Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    Thank you.

Bendis' All New X-Men was my last attempt at getting into the X-Men proper, I got the first 3 HC volumes (issues #1-#15) and just gave up after that. I liked the concept of the O5 time travelling to the present and meeting their future selves and I thought it was something that couldn't go on forever and that it must have an endgame (silly me ).
    This sounds familiar.

Honestly, I thought the idea of bringing the 05 to the future was the dumbest Idea ever heard. So much Shark jumping... but I liked classic X-factor so I gave it a try. I REALLY liked it. But it REALLY had shelf life. I stuck with it a bit longer, 1st 4 HCs and Battle of the Atom. By then they broke up the team, changed their costumes and made it clear they weren't going back REGARDLESS of the threat to the timestream... so I shut it down.

VERY good start... Went WAY too long.

When Cyke tries to calm himself.

Unfortunately it fails
    by Squidbiscuit

Last edited by borismortys; 11-29-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post

Unfortunately it fails
    by Squidbiscuit

PREDATOR ALERT!

And Cyke used to call himself baby?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Looks like the gif is from Pryde of the X-Men but I couldn't resist posting this. Oh, the voice actors! And Wolverine at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post

Unfortunately it fails

Its from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends episode "The X-Men Adventure". The X-Mansion's defenses are turned against the heroes and they have to face traps designed around their fears.
    In Cyclops's case they went with Scott having a fear of "losing his sight"....and put him in a dark room! Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cyke's trial starts at the 14 min mark....
    http://dai.ly/xbjpq?start=840

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    In Cyclops's case they went with Scott having a fear of "losing his sight"....and put him in a dark room! Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Ah, the early 80s.

-0-0-0-

"Set course for the sixth planet of this star system. We should be able to wait out our rendezvous inside those rings I heard about." Vileena Malafect had already gone past counting the money this deal would offer her, and looking forward to the revenge that money was promising. Visions of killing the Starjammers one by one in front of Scott danced in her head. If only she was good at making things last, but normally her rage made such displays quick. Well, at least making things quick prevented most chances to escape her wrath, something her father had not learned before his death. She would indulge herself just this once, she promised, then would just kill the rest of her enemies quickly rather than take the risks associated with seeking revenge.

"Captain! The prisoner has escaped!" A panicked voice shouted over the intercom.

"How? I left more than enough guards to deal with him." Maybe she shouldn't have indulged even once. Best to correct that mistake now. "Don't bother capturing him, just kill him."

"He appears to have a hostage"

Idiots. Must she manage even the small details? "Merely one less person to split the take with. Shoot through them, you fool!"

A different voice came over the comm system. Kratyr's deep and gravelly tones added new details. "It isn't a hostage, merely the body of the female he was locked up with."

Was he some kind of sentimentalist? A fatal flaw for a pirate. Before she could speak the ship rocked from an explosion. "Have we been found? Where did that come from?"

Kratyr answered before the bridge crew could process the details. "Inside the ship, captain. It seems his identity wasn't the only thing he was holding back from us. That kid just blew a hole into space through multiple decks in one go. Pursuing now. He has no method of maneuvering out there even if he did recover his suit"

Vileena knew Scott's eyes held a great deal of power behind them, but she never realized those lasers of his were on the scale of an anti-ship weapon. Realization suddenly dawned on her as she remembered him propelling the Sh'iar Accipters backwards with the force of his beams. "No, Kratyr! He's luring you outside! He can still maneuver!" She directed her next orders to the bridge crew. "Fire the outside weaponry back up! If he gets too far away end him. And get a team out there to cover the bind spot over the engines!" It was nearly impossible to get decent cover at the engines of a ship, especially that close. If he really had the scale of power just revealed, it would be simple for him to cripple the Desolation from his vantage. Definitely kill him now.

A few moments later even worse news came over the comms. "Captain! He's propelling himself FORWARD!"

"What!"

Sure enough, in seconds Scott, and that corpse of his former girlfriend appeared in the viewport. They heard a heavy clanging sound inside the ship as he fired a magnetic grappel line to keep himself in relative position of the bridge. The moment of worry passed quickly as she saw Kratyr's rocky form go slightly past him, then manage a stop.

"Close the blast shields over the bridge you fools!"

Her crew seemed to be moving in slow motion, perhaps stunned momentarily as Scott's voice came over the comm system.

"Thanks for chasing after us, Kratyr." He said, giving her a mocking salute before turning to face the hulking alien. "This wouldn't have worked nearly so well without you here." What this was was quickly demonstrated as he blasted Kratyr, bouncing the bolt off of the rocky hide and through the viewport, while simultaneously propelling himself through the hole just before the blast shield came down.

"KILL HIM!!!" Vileena drew her sword, intent on running Scott through while he was dealing with the rest of the bridge crew. A crew he was dispatching with relative speed, bouncing those bolts of his and taking out multiple people simultaneously. She was preparing to strike when her arm jerked slightly from a swift impact to her blade. She stopped for a moment and stared, trying to process two things that her mind couldn't take in alone, much less together. The first, that her blade had been sliced in half like it was made of a much softer material, and second, that it had been done by someone she had emptied a heavy particle pistol into. A woman who now stood between her and killing Scott, two silvery blades extending from each hand and a mask of rage on her face. The claws retracted into her hands, and the blows began to rain down. This couldn't be happening. Not so close to achieving everything....

"I think you can stop wailing on her and just tie her up." Scott mentioned to the woman who was pummeling her. He began to sit down in the captains chair. HER chair.

"She is still conscious." The slight pause in the blows stopped, and shortly after so did consciousness.

---------------

"You owe me for this." Laura was not in a good mood, and being shot wasn't the primary reason. Being called 'Jean' bothered her more than it should, she realized, but that didn't change the fact that it did.

Scott wasn't listening to the tone, concentrating more on looking over the controls in the captain's chair and talking himself through an attempt to guess the password. "Let's see..." he muttered "Knowing what I do about Vileena her password is most likely...." He tapped on some keys, being answered with an angry sounding beep.."And the second guess is.." This time a more agreeable sound came from the control panel.

She was getting angrier, but pushed the feeling down and concentrated on the mission. "I have disarmed and restrained all of them."

He flashed his 'I-have-an-idea' smirk at her, and pressed a key on the panel. "Ladies, gentlemen, and crew of the Desolation, this is your new acting Captain speaking. Miss Malafect is currently indisposed, and I am, on my own authority, implementing one of the captain's anti-mutiny protocols. Please proceed to the closest crew quarters in the next 90 seconds as all atmosphere in the corridors and working areas of the vessel will be ejected into space. Thank you for choosing to fly with Starjammer spacelines."

He turned towards her and flashed a nervous smile. It wasn't helping. "Is there a recorder here?" she asked. "Please turn it on."

"Um, why?"

"Because no one will ever believe I could realistically say these words."

"Which are?"

"Leave the attempts at humor to me."

-0-0-0-
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-30-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    -0-0-0-
    The answer to the age old question of which is worse: Calling out the wrong name in bed, or your psycho EX calling out the wrong name while trying to kill your current girlfriend.

Scott, ya gonna need to pull out the stops to remedy this.

Quick, what would please Laura better? Chocolates? 2 hours of sparring? Anything?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott, ya gonna need to pull out the stops to remedy this.

Quick, what would please Laura better? Chocolates? 2 hours of sparring? Anything?
    2 hours of sparring and a pat to the head

Spectacular Member

Love the fic as always Lensman. Thanks for posting.

I do have one question regarding the below part:

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    -0-0-0-

He turned towards her and flashed a nervous smile. It wasn't helping. "Is there a recorder here? Please turn it on."

"Um, why?"

"Because no one will ever believe I could realistically say these words."

"Which are?"

"Leave the attempts at humor to me."

-0-0-0-
    @bolded: Who said the bolded dialog? Scott or Laura? I got confused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    Love the fic as always Lensman. Thanks for posting.

I do have one question regarding the below part:

@bolded: Who said the bolded dialog? Scott or Laura? I got confused.
    Dialog following an action belongs to whoever performs the action. So if Scott is the one turning and making the smile, it's his dialogue.

I'll have to correct that - it was meant to be Laura since it is her PoV in the last part, and the next two as well.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-30-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Tyke comes tomorrow... How's your hype level?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Tyke comes tomorrow... How's your hype level?
    Guarded/Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'