Page 2216 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 121617162116216622062212221322142215221622172218 LastLast
Results 33,226 to 33,240 of 33258
    Ultimate Member

Ugh, more double-posting lag nonsense. If only I was a technopath like Trinary, I'd straighten this out!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-03-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Since you brought up the Jammers (omg I can't believe I keep forgetting about them, wtf is wrong with me???) I would really enjoy a family get away turned space opera with Scott, Christopher, Nathan, Hope and Rachel. They inevitably find themselves forced with a "continue our vacation or intervene on behalf of the other-worldly downtrodden" and find themselves engaging in 2-3 issue adventures arcs and/or one shots.
    Ooh, that would be crazy awesome. We've seen Scott (or versions of him, anyway) get some good time with Cable and Corsair, but having Nate and Rachel and perhaps even odd-girl-out Ruby Summers all together as well and having to acknowledge the crazy that is their family (and their feeling for/about each other) could be awesome!

About the only change I'd make from your idea is subbing Ruby Summers for Hope.

Alex would seem a logical choice for extra drama, but I'm not sure I want that much drama. (Ditto, no appearance by Maddy, since she's only related to some of them, and not really the kind of 'family drama' you want in the middle of your family drama...)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, that would be crazy awesome. We've seen Scott (or versions of him, anyway) get some good time with Cable and Corsair, but having Nate and Rachel and perhaps even odd-girl-out Ruby Summers all together as well and having to acknowledge the crazy that is their family (and their feeling for/about each other) could be awesome!
    Agreed. Makes you wonder if Cable is pissed at Nate for sleeping with his mother...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    About the only change I'd make from your idea is subbing Ruby Summers for Hope.
    Definite hell-yeah on subbing out Hope for Ruby.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Okay so, I am ALL FOR adding in Ruby ..... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeventually. Like, we DO have Cable in the mix so timey whimey shenanigans are a certainty and we ARE talking space travel so dimension hopping is, imho, an inevitability. I just long for Hope to be written WELL and my heart warms at the notion of her bonding with Rachel. Bringing in Ruby -- Scott and Emma's possible-future-would-be-alterna-daughter is just CLASSIC Summers insanity I can 100% get behind, but she would be the eventual monkey wrench of a more personal-drama to add in, say, the 2nd or 3rd arc.

Hmm..

Now I wanna do a Summers family gathering piece -- and maybe give Rachel and Hope some cuter hairstyles.

Some person SomethingSomethingson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    It was never about punishment, but I wasn't sure where the fic was going, either. The premise was simply placing Cyke in the DCU, away from the Marvel BS, where Cyke can go do Cyke things and maybe shack up with Diana, hence the fanart I had a friend draw that I never got around to finish colouring.
    Not a bad piece of fanart.
    It doesn't have to be a reward, accidental cult hijacking works as well. Just to drop Cyclops in the world and then fizzle away. My problem with adding Justice League so early is that it removes a lot of tension and mystery from the plot. Because ones he is on their radar and on friendly terms, there is no reason Scott can't ask them for help. But if you drop him in a world where Justice League hasn't even formed yet, there are things that would requite some extra thinking on his part to accomplish. For example what if the phoenix drains Slim mentally and physically, basically dropping him in the middle of nowhere, with his cloths almost burned and the visor in pieces. Leaving only enough ruby for one eye and forcing him to make a proto-age-of-apocalypse shades. While continuing to look for a replacement (let's say there is no exact quartz on the planet), he comes to a conclusion that the closest thing that exist is a small piece of green meteorite in a museum. Scott doesn't need the full thing, just enough for a second lens. Putting him into a situation where he has to stealthily get in, cut a small piece out and possibly meet another robber having the same plan. Spiraling that into yet another adventure. There is also the question of identity papers, work and money. How do you survive as an alien in the new world. Another reason to start Summers from the bottom is to give him an opportunity to interact with youth of the DCU world, which could push him into creating a DCU school for gifted youngsters in the future.
    Look, this jar of tears isn't going to fill itself.
    Cyclops X-Men Fanfiction Recommendation List

I'm curious where folks envision Slim's destination if/when he DOES return to the land of the living.

I mean, given the current X-landscape being one of NOT-dire-extinction-level-trauma anymore, and the respective leadership roles across the line, leadership feels..... off?

So perhaps upon his return he would simply be.... quasi content? Maybe just.... be a dude? At the Mansion? Y'know, if Kitty would allow that?
    Or maybe he'd join his brother's team on their shared quest for redemption/revitalization?
    Or do some father/son globe trotting with Nathan? Time stream shenanigans?

I believe that Scott would acquiesce to both Kitty's and Jean's collective mission statements, without interference, but for a man who dedicated so much of his life to a cause ---??? What does one do when said cause is full steam without him?
    That's why I want him out of strictly X-Men business.

Cyclops has outgrown the X-Men and with his POV with the Extinction team, he should keep that POV and recruit his own superhero team or just go solo for a while.

Cyclops IMO is more Marvel Universe now than just strictly X-Men plus he's well known as an effective leader so I don't see him having trouble recruiting while keeping competition/rivalry with the Avengers and Steve Rogers.

Also, no.

The Cyclops offspring is absolutely convoluted and messy.

Rachel is a complete and absolute mess. X-Man is another mess.

Cable is his normal son even if his birth was a little messy because of Madelyne and Cable himself and his mythos is all over the place.

So, a big NOOOOOOO, to more Cyclops offspring and no to Ruby.

IF Cyclops must have offspring, please let it be normal offspring, no Alternate Universe bullshit or anything like that but IMO, no more offspring for Cyclops for a LONG TIME.

Also, no.

The Cyclops offspring is absolutely convoluted and messy.

Rachel is a complete and absolute mess. X-Man is another mess.

Cable is his normal son even if his birth was a little messy because of Madelyne and Cable himself and his mythos is all over the place.

So, a big NOOOOOOO, to more Cyclops offspring and no to Ruby.

IF Cyclops must have offspring, please let it be normal offspring, no Alternate Universe bullshit or anything like that but IMO, no more offspring for Cyclops for a LONG TIME.

BANNED

What about a child with storm!

Anyways, just read 1/3 of 1984, the regime literally has a hate event and their very own strawman Emmanuel Goldstein, it reminds me how the inhumans demonised cyclops and made him their Emmanuel Goldstein, although commentary says he's based off Trotsky

I'm curious where folks envision Slim's destination if/when he DOES return to the land of the living.

I mean, given the current X-landscape being one of NOT-dire-extinction-level-trauma anymore, and the respective leadership roles across the line, leadership feels..... off?

So perhaps upon his return he would simply be.... quasi content? Maybe just.... be a dude? At the Mansion? Y'know, if Kitty would allow that?
    Or maybe he'd join his brother's team on their shared quest for redemption/revitalization?
    Or do some father/son globe trotting with Nathan? Time stream shenanigans?

I believe that Scott would acquiesce to both Kitty's and Jean's collective mission statements, without interference, but for a man who dedicated so much of his life to a cause ---??? What does one do when said cause is full steam without him?
    Outside the xmen but still working on the mutant relief effort. Maybe make up a new supporting cast that he hangs out with.

GO OUTSIDE THE US. Let's return to some internationalism and space adventures!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Some person SomethingSomethingson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Have to agree. Let the current Summers family reconnect and have some scenes together first. For cry out loud, Jean didn't even consider Rachel her daughter in the last issue. What they need is a reason to spend together for an extended amount of time, faaaar away from the X-men nonsense.

I know most of you will disagree, but what if Inhumans asked them for help and Scott been the forgiving sort that he is, agrees to go into space to deal with the situation? Ororo had the school in limbo, Kitty in the middle of the most expensive property ever and Jean is keeping her people underwater. Cyclops would knock himself out with that many facepalms, so what he really needs after coming back from been a Doom Guy in hell is a family weekend in space.
    Look, this jar of tears isn't going to fill itself.
    Cyclops X-Men Fanfiction Recommendation List

You can't take the leadership thing away from Cyke. It's in the character's DNA and he's neutered without it. This is the biggest hurdle for his return, because Jean and Kitty have been very much established as the X-men leadership, and it's hard to see Marvel making one of these two women take a backseat to the returning male leader.

Sucks because Cyke is such an important character in the X-men world and it feels wrong that he isn't involved anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    You can't take the leadership thing away from Cyke. It's in the character's DNA and he's neutered without it. This is the biggest hurdle for his return, because Jean and Kitty have been very much established as the X-men leadership, and it's hard to see Marvel making one of these two women take a backseat to the returning male leader.

Sucks because Cyke is such an important character in the X-men world and it feels wrong that he isn't involved anymore.
    Being a boyscout was in his DNA too, but that isn't as prevalent anymore. The other big thing to fall back on for Scott besides leadership is family - almost as much as it is in the Fantastic Four. Have Scott step back, try and find his place in a world that no longer needs him to be what he was during the dark days 'All Extinction All The Time' and either reconnect with his family members or build a new family - or a bit of both. I think it could work, especially if he ends up finding a new place in the world (or universe) as part of the journey.

Remove leadership from Cyclop's characterization and you end up with Teen Scott. No one wants that

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

Gold is ending so its looking like Kitty is about to get a demotion. I firmly beleive Jean will lead Uncanny but ever since the 90s relaunch, there's almost always been muliple X-men teams so theres no reason why Scott cant lead his own branch. I mean we currently have 4-5 leaders currently active. Why do people assume Scott would need to take a back seat to Kitty or Jean?
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-03-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Remove leadership from Cyclop's characterization and you end up with Teen Scott. No one wants that

Gold is ending so its looking like Kitty is about to get a demotion. I firmly beleive Jean will lead Uncanny but ever since the 90s relaunch, there's almost always been muliple X-men teams so theres no reason why Scott cant lead his own branch. I mean we currently have 4-5 leaders currently active. Why do people assume Scott would need to take a back seat to Kitty or Jean?
    Cyke's leadership can be showcased even without the mutants. Have Cyke lead a non-X-Men/X-Derivative team and tackle larger threats/issues, occasionally helping the X-Men when the threat level of their random villain of the arc grows.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie