Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this image on DeviantArt. Thought Cyclops fans might appreciate it.

Attachment 61027
    This is good motivation. Unfortunately, my surface pen broke and I gotta fix/replace it before I can finish any sketches.

A rare sight! Visorless Cyclops! It is of course because he was depowered. Uncanny X-Men #150:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Holy **** he looks just like Matt Murdock the lawyer when he removes his glasses!

BANNED

How did Scott's father react when he learned that young Scott was here and old Scott was dead?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    How did Scott's father react when he learned that young Scott was here and old Scott was dead?
    I don't think marvel has shown corsair reaction to adult cyclops death and he seems very happy with tyke. Corsair was tyke companion in his solo and we will probably see more of them in the anual.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    this could be very good or very bad. I like Tyke in champions more than in blue and it was a great oportunity to expand his character beyond the x-men.
    but it could probably (and hopeful) mean that the O5 are going home. I like the o5 and old man logan but I'm tired of duplicates and having different versions of the same characters. its redundant

BANNED

And dropped

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Adam-X has actually been written with tons of depth and personality.

It's the name "X-treme" that people can't seem to get past ... and maybe the haircut.
    Agreed. Strip away the absurd codename and 90s trappings, and he's a solid character.

Had Vulcan not been so ridiculously overpowered, I thought it would've been fun to have a Vulcan vs. Adam X battle. The evil, but trueborn 3rd Summers brother vs. the good, hybrid son of D'Ken Neramani.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    this could be very good or very bad. I like Tyke in champions more than in blue and it was a great oportunity to expand his character beyond the x-men.
    but it could probably (and hopeful) mean that the O5 are going home. I like the o5 and old man logan but I'm tired of duplicates and having different versions of the same characters. its redundant
    It's the DC Comics model and it's never worked in Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's dead but got pregnant by D'Ken before her death and the baby was placed in an incubator and eventually became Vulcan. What more do you want to know?
    Nope.

You're conflating Vulcan's origin with Fabian Nicieza's intended origin for Adam X.

Vulcan is Corsair's son, just like Cyclops and Havok. Shortly after D'Ken abducted Corsair and his wife (Kate), he killed her and ripped the fetus from her womb. While Corsair was sent off to a Shi'ar prison, the fetus was put in the incubator and grown to young adulthood to be used as a slave at Erik the Red's Shi'ar base on Earth. One of the other Shi'ar there eventually named him Gabriel, and the rest is history.

Adam X is D'Ken's son. Though it's never been conclusively shown on panel AFAIK, Nicieza's intent was that Adam X's mother was Kate Summers, Corsair's wife. Either D'Ken raped and impregnated her after abducting them or had Shi'ar scientists mix his DNA with hers after he killed her in order to create Adam in vitro. (Obviously, Given Vulcan's origin, it'd have to be the later in vitro option to work in-continuity now.)

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    And dropped
    Yeah, despite my at best lukewarm reactions to Tyke, removing him from Champions can only be good if he's going away. If he's sticking around only in Blue, that's bad news, not because I outright hate the character but because there isn't room for growth there.

Perhaps it has something to do with the synopsis from X-men blue 23 and 24 where it says that the X-men are missing

Kind of expected this, but good to have confirmation. I enjoyed O5 Cyclops' role in Champions. I thought he balanced the team out nicely. But I agree that he's kind of outgrown his role, as have the rest of the O5. I have a feeling that his departure hints that Marvel has plans for the O5 X-men later this year. Mark Paniccia tweeted that he's at an editors retreat today so maybe there are already plans unfolding as we speak. With Jean, Xavier, and Wolverine all returning from the dead, I think it's only a matter of time before Cyclops enters the picture again. It may take a bit longer for him, but I think that's why O5 Cyclops may be in store for some upheavals. However Marvel decides to bring him back, I have a feeling that'll tie into the fate of the time-displaced X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Cyke comforting Rockslide:

Accidentally hit this thread (I like Cyke, but rarely go the fan pages). Then I started scrolling it and saw this pict. This has to be one of my favorite pictures. It says some so much and gets the warms.