Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Actually the only thing that is canon is that what Cyclops did was something that was rather big, really bad and very public.
    Doesnt seem odd? That since he was younger than 18 he's been raised and cultured to think tactically, two steps ahead and to act in favor of the greater good rather than himself, but did something that would get himself killed as a result and it being so bad that nearly every surviving X-Man to this point hates him? If he's truly dead and gone, others would have gone down with him which makes this all the worse. I'm not buying it. Marvel had best be putting their brightest and most creative minds on this. I wont support crap. But I also cant speak for other that might just for the sake of fandom.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Doesnt seem odd? That since he was younger than 18 he's been raised and cultured to think tactically, two steps ahead and to act in favor of the greater good rather than himself, but did something that would get himself killed as a result and it being so bad that nearly every surviving X-Man to this point hates him? If he's truly dead and gone, others would have gone down with him which makes this all the worse. I'm not buying it. Marvel had best be putting their brightest and most creative minds on this. I wont support crap. But I also cant speak for other that might just for the sake of fandom.
    My theory is that they watch too much left liberal pc media that'd and Fox news would agree with him. So my best bet is that Cyclops either faked his death or planned it along with his resurrection, and with his status as most hated mutant he's gonna do something big that'll shape what happens with the mutant race for the next year, and since he's mutant Hitler and there's nothing worst that they can call him he has nothing to lose, at all

You know, to me, the weirdest thing is that the X-men shattered after that; Colossus became a farmer, Nightcrawler was living in that rundown building, Storm and Magneto are rebuilding their teams just now, Teen Jean (who didnt give up after finding the hell that her life became) apparently said "screw this" and has been posing as a normal human since then.

And those ghost reminds of this...........................

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Given the sales of Uncanny Inhumans so far and Beast's presence, I'm expecting Scott to return in that book (not an X-book) sooner rather than later.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'd hope like hell that the X-Office would fight to prevent that from happening, but given how things have gone since AvX... sigh.

I am prone to having these fictional characters affect me more than it should, so if they do a hack job on Cyclops I'd be extremely pissed.

That idea that Blackbolt and Maximus released the mist solely to attack mutants is ridiculous. What's the motivation behind that..?
    Well, Mist was released to hide Thanos' son in group of new Inhumans. Silly idea, sure, especially when you see how easily Thanos was taken out by Thane and what joke of character Thane is.
    Did they meet up in a field, Twilight style? It's not like he had the means to move a large force of anonymous mutant soldiers to, what? Revenge kill?
    This idea I like a lot. It'd make perfect sense for both groups to beat hell out of each other and cause no harm to civilians. Now, mutant soldiers part... Tbh, Cyclops knows many really powerful telepaths who could win battle with all Inhumans all alone. How long would it take Rachel to send them all to sleep/jump off a cliff Lemings style? Long enough to blink?

Quote Originally Posted by inEden View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, my information is gathered from reading through this very thread, he attacked the Inhumans because they released the Terrigen Mist which kills mutants.

If they did it consciously and not by accident, wouldn't Cyclops have every right to go after them? It is a bit aggressionist but he is rolling a mountain up a bigger mountain.

But since Beast is working with them (to cure the effects of the Terrigen Mist on mutants I assume), does that mean that the Inhumans released it accidentally and Cyclops attacked them with no just cause and thus causing everyone to hate him?
    BlackBolt and Maximus did it consciously, however he is not longer the lider of the inhumans, it is now medusa (I think the world think that it was an accident). thanos was going to destroy Atilan, but when he arrived BlackBolt blow up Atilan and faked his dead, the result was that the terrigen mist were released when the terrigen crystals were destroyed. What blackbolt knew of the effects of the myst is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by inEden View Post
    I am prone to having these fictional characters affect me more than it should, so if they do a hack job on Cyclops I'd be extremely pissed.
    In that case, All-New X-Men is definitely not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    BlackBolt and Maximus did it consciously, however he is not longer the lider of the inhumans, it is now medusa (I think the world think that it was an accident). thanos was going to destroy Atilan, but when he arrived BlackBolt blow up Atilan and faked his dead, the result was that the terrigen mist were released when the terrigen crystals were destroyed. What blackbolt knew of the effects of the myst is unknown.
    Couldn't have. Mutant or those with mutant genes have been exposed to the t-mist in the past with no ill effects. But this is Marvel, and they so do love their retcons, because the two people I know of are victims of retconning themselves, they being Quicksilver and Luna.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Couldn't have. Mutant or those with mutant genes have been exposed to the t-mist in the past with no ill effects. But this is Marvel, and they so do love their retcons, because the two people I know of are victims of retconning themselves, they being Quicksilver and Luna.
    When Pietro exposed various mutants to the terrigen crystals in order to regain their powers a lot of them died. The inhumans only exposed some of their people to the vapors because there was a big chance that the process kill them, so only the chosen with great physical and mental attributes were exposed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    When Pietro exposed various mutants to the terrigen crystals in order to regain their powers a lot of them died. The inhumans only exposed some of their people to the vapors because there was a big chance that the process kill them, so only the chosen with great physical and mental attributes were exposed.
    It means marvel disregarded it's own continuity regarding the inhumans and the mutants. But remember that continuity doesn't matter if it gets in the way of a new story... Or if you're building a fan base that doesn't give a **** about continuity (Tumblr, reddit?) to compliment your hardcore fanbase turning your back on you.
    BTW which group do you think comprehends the majority of the Cyclops fan base (if he truly has any), Tumblr crew, reddit, 4 Chan, comic vine, US, silent majority?

I think this thread and the fact that Cyclops is always high up in polls shows he has fans. I like to believe he has fans. The question is does he have any fans at Marvel. I always read in interviews with Marvel writers how interesting they find Cyclops but in the end they just contrive to milk mainstream popular characters. Even if they have died.

On another note, I love continuity. Sometimes it is a pain (90s X-books with it's bajillion references) but it helps make the world real. I am reading some DC books and they recently have become very loose with continuity so they can tell good stories without being tied down with continuity, in their own words. It is quite jarring for me though.

So looks like Sinister is not over Scott at all.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Don't know what's worse: Sinister reverting back to his old look or Lemire getting Scott's powers wrong, lol.