Page 541 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 4144149153153753853954054154254354454555159164110411541 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 33258
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Oh, I forgot. Ahem.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
    Next cover will consist of Cyke freaking the hell out once he realizes Xorna set him/them up so she could find out which one she'd start dating.

So what do you all think of their supposed choices for a young Scott Summers? Out of the three, who do you all think fits best?
    http://comicbook.com/2014/11/19/x-me...comers-for-cy/

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Is that Uncanny cover meant to stimulate a Spiderverse vibe or something? Cyke must rise where his alternate versions have fallen! Dun, dun, dun!

I would totally buy a Summers Family Spiderverse-like thing. Would love to see Cyke meet his currently still alive alternate versions as well as meeting many of his alternate reality children and Cable and Rachel feeling possessive towards 616 Cyclops if the other kids try to get too close him.

Of the 3 Cyclops actors, I'd go with Rowe. He looks like a nice guy. Ironically, it's something about his eyes.

Moretz has already done Dark Phoenix. She was Carrie II, wasn't she?

Elle's done red hair before.

The other one? No. Just... No.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    Swoosh.

CYCLOPS #10
    JOHN LAYMAN (W)
    JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    •Out of the fire, and into the frying pan. Or, more precisely, out of spaceship full of pirate killers and into the alien jungle filled with giant hungry space monsters!
    •Cyclops and Corsair are reunited at last, but will they survive long enough to survive their touching reunion?
    •Oh, and what’s that strange ticking noise? Could it be coming from the nearby superweapon capable of DESTROYING ENTIRE GALAXIES?

UNCANNY X-MEN #32
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • Chris Bachalo (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    • CYCLOPS at a crossroads! Magneto…Matthew Malloy…the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier…AXIS…all of these pivotal events have driven this already tempestuous mutant to the edge of disaster.
    • Will Scott Summers save himself from ruin or will he make that fateful leap?!

What the hell is a "cosmicly enhanced variant"?
    Love this cover. I guess the solicit also spoils that Cyclops will survive AXIS, which is a given, but I know some did speculate he would die at the end. I think maybe the aftermath of AXIS will set him up to play a part in Secret Wars. He was shown on one of the main covers with O5 Jean Grey. Maybe he'll get a chance to meet some of his AU versions like 92 X-men and AOA. He's gone through so much upheaval that he's kind of at a crossroads. I can see him going any number of directions. He could either descend deeper into the role of a mutant revolutionary or he could start recapturing some of those old boy scout traits that he hasn't had since the pre-Morrison days. I get the sense that Marvel will keep him a revolutionary, but he's going to try and temper some of his rhetoric from before. After AXIS, he probably won't have a choice.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

When they cast ANYONE to play Cyclops, I hope the director is smart enough to make them perform every line with sunglasses on. Preferably they will make sure there is actual romantic chemistry between the actors playing Scott and Jean as well, since that chemistry is kind of important to the characters. The last thing I want to see is something like Anakin and Padme (how am I supposed to believe that he betrays everyone over a woman it looks like he can't stand to be in the same room with?).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Preferably they will make sure there is actual romantic chemistry between the actors playing Scott and Jean as well, since that chemistry is kind of important to the characters.
    Kind of important?

Kind of important?
    Seeing as how they are most likely going to be background characters, yes. If they ever want to try and tell a story about the two of them, then it becomes the second most important thing (right after making sure whoever plays Scott can emote through the glasses).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Seeing as how they are most likely going to be background characters, yes. If they ever want to try and tell a story about the two of them, then it becomes the second most important thing (right after making sure whoever plays Scott can emote through the glasses).
    This is most important. And the visor if he wears one, it often covers even more of the face than glasses do.

About Jean and Scott, the pair has too much baggage for me to want them together. I would prefer for them to go another route. Can you guess who?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Of the 3 Cyclops actors, I'd go with Rowe. He looks like a nice guy. Ironically, it's something about his eyes.
    Agreed. I'm liking Rowe the most out of the options, something about him seems like the best fit.

Moretz has already done Dark Phoenix. She was Carrie II, wasn't she?
    Carrie III actually lol there was a not so great made for TV pilot with a cast in their 30's playing highschool kids. I actually liked Chloe in Carrie though and she's my top pick out of the actresses for Jean.

Elle's done red hair before.
    Oh nooo, I like Elle but not for Jean.

The other one? No. Just... No.
    Right there with ya.

Agreed, they're going to need a strong actor who can convey his emotions without using most of his face.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Today's Issue...not sure about this one. spoilers:
    Scott was talking like Magneto and Magneto like Scott
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Honestly going with a relative unknown might be a good idea. How well-known was Chris Reeves pre-Superman, or Jackman pre-Wolverine, or Hemsworth pre-Thor, or Hiddleston pre-Loki, etc? The fact that they're looking at these particular actors/actresses makes me believe that it won't be a one-movie thing. They want performers who can literally grow into these roles, both age and acting-wise. Which would make sense since how much longer Jackman is going to be playing Wolverine is a bit unclear, as is whether of not Fassbender, MacAvoy, and Lawrence will come back post-Apocalypse (when their FC contracts will be up).

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Today's Issue...not sure about this one. spoilers:
    Scott was talking like Magneto and Magneto like Scott
    end of spoilers
    I got that feeling too. And the events surrounding AXIS sure didn't help. I'm starting to think that Bendis is trying to set him up for another major turning point. Maybe that'll happen with Secret Wars. Maybe that'll happen at another event down the line. But I'm starting to feel like he's getting too close to the same position he was in during Avengers vs. X-men. That did not end well for him. I don't know if it could get much worse, but Marvel always seems to push the envelope when it comes to Cyclops.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

UNCANNY X-MEN #32
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • Chris Bachalo (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    • CYCLOPS at a crossroads! Magneto…Matthew Malloy…the Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier…AXIS…all of these pivotal events have driven this already tempestuous mutant to the edge of disaster.
    • Will Scott Summers save himself from ruin or will he make that fateful leap?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So, any guesses to who it was that took a bite out of that one Cykes undies.
    Wolvie! (Or possibly Maddie. I always made her for a biter, too.) And I get that it's supposed to be about Cyke pulling himself back from the brink bu it does look as if all the Cykes from all the AUs have got together and then worn themselves out after a particularly vigorous and narcissistic orgy there, but that could just be my warped perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    So what do you all think of their supposed choices for a young Scott Summers? Out of the three, who do you all think fits best?
    http://comicbook.com/2014/11/19/x-me...comers-for-cy/
    None of them really look like my idea of Cyke but it's always hard to tell before people are cast what they're going to do with a role. Definitely like Rowe the best out of those three, looking at IMDB pics.

When they cast ANYONE to play Cyclops, I hope the director is smart enough to make them perform every line with sunglasses on. Preferably they will make sure there is actual romantic chemistry between the actors playing Scott and Jean as well, since that chemistry is kind of important to the characters. The last thing I want to see is something like Anakin and Padme (how am I supposed to believe that he betrays everyone over a woman it looks like he can't stand to be in the same room with?).
    Agree with you on both points. Being able to act with your mouth/jaw/cheekbones when you're used to using your eyes to convey emotion isn't an easy gig, especially for a young actor, and it really matters that Jean and Cyke have onscreen chemistry.

editing to add:

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I really would like to know what their pathological need to refer to Cyclops by his full name in this book is all about? You've known him for years, just call him Scott, or Cyclops.
    That really pulled me out of the issue in that scene. Do Beast and Storm know so many 'Scott's that they have to qualify the Cyke version with 'Summers' every time? It's not like Tyke has a different surname. If they want to be depicted as emotionally divorced from the guy who was once their friend why not just call him 'Summers'? Did Wolvie leave a red-penned list of 'Names Only I Am Allowed To Call Cyke Even From The Afterlife' or something and the only one he didn't have on the list is "Scott Summers"?
    Last edited by DakenGirl; 11-19-2014 at 10:58 AM.

I wonder how long Magik is going to keep Cyclops waiting on those $30 pancakes?