Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Legit question:

What can Marvel do-- realistically-- that would restore faith from the Cyclops fans? Not Tykeclops-- he's a bust to me-- but Cyclops.
    The thing they need to do is very simple, and requires all of two panels. [God knows]When, eventually, adult Cyclops comes back, all the characters who've treated him like crap needs to come together, Beast and Wolverine at the fronts and simply say, "Uh... Scott. Ahem... we've treated you horribly for the past few years. Which you didn't deserve. We were in the wrong. And we apologize for that." Cyke says, "Yeah, whatever."

THAT'S IT. It needn't even be mentioned ever again. But that is what Marvel will never ever do.

Legit question:

What can Marvel do-- realistically-- that would restore faith from the Cyclops fans? Not Tykeclops-- he's a bust to me-- but Cyclops.

At this point, I've no interest reading any of the Marvel line. The comic book teasers Marvel writes do not incite any reaction from me apart from a judgmental 'same old, subpar old'. So, Cyke fans, what can Marvel do that does not break any of their existing characters?
    I think the Cyke fans generally don't have a problem with how he's behaved. I know there are some that disagree. Regardless the issue is not how the fans have reacted but how the rest of the x-men have reacted on-panel.

I think for Scott personally it would be nice to bury the hatchet with Xavier. If they both were to be brought back, in Xavier's case even for a mini or one shot where him and Scott could have a moment of reconciliation, I think that would go a long way to Scott getting himself back together personally.

As far as the rest of the team I think they just need to accept him back and recognize publicly what he did for them and move on. It's not a complicated formula. The writers just need the x-men to stop smack talking him and the problem goes away.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    As far as the rest of the team I think they just need to accept him back and recognize publicly what he did for them and move on. It's not a complicated formula. The writers just need the x-men to stop smack talking him and the problem goes away.
    It's this bit that I find unrealistic, though. I have no problems with the way Cyke developed post-HoM. He adapted to the abrupt change in the status quo and kept the mutants alive long enough for the X-gene to be repowered. That the other mutants felt him become an extremist is fair-game. Hypocritical, but fair all the same.

But let's face it-- writers will never write the apology we want. A bunch of mutants crowding around Cyke and apologizing for being hypocrites also does not do justice for all characters involved.

So what is actually a realistic approach to restore faith from Cyclops fans?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

It's this bit that I find unrealistic, though. I have no problems with the way Cyke developed post-HoM. He adapted to the abrupt change in the status quo and kept the mutants alive long enough for the X-gene to be repowered. That the other mutants felt him become an extremist is fair-game. Hypocritical, but fair all the same.

But let's face it-- writers will never write the apology we want. A bunch of mutants crowding around Cyke and apologizing for being hypocrites also does not do justice for all characters involved.

Just forget about everything? All water under the bridge? Pretend that half the X-Men weren't being elite hypocritical morons? That's realistic. But it doesn't sit well with me. I can see Marvel sweeping all the crimes of other X-Men under the rug, but not of Cyclops. Any and every opportunity they will have, they will shit on Cyclops, ignoring all the other characters behaviour. You know it's going to happen. That's the problem for me.

One - stop dumping on him.

Two - I would at least like to see some acknowledgement that Scott was held to a standard that no one else was even close to being held to.

Three - a couple of the worst hypocritical offenders need to get called out on it.

Well he can't just shazam back and everyone pretends like nothing happened. If you want a practical example I'm thinking something along the lines of an inverse Trial of Hank McCoy, if that makes any sense. I don't think it's a case of everyone chest bumping Cyke. Just let the conversation happen. It shouldn't be a situation where everyone walks away happy. The point is to bury the hatchet on Schism, AvX and IxV and give Cyke a fresh start. I would actually prefer he fall into a more lone operator role for a while to get his legs back under him again before some crisis pulls him back onto an x-team.

Spectacular Member

Legit question:

At this point, I've no interest reading any of the Marvel line. The comic book teasers Marvel writes do not incite any reaction from me apart from a judgmental 'same old, subpar old'. So, Cyke fans, what can Marvel do that does not break any of their existing characters?
    They can have Cyclops returning by decapitating Hydra Cap with a optic blast resulting in everyone seeing him as hero.

When the X-Men invite him back he refuses and joins the U S. Avengers so he can be written by Al Ewing someone that will do his character justice.
    Last edited by Cykewasright; 06-23-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    They can have Cyclops returning by decapitating Hydra Cap with a optic blast resulting in everyone seeing him as hero.

When the X-Men invite him back he refuses and joins the U S. Avengers so he can be written by Al Ewing someone that will do his character justice.
    LOL! But I don't oppose that idea.

And decapitate him with the frying pan for even more humiliation.

Lightbulb

I wonder if Emma hasn't resurrected Cyclops already and brought him obviously with his full health and his PF power boosted optic blast level with the cosmic cube.

Makes total sense that she would and kept him low key until Steve Rogers dies at the end of Secret Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    I wonder if Emma hasn't resurrected Cyclops already and brought him obviously with his full health and his PF power boosted optic blast level with the cosmic cube.

Makes total sense that she would and kept him low key until Steve Rogers dies at the end of Secret Empire.
    That would be lackluster, I always like the concept of the Ghola from Dune. Mass Effect 2 Lazarus project is also a great concept, What makes you "you", Is Shepherd really Shepherd or an AI who thinks its Shepherd. In Done is the Ghola is the copy the original? Does it take more than the memories and the genetics?

Bringing Cyclops back via Cosmic Cube? Resurrection can be done better I think.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Three - a couple of the worst hypocritical offenders need to get called out on it.

Like Steve the Nazi Rogers? I can't wait to see how he's forgiven due to being possessed while Scott is still vilified (after saving the planet, no less).

Given that we are talking about DisMarvel; it's more likely that the rest of the Marvel Universe is still going to be angry and think that he is a villain because he dared to kill the Captain Nazi, even through he wasnt harming anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    Like Steve the Nazi Rogers? I can't wait to see how he's forgiven due to being possessed while Scott is still vilified (after saving the planet, no less).
    I still say that once it allowed a nazi to lift it, it was Mjolnir that became unworthy of Thor.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, let's keep Cyke away from the Avenger stench.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I still say that once it allowed a nazi to lift it, it was Mjolnir that became unworthy of Thor.
    I was in B&N back when Secret Empire #0 came out and saw someone flipping through it. He got to where Captain Nazi picked up Mjolnir and started laughing his ass off. First time I've ever see anything like that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    Many heroes were already giving Steve the benefit of the doubt from the start, before they even knew about the cosmic cube. So...