Page 230 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 33258

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #27 by Chris Bachalo

For some reason looking at this cover bring this to mind.

Call me weird or mind controlled by the telepaths, whatever.

I guess The Will must not be all bad if he is still focused on regaining control of his powers.

Ahhh who am I kidding, could be literal hell on earth and Cyke will still find time to get his daily workout in.

hiruhirudo

I'm not sure if it means anything, but I love how Bendis pointed out Scott and Bobby as two of the people Xavier's Will would affect most deeply. My interest is piqued.

Edit to add - That is an awesome picture, juan678

That settles it Cyke and Bobby to go on a rampage. Chillin and blastin fools because they can.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Losing Russell Dauterman to 'Female Thor' and Stuart Immonen to 'New Captain America' yet keeping Bachalo on 'Uncanny X-Men'. Sad times.

The Bachalo cover looks nice, though. I was immediately reminded of Darkseid's Omega Beams... and this...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    That settles it Cyke and Bobby to go on a rampage. Chillin and blastin fools because they can.
    Not gonna not buy it.

Mighty Member

Just read Bendis' interview. Since Bendis mentions Xavier's crush on Jean in the same paragraph he mentions "using his powers to flip a switch to make it happen", and then mentions that two out of three among Rachel, Colossus, and Nightcrawler will be featured heavily, I suddenly got the feeling that either 1) Xavier is Rachel's father, but he mind-wiped Rachel to think Scott is her father because the truth would put a strain on the X-Men's relationships, or 2) Xavier tapped Rachel during their space adventure because she was his substitute Jean.

I wonder if Cyke would dance to the former or be repulsed with the latter. Either way, Bendis clearly intends to shake things up, for better or for worse.

Jesus, both of those things are insidious.... Almost as bad as when people say Rachel is Logan's daughter... Does Rachel know of said tapping? If she doesn't it would be really weird...

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Just read Bendis' interview. Since Bendis mentions Xavier's crush on Jean in the same paragraph he mentions "using his powers to flip a switch to make it happen", and then mentions that two out of three among Rachel, Colossus, and Nightcrawler will be featured heavily, I suddenly got the feeling that either 1) Xavier is Rachel's father, but he mind-wiped Rachel to think Scott is her father because the truth would put a strain on the X-Men's relationships, or 2) Xavier tapped Rachel during their space adventure because she was his substitute Jean.

I wonder if Cyke would dance to the former or be repulsed with the latter. Either way, Bendis clearly intends to shake things up, for better or for worse.
    I would be disgusted if the first happened, but I would read it happily anyway. Yup. This ought to screw with our boy even more.

Mighty Member

Jesus, both of those things are insidious.... Almost as bad as when people say Rachel is Logan's daughter... Does Rachel know of said tapping? If she doesn't it would be really weird...
    Mind wipe. Bendis has already written Xavier as being able to take out Rachel AND a Phoenix Host, among other people, at the same time and then proceed to alter their memories of the encounter just to satisfy his story...

Any icky Xavier/Rachel or Jean Grey relationship that's mindwiped would be, effectively, rape. Charles has done horrible things but I don't think even he would stoop to that just to get off. It would be, possibly even worse than Gwen Stacy willingly sleeping with Norman and secretly having his kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

The big thing that Xavier did is most likely going to be about the new character mentioned in that interview, is not going to be about Xavier being a rapist, that's straight too much, that would even make the JGS make a statue of Scott in the front yard that portrayed him stepping over Xavier's corpse while holding an X-flag on his right hand, what Xavier did has to bring mixed feelings and not be completely mad or evil, because this is said to divide further more the X-men and will bring changes in the factions, and Jean is likely to not have anything to do with this, otherwise she would be mentioned as being important for this, and if it's to impact the O5 it has to already happen by X-men 8 (it's also not going to impact Hank that hard it seems so it may even be by the time only Scott and Bobby were X-men)

Calling it now Scott and Bobby were really evil, but Xavier mind wiped their evilness away.

Calling it now Scott and Bobby were really evil, but Xavier mind wiped their evilness away.
    Maybe Xavier was Jack Winters and the mob that chased Bobby, and they were only ruses to get Cyke and Bobby with him

And for those hoping that Tempus is still chasing after Scott in the 100# anniversary special, http://www.newsarama.com/21582-hail-...ial-x-men.html " I included grown-up versions of Eva Bell (Tempus), Christopher Muse (Triage), Benjamin Deeds (Amity), Shogo Lee (Sentinel-X), and the Stepford Cuckoos: Phoebe, Irma, and Celeste" so there is still hope (she will be dating Triage, but there is still hope)