Fantastic Member

The love is not forever, simply no

it's not like that, not in real life. As much as life goes on with a person, life goes on and people change. And changes as deep as Scott's often have consequences in their relationships and more in a relationship based on pursuing goals and dreams together.

The current Scott does not make sense with jean if there is no regression. Simply Jean Gray is not compatible with Right Cyclops. and I honestly do not want a return from Cyclops to preMorrison. Therefore, do not Jott simply.

Cyclops advanced as much as a character after Morrison precisely because he was no longer linked to Jean Gray. and jean can now advance as a character, without being linked to cylops. there is no way to unite them without sacrificing the progress of one of the two and demanding the other because the characters go in opposite directions,

Cyclops is a combat leader capable of making decisions that no one else makes, in a gray area, which also continued his thinking despite the hatred of his teammates. Jean Gray is the opposite, his revolution is a revolution of flowers, never harm anyone, never make a group of death. I would never sacrifice everything in the world for the mutant race, it is someone who can disobey a law but never harm anyone along the way. And he would never bear the hatred of all his friends.

Leave them to each one by their side. Do not ruin the work of the years because romantic love is beautiful in a place where it is not touched.

And I want Scott to regain his friendship with the x-men, but out of respect. All that hate was stupid, just because Scott did not feel like moving in a cell saying how sorry he was. The mutant race was reinitiated and for him that was the most important thing. But the x-men demanded that Scott suffer penance. They can make equipment with magneto, but not Scott, knowing everything that Magneto has done, and it does, much worse things. It is not so complicated to simply accept that Scott makes decisions that they would not make in times of crisis, just as they have accepted that Wolverine has a bloodthirsty side accused, for example.

And I hate Hitlerclops. That idea was terrible, but I do not want a regression to Scott's classic ... and this is what will happen if he comes back with Jeran Gray. No thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Beautiful image, man. Thanks for sharing.

-----------

Civil War: X-Men (The Beatles)
    So emma = Yoko Ono?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So emma = Yoko Ono?

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post

it's not like that, not in real life. As much as life goes on with a person, life goes on and people change. And changes as deep as Scott's often have consequences in their relationships and more in a relationship based on pursuing goals and dreams together.

The current Scott does not make sense with jean if there is no regression. Simply Jean Gray is not compatible with Right Cyclops. and I honestly do not want a return from Cyclops to preMorrison. Therefore, do not Jott simply.

Cyclops advanced as much as a character after Morrison precisely because he was no longer linked to Jean Gray. and jean can now advance as a character, without being linked to cylops. there is no way to unite them without sacrificing the progress of one of the two and demanding the other because the characters go in opposite directions,

Cyclops is a combat leader capable of making decisions that no one else makes, in a gray area, which also continued his thinking despite the hatred of his teammates. Jean Gray is the opposite, his revolution is a revolution of flowers, never harm anyone, never make a group of death. I would never sacrifice everything in the world for the mutant race, it is someone who can disobey a law but never harm anyone along the way. And he would never bear the hatred of all his friends.

Leave them to each one by their side. Do not ruin the work of the years because romantic love is beautiful in a place where it is not touched.

And I want Scott to regain his friendship with the x-men, but out of respect. All that hate was stupid, just because Scott did not feel like moving in a cell saying how sorry he was. The mutant race was reinitiated and for him that was the most important thing. But the x-men demanded that Scott suffer penance. They can make equipment with magneto, but not Scott, knowing everything that Magneto has done, and it does, much worse things. It is not so complicated to simply accept that Scott makes decisions that they would not make in times of crisis, just as they have accepted that Wolverine has a bloodthirsty side accused, for example.

And I hate Hitlerclops. That idea was terrible, but I do not want a regression to Scott's classic ... and this is what will happen if he comes back with Jeran Gray. No thanks
    I agree that I do not want Cyclops to regress but to say that Scott and Jean cannot be together because of all the progress Scott made as a character seems contradictory to me. Jean can also evolve a character.

Maybe its headcanon but when Jean told Scott to "Live" and controversially went on with Emma, I'd like to think that Jean knew or at least thought that she started to lead Scott down the road that eventually made him Rightclops and understood that this was the best possible option.

As for your other argument, yes, love fades and people change but sometimes if you stay long enough with understanding and love, you find many ways to rekindle it. That is what I wish, and I think a lot of Jott shippers wish. The road will not be easy, as with any real relationship but if or when they get back, it might become better (like a Phoenix rising from the ashes).

BANNED

by Serg Chayote from DeviantArt

BANNED

Haha
    Very nice!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

by Serg Chayote from DeviantArt

That is sweet!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Haha
    Very nice!

Ha!10101010

Haha
    Very nice!

This is adorable and hilarious cosplay.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GarDian View Post
    I agree that I do not want Cyclops to regress but to say that Scott and Jean cannot be together because of all the progress Scott made as a character seems contradictory to me. Jean can also evolve a character.

Maybe its headcanon but when Jean told Scott to "Live" and controversially went on with Emma, I'd like to think that Jean knew or at least thought that she started to lead Scott down the road that eventually made him Rightclops and understood that this was the best possible option.

As for your other argument, yes, love fades and people change but sometimes if you stay long enough with understanding and love, you find many ways to rekindle it. That is what I wish, and I think a lot of Jott shippers wish. The road will not be easy, as with any real relationship but if or when they get back, it might become better (like a Phoenix rising from the ashes).
    Strictly speaking, all of this is already OBE. Scott and Jean reconciled and reaffirmed their feelings for each other in Phoenix Resurrection #5. If/when Scott comes back, that's the point from which he and Jean are going to pick up, not from the end of Morrison's run or Endsong. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to get back together immediately or even soon thereafter--my bet is Marvel won't bring Scott back until Jean's paired off with someone else so as to maximize the drama.

There seems to be a fair amount of pining for a gradual, X-Factor-style rebuild of Jott, and, given Marvel's proclivities over the past decade, I see precisely zero appetite for that on Marvel's part. If/when Marvel puts Scott and Jean back together--either immediately upon his return or sometime later on--they'll want to move forward, not rehash what is in their view ancient history.

More and more, I'm warming up to the idea of leaving Scott dead. The interaction I'd really like to see is Jean and Emma, sharing their mourning. As a Jott shipper, I'd find it personally gratifying to see Jean give Emma the curbstomp she deserves. But, to be honest, that would be out of character for Jean. She's a bigger person than that and a nicer person than I.

Instead, I think it'd make for a nice twist if they became close friends over the love they both have for Scott. It could even serve as a mechanism to bring Emma back to the side of the angels. Imagine Jean talking Emma down from a villainous action, pointing out that Scott wouldn't want that for her. Eventually, Emma collapses in grief, and Jean comforts her by sharing her grief. Tie off the immediate plot with the two of them standing side by side at Scott's grave. Emma apologizes to Jean for seducing Scott into the affair...and then promptly tells Jean to never tell anyone she apologized. The two of them then hug, recognizing they share something unique to the two of them in having loved Scott.

Going forward, they form a sister-like bond and professional partnership, working together to rehab Scott's image some and carry forward elements of his vision for mutantkind in their goals. Emma as the "bad cop"; Jean as the "good cop." For a bit of spice, we could bring back a bit of that snarky back and forth Jean and Emma had during Morrison's run. Only this time, it'd be from a place of friendship.

Years ago, I read a story about the funeral of a French statesmen--I want to see it was either de Gaulle or Mitterand, but I could be wrong--at which his wife and his mistress stood side by side, bonded in grief. There was something very emotionally resonant about that. Very strange in a moral sense, but very human. Applying that dynamic to Jean and Emma could make for an interesting way to move forward.

Im of the mindset that Emma and Jean should NEVER be friends and definitely not bond bc they shared love for Scott. Thats a bit much. Unwilling allies at best

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im of the mindset that Emma and Jean should NEVER be friends and definitely not bond bc they shared love for Scott. Thats a bit much. Unwilling allies at best
    I agree. I have the same feeling toward Scott and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yep, that’s the cold hard truth. Should that come to pass, I might become a DC-exclusive reader.

I’ve never written fanfic before, I wouldn’t know where to start. Is being angry a good starting point?
    I think that's the starting point of about 99% of fanfic's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I think that's the starting point of about 99% of fanfic's out there.
    Angry, upset or disappointed. I think those three make up 99% of fanfics.

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post

I agree that Scott's character changed. I don't accept that makes him somehow incompatible with Jean. The reason why is that you're partially mis-characterizing who Jean is. Yes, her first instinct is to take a diplomatic approach. If you think that's the only round she has in the chamber you're very wrong. When push comes to shove there's this Jean too:

or for something more recent...

Jean didn't have to live through Decimation\Utopia\M-Pox. If she had I would suggest she would have fought just as hard as Scott to see mutants survive. I agree that her first instinct is to find a peaceful means of protecting her people but in many cases Scott didn't have that choice and neither would Jean have. As for sacrifice, Jean is just as familiar with that as Scott is. She's lost everything twice over for the X-Men.

I also disagree that Scott's development couldn't have been done while he was with Jean. There are those who believe it, yourself included, but no proof of this claim is ever offered. Yes, Scott did change, but the changes had already begun before Jean's death. To suggest that something so radical had occurred to him that his best friend and spouse could no longer love him suggests that all his other friends were justified in turning their backs on him as well. When the X-Men did that it seemed contrived for dramatic effect. If Marvel had done that with Jean, it would have felt even more so, because at his core, Scott remained much the same man he always was. His values didn't change, only his willingness to follow them absolutely even if it meant the death's of the few mutants left. His goals didn't change, only the methods by which those goals could be attained, and even then only by degrees. In the end, his peaceful demonstration in UXM 600 shows that Scott yearned to find peaceful solutions. Jean's presence would only have helped with that.

Scott fought a long war of attrition with his conscience and made compromises along the way. Do you really think Jean wouldn't have if she had lived through what Scott had? Maybe if she'd been around to support him, he'd have had to make less of those. The truth is that we'll never know for sure if their relationship could have survived the man he became or the woman she would have become. I would suggest though that it survived Jean's death, Scott's marriage to Maddie, and as we saw in PR5, their broken Morrison years -- all that bods well for them having made it.