Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carato Potrot View Post
    Woah *slow claps*
    How do you do this?
    Superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Carato Potrot View Post
    Aww, that... actually sounds really sweet. And practical.
    I'm not very good at arguing nicely - I tend to make people cry, or angry... or cry angrily - which makes me feel bad. So I've made it my mission to keep my mouth shut
    Funny how much a hard stare and a little head tilt can say though.
    I stopped posting certain things because people make my brain hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Cyduck cant be your avatar
    thats just unfair
    speaking of Cyducks- check this one out!
    GizmoDuck!
    OMG!!! This takes me back!!! LOL!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Heh!! I always try to be careful what I post just in case. I don't want to offend anyone but I've gotten to the point that I figure, I'm going to offend someone anyway but at least I won't do it for the heck of it and my arguments have to be solid or why make them at all. You got haters banned, any more and I'll start with the creepy altars of hero worship!!! You're awesome!!!
    It was a group effort not just me, kisinith deserves most of the credit. He did plenty of the heavy lifting those days

BANNED

I do love to debate. What I don't like it is when people get into the whole insulting you, or threatening or having a lame argument that basically amounts to "because I say so". *rolls eyes* If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I expect other people to think that way too which never bodes well for me.
    The problem is that people spend way too much time in echo chambers wich are pretty much places when all their opinions are validated and reinforced instead of challenged, and when they go to different places since their arguments are weak they resort to insults and actual debate. In yesterday discussion half of it may have disagreed with but they had a few valid points about directors being unable or not willing to give storm real characterization (that's also valid for plenty of characters).
    On Cyclops case it's like marvel is trying to paint him as a genocidal maniac even if he's a pretty nice guy. Then they turn all the avengers into idiots, cap into a nazi and Cyclops is more right than ever
    Chillclopia is the promise land!!! *pets creepy Cyclops doll of truth and awesomeness* Honestly I have no ill will towards anyone, but I do hate double standards and plots and characterizations that make no sense.
    Yeah I also hate marvel these days

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Capibara we summon you!
    Also McAvoy described Tye sheridan as a top football player that rocks it on the field, but when asked questions he can barely handle himself. That's so cyclops
    A little late, but..... YES!

Now everyone sees it may way!

What, no whip?
    That's what the hair is for.

Stepped into the Weak Storm thread. My Outer Gods... The horror. I should have known better. If Cyclops fans got on like that, we'd be saying that Cyclops should be able to channel his optic blasts into his body for Superman-like powers and become the avatar of the Punch Dimension. Wait a minute... He did the Superman thing in Ultimate X-Men. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

More Marsden Rav4 ads! This time: Marsden on 'Mars'!
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-11-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    There was another one that got banned as well. I can't remember name...(PhoenixEgg??) We lost people too. Sarodim was a Cyke fan, hell the thread starter too..
    Speaking of Phoenix Egg :

Fun Fact (and speculation) : Remember Bendis' old forum called Jinx World that was shut down by him quite some time ago ? I heard from some of the former posters from the site suggesting that a specific user going by the name 'Phoenix Egg' was plaguing the forums with his/her intense trolling (primarily against Cyclops) and continuously calling out on Bendis, it was a while after that the forum got taken down by Bendis, who blamed the trolls for causing toxic discussions in his forums, so judging by this it's completely crazy to think of the possibility that maybe 'Phoenix Egg' was probably truly responsible for the closure of Bendis', LOL.

Funnily, i just recently had the big misfortune of coming across our old beloved 'Phoenix Egg' in the SuperHeroHype forums, still trying pretty hard to convince the posters over there to hate Cyke, still using the same old typical signature hate terms like ''Cyclops' Beard'' (which is a term that i'm pretty sure every Cyke fan on this forum recognize by now is associated with Phoenix Egg) and other s***, i guess some people never change huh.

While it's good most of the trolls were banned we did also lose a few great Cyke fans especially some of the most insightful posters like DakenGirl, Elgrey etc., then there were many others like GrinningDemon (i miss his rants) who seem to be MIA, plus there were an innumerable amount of hardcore Scemma fans that at one point used to completely dominate this thread, whatever happened to them ? I know the one i'm replying to, OpticDreams is one of them, i'm guessing most of them mainly lurk around the Emma thread nowadays.
    Last edited by sagiravi; 06-11-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Stepped into the Weak Storm thread. My Outer Gods... The horror. I should have known better. If Cyclops fans got on like that, we'd be saying that Cyclops should be able to channel his optic blasts into his body for Superman-like powers and become the avatar of the Punch Dimension. Wait a minute... He did the Superman thing in Ultimate X-Men. Hmm...
    Wait, when did this happen? The channeling of power thing?

Wait, when did this happen? The channeling of power thing?
    Ult!Cyke took a drug and it boosted him into Superman temporarily. Someone else will have to give you the issue #s. The Punch Dimension thing hasn't happened... yet.
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-11-2016 at 01:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think the quintessential problem is that storm can use those powers casually and without real limitations.
    Jean has dark phoenix as a limitation, mags is depowered 80% of the time or weaker and has to resort to drugs that damage him, cable has the to virus, in cyclops case the limitation is that he doesn't fully controls his powers and can destroy or hurt someone if he uses them indiscriminately. Storm doesn't have that limitation and the writers keep on giving her feats and then people complain of why she doesn't do that in the next event or why is she so weak. I think it's the same problem that silver age superman suffered and the reason his power were nerfed post crisis.

Oh and also as a power boost to Cyclops let's propose that if he's exposed to a radiation of a blue sun he can do the superman stuff, create constructs like a green Lantern, move at warp speed, super fast learning and he can create a blue Phoenix that is the embodiment of the light of creation. But then he dies, lol

The problem is that people spend way too much time in echo chambers wich are pretty much places when all their opinions are validated and reinforced instead of challenged, and when they go to different places since their arguments are weak they resort to insults and actual debate. In yesterday discussion half of it may have disagreed with but they had a few valid points about directors being unable or not willing to give storm real characterization (that's also valid for plenty of characters).
    I do agree that Storm was such a throw away character in the movie but after having three and a half movies where she had more screen time than most of the other cast with the exception of Jackman and Steward. The Cyclops fans were the ones that got screwed over and now that we have a Cyclops with actual screen time, good characterization and a decent story arc (not great but at this point I'm willing to take about anything) they get annoyed. I'm saying this about the fans that target Cyclops having more screen time like that is some kind of crime against humanity.

On Cyclops case it's like marvel is trying to paint him as a genocidal maniac even if he's a pretty nice guy. Then they turn all the avengers into idiots, cap into a nazi and Cyclops is more right than ever

Yeah I also hate marvel these days
    I don't hate them, but I feel pretty let down by them. I wish that Cyclops could jump over to DC were he would be treated with the respect he deserves. Oh wait, I'm a fanfic writer. *evil grin*

It was a group effort not just me, kisinith deserves most of the credit. He did plenty of the heavy lifting those days
    Well you guys are totally my heroes!!!

I do agree that Storm was such a throw away character in the movie but after having three and a half movies where she had more screen time than most of the other cast with the exception of Jackman and Steward. The Cyclops fans were the ones that got screwed over and now that we have a Cyclops with actual screen time, good characterization and a decent story arc (not great but at this point I'm willing to take about anything) they get annoyed. I'm saying this about the fans that target Cyclops having more screen time like that is some kind of crime against humanity.
    Storm at least looks like she has been set up to have a decent role in the next film - plus the actress seems to enjoy the promo stuff.
    Dark does not mean deep.