanted.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-25-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I stand by my position
    Xelossik read the comics, I'm gonna ignore your headcannons from now on

From what I understand about avx when pheonix was devided into 5 parts the xteam were more or less sane..

They Saved the world from mephisto and destroyed his new toys.. gave the world a NWO peace, energy and food to stagnant countries..

But avengers had an inferiority complex and rest? lets just say they reap what they sow!

End the world? just ask who started the mess in the first place..
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

BANNED

somacula:
    Ok i understand. It is worth to risk all lives of all beings on earth for possibility of healing X gene. Ok

Ra-El :
    He had Magik so he had possibility. Yes Avengers acted like morons. Cyclops also. Any mediocre or better leader could predict that it is possible. Especially after his fight with Wolvie.
    Hope's traning only happened because was the only way they have to take the Phoenix from Cyclops, restore mutankind was not even close to what the Avengers wanted.
    Look how he trained her during AvX 0 for example. She would run from him or failed with Phoenix. And yes Avengers weren't interested in restoring mutantkind. They tried to protect all life on Earth. Cyclops was only interested in restoring mutantkind. Humanity could became collateral damage.

Bootsie :
    yes they were sane and yet they were ok with bringing weapon capable of destroying Earth. That was like 1 to 3 that Earth will be anihilated.
    yes they gabe free energy because Tony Stark made a mistake. Hope could control Phoenix then and because she was pissed at Cyclops she wouldn't be interested in giving free energy. And they also invaded all countries and destroyed all weapons.
    But avengers had an inferiority complex and rest? lets just say they reap what they sow!
    Cyclops fired first because he didn't had any arguments. He used force.
    End the world? just ask who started the mess in the first place..
    Cyclops

Xelossik:

Yes, Cyclops could have the means to leave Earth, but the Avengers don't even considered this option, they just show up in a sovereign nation and annunced that they would be taken one of his citzens, they didn't try to negotiate, Cyclops reaction was pretty much what could be expected from any govern.
    And I agree that Cyclops methods in training Hope wasn't the best, but he was preparing her, he believed in her... The Avengers only did it as a last resort, after try to destroy the Phoenix.

Marvel does it a lot, they start a conflict in between two groups, each with reasonable arguments, but they always made one of them start to act in some very questionable way (usually the group against Captain America), alowed them to choose a clear winner, at least from a moral point of view.

Something tells me our resident rrrhater never read AvX What If and X-Treme X-Men, lol.

BANNED

Something tells me our resident rrrhater never read AvX What If and X-Treme X-Men, lol.
    I don't see Xelossik as an ARRRHATER, we had our share of those and they're just insulting Cyclops 24/7 until they got the ban hammer. I think he's trying to keep real like Avenger85 used to do back then, and we're gonna need the warm up since death of X is coming.

I don't see Xelossik as an ARRRHATER, we had our share of those and they're just insulting Cyclops 24/7 until they got the ban hammer. I think he's trying to keep real like Avenger85 used to do back then, and we're gonna need the warm up since death of X is coming.
    That argument would have much more weight if other appreciation threads were also being flooded with such 'realness'.

BANNED

That argument would have much more weight if other appreciation threads were also being flooded with such 'realness'.
    Fair point fluffy, but Death of X is coming in October... We should get ready

BANNED

Ra-El :
    Yes, Cyclops could have the means to leave Earth, but the Avengers don't even considered this option,
    I agreed with this point. Avengers acted stupid because they were informed by Wolverine who was pissed at Cyclops. They acted stupid. You're right
    Cyclops reaction was pretty much what could be expected from any govern.
    Again you're 100% right. But that was still bad decision. Because he(without Phoenix) was weaker than Avengers.
    And I agree that Cyclops methods in training Hope wasn't the best, but he was preparing her, he believed in her... The Avengers only did it as a last resort, after try to destroy the Phoenix.
    I would say that he mostly believed in his vision not in her.
    Marvel does it a lot, they start a conflict in between two groups, each with reasonable arguments, but they always made one of them start to act in some very questionable way (usually the group against Captain America), alowed them to choose a clear winner, at least from a moral point of view.
    Again. You're right. Both parties made mistakes. The only difference between You and me is that for me that was reasonable mostly (not questionable )
    Avengers gained information from Wolverine who was Avenger (they believed him) and they acted accordingly. Yes he had personal grudge against him, because they had fight during Schism. They had fight during Schism because X men lost positive members and Wolvie had a lot of talks with student who saw herself as monster. And that was terrible for Wolvie.
    Cyclops after really good start as leader had worse times because he was attacked non stop from every direction. He became do focused on mutant survival that he really started to ignore everything except mutant survival. And for me that was very reasonable.
    Yes event was a little rushed but generally was reasonable(Schism).
    And about AvX i have similar feelings. They made reasonable decisions (Avengers trusting Wolvie and Cyclops ignoring their "requests"). But these decisions were bad. Reasonable but bad.

FluffyCyclopsRLZ:
    especially for you one more time:
    I think Cyclops is better than other X mens as strategist and tactician. He is the best in those areas of knowledge. I only question his diplomacy. And even Scott said he is not the best at diplomacy(just read Schism). He was acting like US president when he had French Army. That was mistake.
    Yes i know that for you he is the best and he never made any mistakes or bad things. He probably didn't even leave his wife and children. Or never cheated Jean Grey. Because he is perfect.

And let's forget than half of your arguments was about Wolverine (that he was weaker as a leader). Not only i agreed with this many times but also it is not argument unless you're thinking that being better than one of the worst leaders is good enough for Scott.

Fair point fluffy, but Death of X is coming in October... We should get ready
    Meh, we're used to rrrhaters patting themselves on the back over a short-sighted, petty victory.

Here's the catch, though. Worst case scenario, Death of X plays out like a Claremontian wet dream. Funny thing is, it doesn't matter. At all. We know the X-Men go to war with the Inhumans. The EXM can cry all they want about how it's totally different and heroic and epic when they're the ones embracing the path of war, but the cold hard sexy fact is that they'll end up effectively following in Cyclops' footsteps and enforcing his will, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    And let's forget than half of your arguments was about Wolverine (that he was weaker as a leader). Not only i agreed with this many times but also it is not argument unless you're thinking that being better than one of the worst leaders is good enough for Scott.
    No, it wasn't. Look it up. I brought up Wolverine's raging hypocrisy, not his perceived strengths/weaknesses as a leader.

Lawl. Any conversation pertaining to Wolverine's righteousness/rightfulness during Schism is 10000000% nonsense unless the runt starts another Schism with Storm upon his return from the dead. Storm has been shamelessly stealing pages from Cyclops' playbook and she brought the "children" back into the fold. If Wolverine doesn't throw a glorified hissy fit and try to gut her on the outskirts of the X-Haven, he's a worthless hypocrite.

Fair is fair.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-25-2016 at 01:24 PM.

BANNED

Meh, we're used to rrrhaters patting themselves on the back over a short-sighted, petty victory.

Here's the catch, though. Worst case scenario, Death of X plays out like a Claremontian wet dream. Funny thing is, it doesn't matter. At all. We know the X-Men go to war with the Inhumans. The EXM can cry all they want about how it's totally different and heroic and epic when they're the ones embracing the path of war, but the cold hard sexy fact is that they'll end up effectively following in Cyclops' footsteps and enforcing his will, lol.
    HAHAHAHA, in the end Cyclops is always right, lol.
    Thanatos gambit it seems, no matter what he does he always wins

I want another moment like in NMH. When Storm tells Beast Cyclops is right.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.