Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Ultimate Cyclops was solar-powered, he was kinda like a battery. So, no Punch Dimension.
    He was on Banshee, Ultimate version of MGH. He gained flight, super strength and hearing, he could attack Jean on astral plane o.O, survive in space, control his beams and fire them from hands if he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    His power set was basically the same (except iirc he was solar powered whereas I don't think 616 is). What happened was he ended up taking some mutant power-enhancing drug called Banshee and it caused the energy he absorbed to also give him flight, super-strength, super-hearing, and the ability to fire his energy blasts through any part of his body.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

...aaaaand then it wore off...
    O.O!!! HA!!! Proof!!! Proof that Cyke has more umph than Marvel gives him credit for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Ultimate Cyclops was solar-powered, he was kinda like a battery. So, no Punch Dimension.
    He was on Banshee, Ultimate version of MGH. He gained flight, super strength and hearing, he could attack Jean on astral plane o.O, survive in space, control his beams and fire them from hands if he wanted.
    O.O!!!! Okay, so basically he has the powers except they don't come out because he's not powerful enough to have them? That makes no sense but then again Ultimate universe never did.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    His power set was basically the same (except iirc he was solar powered whereas I don't think 616 is). What happened was he ended up taking some mutant power-enhancing drug called Banshee and it caused the energy he absorbed to also give him flight, super-strength, super-hearing, and the ability to fire his energy blasts through any part of his body.
    So basically they turned him into Superman but more powerful since he doesn't have any weaknesses except that it runs out?
    Last edited by ladyofthelake; 06-13-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    The moral of this story is don't do drugs? Or only use them if you're a nazi?
    And only if they are steroids.

The amazing James Marsden on Ally McBeal, this man can sing!!!

Nothing Too Serious

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    The amazing James Marsden on Ally McBeal, this man can sing!!!

-video-
    He sings old-timey big band? Like I needed another reason to think this man is classy as heck. He better not get cheated on in this show. XD

You ever wonder if there's an alternate universe out there where X-Men: The Last Stand is not remembered for it's abysmal plot, writing, direction, and characterizations, but for the bizarre but charming decision to turn it into a musical?

Also:

I directly blame this video for ruining this moment for me:
    Holidayspecial2004.jpg
    Ever-ready to elaborate upon absurd hypotheticals.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

I've just finished Amagami SS and I have a theory on how Jott turned out the way it did: The US hates childhood friends as much as Japan does. See also: The Flash TV series.

Fanfiction time ! This is my first fanfiction. Not just here, but ever. Hope you guys like it.
    One year after the events of x-men apocalypse:
    “Come on, concentrate. It’s like you are not even trying.” Scott said to Jean after winning the third chess game in a row.
    Scott was sitting in a chair, Jean in a sofa and a chessboard between them. Storm and Kurt were doing homeworks far in the hall. Jubilee and Peter were sleeping in their chairs.
    “That’s because I’m not. This is boring. Why can’t we play baseball or something ?” Jean asked.
    “Because it’s raining heavily outside ?”
    “Ororo can make it sunny.”
    “No I can’t.” Ororo Munro aka Storm said from the sofa, without looking up from the maths homework she was doing. She was annoyed. She was trying to solve the three problems since the morning but was still unsuccessful. Not because she wasn’t intelligent. But because she only had basic education before coming to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. That was like throwing a fourth grader directly to tenth grade.
    Even so she was catching quick and was much better than Kurt, who was sitting opposite her and doing his history homework, maths and science completely undone.
    “You can. You just won’t.” Jean complained.
    “I won’t because nature is not my personal playground.” Professor had taught her that. Just because she could control the weather did not mean she should do it for every little thing that bothered her. Nature needed to be respected.
    “Since when did you become teacher’s pet ? One Scott Summers is enough.” Jean said.
    “Shut up.” Storm retorted.
    “Both of you shut up. I’m trying to do some work here.” Kurt Wagner aka Nightcrawler said, his head bent over on the books.
    “You are on the same page for the last hour.” Storm said.
    The noise made Jubilee and Peter to wake up.
    “Damn you ! Can’t you let me sleep ?” Jubilee said, rubbing her eyes.
    “It’s almost 2 pm. This is no time to sleep.” Scott said monotonously.
    Jubilee frowned but didn’t say anything.
    “I’m hungry.” Peter declared ignoring everyone.
    Everyone ignored him.
    “Why don’t you play with the professor ?”
    “Because he is not here ?”
    Professor, Hank and Raven, all three of them were gone to recruit some students and had made Scott in charge. At least that’s what they told him. But he knew that they were gone to save some mutants from whoever and whatever doing them harm. He wanted to go with them or wanted to lead his team to the rescue. But they still treated him like a child. ‘You are not ready. Your team is not ready.’ The words still rung in his ears.
    “I’m sure he can make a psychic connection.”
    “I’m sure he has better things to do. Okay, if you don’t want to play this then we can all go to danger room and practice.”
    This was met with a loud and lazy “NOOOO” from everybody.
    After a few moments Jean said “Okay. I know how to make this exiting. We’ll make a bet.”
    “A bet ? I’m in.” Peter said standing up and coming closer to Jean and Scott.
    “What do you mean ?” asked Jean.
    “Meaning I’ll help you win against Scott.”
    Suddenly an energy blast occurred in front of Scott.

Jean nearly fell from the sofa. Storm and Kurt both jumped. Only Peter and Scott were unmoved.
    “Damn it ! You didn’t move an inch.” Jubilee said to Scott. Clearly she wanted to scare him.
    Scott just shrugged. He knew she was going to do something like that. He knew the second he had made that sleeping comment and saw the frown on her face. From that moment on his eyes were on her. He saw how slowly she came near him without Jean noticing a thing or anyone else for that matter. She was good at that. Hiding and moving without anyone noticing. Also good at pranks and scarring the hell out of people with her energy blasts. Peter wasn’t scared because he saw everything in slow motion, he had mentioned that to Scott once. ‘Must be pretty boring way to live’, Scott had commented.
    “I’m in by the way.” Jubilee said.
    “Me too !” Storm and Kurt both said together as they came near Jean and sat beside her.
    “You are all going play against me ?” Scott asked.
    “Yes.” came the reply.
    “Together ?”
    “Yes.”
    “Fine. If I win we practice in danger room twice a day, everyday. Without exceptions, without excuses.”
    “Deal. But if we win everyone gets what they want. For me, I want you to pay for every pizza I order for the whole month.” Peter said.
    Scott had predicted Peter would want something like that.
    “You do both mine and Kurt’s homework for the next two weeks.” Storm said. This would make both of them very happy. Today was a holiday and still they had to do homework because only they were behind.
    “I want to ride your bike.” Jubilee said.
    Scott would have let her ride it if she had just asked. Scott had inherited all the money and properties of his brother after his death. This included a sports bike and a sports car.
    “I want you to kiss me in front of the whole school for 2 minutes.” Jean said.
    That made all the thoughts in Scott’s head to vanish. He just looked at Jean completely frozen. Everyone looked from Jean to Scott. Jean’s face was completely expressionless. Then suddenly, everyone started to laugh except for Jean and Scott.
    “Wait. Why would you want to kiss Scott ? Is he your boyfriend or something ?” Kurt said mockingly.
    Kurt had never seen them kissing. Even though Jean and Scott had started dating six months ago. This was due to the fact that Scott was very shy about public displays of affection. So he started mocking them for it. Some his jokes were good, some lame. This was one of the lame.
    “So Mr. Summers, deal or not ?” Jean said ignoring Kurt’s comment.
    “Deal.” Scott said after his shock was over. He had them right where he wanted.
    “So let’s begin.” Storm said starting to rearrange the chess pieces.
    The game started. And everyone soon realized what was going to happen. Still they were giving suggestions to Jean. If you can call shouting loudly suggestions. “move the rook there.” “The rook ? She should be moving the knight.” “Not there! There.”Jean was discussing and shouting at the same time and soon forgot who was telling what. Scott even let them undo a few moves. He was calm. Really calm.
    The game was in the last stages when everyone on Jean’s team started slowly realising that they were never going to win in a million years. The noise slowly started to die down and in the end no one was speaking anything and Jean made her moves however she wanted.
    It was then Scott started speaking.
    “You thought you were going to team up against me. That five against one were very good chances.” He made his move.
    “Well, let me tell you something. This is a game of strategy. And only one person should make strategy.”Jean made her move silently.
    “You lost the second you thought that more persons would give you an advantage.”Jean made the only move that was possible.
    Scott moved his knight and said “Checkmate.”
    Jean flashed her eyes. She didn’t say anything, but Scott could see that she was very angry. Which he thought was normal, he knew that Jean was a bit of short tempered. But then he saw her eyes, her eyes that didn’t look quite….human.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    I've just finished Amagami SS and I have a theory on how Jott turned out the way it did: The US hates childhood friends as much as Japan does. See also: The Flash TV series.
    Read the manga, seen the anime but never played the game (couldn't find an english translation) but if your talking about Rihoko I can't say I am unhappy. I just never liked her much she felt a bit too needy. On the other hand if you are talking Kaoru then yeah, I fully agree. She (and Ai and Hibiki) were the best of Amagami in my opinion.

BANNED

Well in the flash I'm sure Iris doesn't have many fans, she ain't even best Girl. And Barry keeps running himself into the friendzone.

And chillin, great fic! It's a good reason to never beat Jean at chess, or anything

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    Read the manga, seen the anime but never played the game (couldn't find an english translation) but if your talking about Rihoko I can't say I am unhappy. I just never liked her much she felt a bit too needy. On the other hand if you are talking Kaoru then yeah, I fully agree. She (and Ai and Hibiki) were the best of Amagami in my opinion.
    Kaoru is definitely best girl for me, but Rihoko is very underappreciated IMO. I don't think she is needy, she just has quirks. At any rate, not 'winning' in her own route is just ridiculous.

Now that I think about it, someone like Kaoru would probably get along well with Tyeclops.

Well in the flash I'm sure Iris doesn't have many fans, she ain't even best Girl. And Barry keeps running himself into the friendzone.
    I miss Patty

BANNED

Kaoru is definitely best girl for me, but Rihoko is very underappreciated IMO. I don't think she is needy, she just has quirks. At any rate, not 'winning' in her own route is just ridiculous.

Now that I think about it, someone like Kaoru would probably get along well with Tyeclops.

I miss Patty
    We all do, she was best Girl all the way. I think the actress got a better job and that's why the character left.
    Now there's the pressing question, how to turn Iris into best Girl? Well that doesn't simply happen...

We all do, she was best Girl all the way. I think the actress got a better job and that's why the character left.
    Now there's the pressing question, how to turn Iris into best Girl? Well that doesn't simply happen...
    It funny that it seems that Barry gets shipped with all the girls except Iris.

And talking about this, what do you about Tyke dating Miss Martian ?.

I miss Patty
    Patty was annoying. Not as annoying as Iris, but still. . .

Barry doesn't need a GF. . .