Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I wouldn't have Cyke's return have anything to do with the Phoenix Force; instead, I would mirror Jean's return, by opening on Scott living a normal life, he'd be married to a brunette, with two kids. The X-Men would be seen watching him, and someone would comment to Jean that they had been through this before. However, the reader would eventually learn that this "Scott" is actually just a simple man, and that the X-Men have been dealing with someone or something pouring Scott's memories into dozens of minds. They expect this new guy to be like the others and that they just need to approach him so that Jean can sort out his memories; unfortunately for them, this guy is former military (or something) and so with Scott's memories and tactics, he successfully runs from them. This sets up a chase for the remainder of the book and... that's all I've got so far.
    That would be an interesting way to go. I mean we already had a fake Cyke, so what's one more. Love this idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Bunn said Venom and Scott will be friends for a long time, and slowly start having him join more and more with the X-men, Jean could be the catalyst of this, and later, in an event have him join the X-men for good.
    Is that Tyke who is going to be friends with Venon? That is such a weird friendship.

The important part in this is that it can't be rushed, in a fanfic you have the advantage of being able of showing this in just a few sentences, but in the comics it would, at least, take a short 12 issues comic, preferably a solo, to show the time they are apart, and in here the effects of Tyke's time in the present in Cyke's life can be explored.

Fixing the rift in an scenario like in your other fic, Down the Valley of Elah, that's another thing, I guess it mostly depends on what you intend to do with his health, but I guess it would mostly be something like Gillen's ideas for UXM vol 3, with a revolution ending with a fight against the other branch of the X-men with Cyclops winning and Emma betraying him, after that he didn't wrote but you could have the revolution going too far and Scott siding with the JGS against Emma
    I couldn't agree more. As much as I love the idea of the X-Men falling to their knees and begging Scott to forgive them, that is just never going to happen. No matter how right Scott could be problem. It's more of my own mental fantasy, lol!! Certainly in Down the Valley of Elah you won't see any of that. One of the hardest things I had to do before writing that story was getting into the mental headspace that the rest of the X-Men had valid reasons for their anger. That Cap and the Avengers had valid reasons for their actions. That some things can't be forgiven, or forgotten. Some scars run too deep. The idea for the story, while it is about Scott being acquitted in a trial, it's about the fact that being found innocent/not guilty doesn't necessarily absolve you.

In contrast to that, while Prayer for the Dying is also another AvX Consequences AU, it is a much darker concept. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil it, but it deals more with survival and what happens when the worst does and you're still alive. I wanted to deal with a Scott on his own and who is he or isn't. We haven't seen this enough in the comics and I really wish they would try it. I love the complexities about these situations, about forgiveness and learning to forgive yourself, which is a theme of my stories. Because let's face it, everyone and their mother could forgive Scott and tell him it's not his fault, but we all know that's not how he rolls.

Btw, with Beast I don't see any way shape or form to fix that relationship, it would take lots of years of ignoring the issue so that readers mostly forget about it and then act like it didn't happen, because unlike with everyone else, where it was shown that deep down they still considered him family, even Wolverine, beast relationship with every X-men was broken without repair
    I'm giving it up as a lost cause. This Hank is so far removed from the Hank I adored that I can't even reconcile the two. There would have to be a lot of dealing, not just with Hank but with everyone else, about everything Hank did. The fact that no one ever called him on it, or rather, really called him on it when he was being all self-rightous and high and mighty with everyone else . . . sigh. I guess there is a way. I confrontation with a Emma in a bad mood and she would do a mental the equivalent of what she did with Charles but worse. It needs to be someone that could go there.

BANNED

Still on the subject of Scott and Nathan. Here are some sweet moments between father and son.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Does anyone remember any more panels?

One of my favorite Cable costume was the one he wore in homage of Scott

Cable+82.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One of my favorite Cable costume was the one he wore in homage of Scott
    Yes!!!

The Search for Cyclops! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    I'm giving it up as a lost cause. This Hank is so far removed from the Hank I adored that I can't even reconcile the two. There would have to be a lot of dealing, not just with Hank but with everyone else, about everything Hank did. The fact that no one ever called him on it, or rather, really called him on it when he was being all self-rightous and high and mighty with everyone else . . . sigh. I guess there is a way. I confrontation with a Emma in a bad mood and she would do a mental the equivalent of what she did with Charles but worse. It needs to be someone that could go there.
    Beast was at least partially redeemable until Bendis got his hands on him, it feels like he had some specific plan but never got to finish it, because he made the classic breaking down and later putting back together only that he never got the second part, he was basically exiled from the team, the whole post secret wars era he was with the inhumans, now he is with the avengers, if after "The Trial of Hank McCoy" he had attempted to repent with time he could have gone back, but he didn't change at all, he is basically a petulant child, and he used to be one of my favourites, he went from being the lightharted smart guy who was friend with everyone to risking the entirety of space and time to attempt to hurt who used to be his best friend and being one of the few people in the history of the universe to have a watcher talk to him directly, and it was to tell him he disgusted him. It really feels like the writers have given up on him directly, at least with Scarlet Witch we had writers telling the readers to get over it (which is dumb, but at least they are trying something, the way they did it was as bad as when they compared the genocidal inhuman cloud and all the people it had killed to peanuts allergies, to somehow maintain that "Scott" was mutant Hitler for destroying it).
    In a lot of ways it feels like Bendis had a lot of future plots being built and he made a terrible job of ending them with UXM 600, the final issues of Bendis' Xmen were really bad, it was obvious that they were rushed with the whole Secret wars event, Marvel loved doing that (apparently for what they said they learned better now) the same happened to Gillen with AvX they ended his run before time and a lot of plots had to be dropped

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yes!!!

The Search for Cyclops! Thank you!!
    Thank you for sharing these!! Found some more!!

We dont talk about Stryfe. Worst Summers creation ever...

BANNED

BANNED

Baby Nathan Christopher Charles Summers...

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Beast was at least partially redeemable until Bendis got his hands on him, it feels like he had some specific plan but never got to finish it, because he made the classic breaking down and later putting back together only that he never got the second part, he was basically exiled from the team, the whole post secret wars era he was with the inhumans, now he is with the avengers, if after "The Trial of Hank McCoy" he had attempted to repent with time he could have gone back, but he didn't change at all, he is basically a petulant child, and he used to be one of my favourites, he went from being the lightharted smart guy who was friend with everyone to risking the entirety of space and time to attempt to hurt who used to be his best friend and being one of the few people in the history of the universe to have a watcher talk to him directly, and it was to tell him he disgusted him.
    That whole plot was so . . . well, it had potential, I just never got where he wanted to go with it. For me, all those Summer events really messed up with his plotting. And yeah, I was waiting for some redemption but now it's like they are just pretending that it never happened. Or they think that if they hide Hank long enough, us fans might forget that he sided against his own people not once but not twice with people that would have happily and accidentally, committed genocide. Ugh.

It really feels like the writers have given up on him directly, at least with Scarlet Witch we had writers telling the readers to get over it (which is dumb, but at least they are trying something, the way they did it was as bad as when they compared the genocidal inhuman cloud and all the people it had killed to peanuts allergies, to somehow maintain that "Scott" was mutant Hitler for destroying it).
    Ugh, another character that should had gotten a redemption arc instead of standing on the grave of Charles Xavier and being all high and mighty against someone whose actions were to protect his people, unlike her that was throwing a tantrum. Ugh!! Now I'm tempted to work on one of my many AvX AU stories where the Avengers succeeded in "destroying" the Phoenix on the moon with Stark's penis extension. :-p

In a lot of ways it feels like Bendis had a lot of future plots being built and he made a terrible job of ending them with UXM 600, the final issues of Bendis' Xmen were really bad, it was obvious that they were rushed with the whole Secret wars event, Marvel loved doing that (apparently for what they said they learned better now) the same happened to Gillen with AvX they ended his run before time and a lot of plots had to be dropped
    I wonder if they had given him more time what he would had ended up doing. We'll never know now. I heard he's doing well were he is now. Secret Wars really killed a lot of good stuff and characters. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We dont talk about Stryfe. Worst Summers creation ever...
    <.< , >.> I actually liked him in the X-Cutioner's Song. And I really know him more in fanfiction and I guess that's why I like him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    :-D

LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Token. I said it was a token, not that Disney had anything, directly anyway to do with it. The guy works for Disney, and before they decided to get Fox, there was this unspoken but very public cold war between them. Disney would never would had allowed the guy to work with Fox, especially on these movies. They would have threatened his place at Disney and SW Rebels. The guy would never had risked his job and possibly being blacklisted either. Disney *had* to sign on with this idea.

At that point Fox and Disney were in negotiations, so yeah, this was done by Fox but with Disney's blessing.
    No. No no no. Just no. Kinberg has been on X-Men movies since the beginning. Him being the director of the next movie has nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with Disney/Fox merger whatsoever.

Not destroyed, ruined. Marvel Studios created it, Disney took it to the next level, then they locked it down to the point they choked the creativity of directors and writers that may had wanted to work with them at one point or another. Or did and swore never to do it again. The MCU has gone from making excellent movies as the standard to making them accidentally maybe once every two years. Their quality has gone down and turned into overly bloated films with none of the wonderful essence that made them great in the first place.
    Ruined by making huge critical and commercial successes after successes? James Gunn, The Russos, Jon Watts, Taika Waititi, Rian Johnson-ask any of these directors, they'll tell you that Disney has given a lot of freedom to them, and it shows abundantly in the final product. Their movies have their signature signed all over them.

I don't consider Disney evil incarnate. I consider the fact that their CEO has an agenda, has pushed that agenda down the ranks and every corner of their media has suffered for it. As long as this guy in the head of Disney, then I'm staying well away from any Disney production because I'm so sick of politics/social justice activism infecting everything I watch and read. I can't even enjoy a reality show without it being shoved down my throat. So no, I don't consider them evil incarnate, I consider them shortsighted and with the amount of money they have lost since they started with all this, well, that more than anything speaks for itself.
    That is not much different than thinking it's pure evil incarnate. I just don't see this so called SJW shoved down my throat.

Not destroy. Where did I say they destroyed anything? Disney's CEO had an agenda, he pushed that agenda down the ranks and that spread throughout every corner and company they owned. And yes, Marvel Comics is in that much trouble. How do we know that . . . simple, they're dialing down on all the social justice activism in the comics. If they were doing okay, not great, but just okay, they wouldn't had bent on that.
    *sigh* It makes me sad that X-Men fans complain about such things. You guys know what X-Men are about, right?

Sigh, I never said that they gave us a good Cyclops, only that, considering how Marvel Comics has treated Cyclops, that they were our last change of having a decent Cyclops. I hope I'm wrong and Disney/Marvel Comics does right by us, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Well, Fox is the last place to look for decent Cyclops. Freaking Tyke at his worse would probably be better than Fox Cyke at his best.