Page 104 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 33258

Sinister is, I think, the best arch nemesis for an X-Man, and he just happens to be Scott's.
    And thank you, elgrey.

There were some really poignant Scott and Bobby moments in Uncanny X-Men #544. Thinking of that question Punisher007 posed:

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I've never understood why Marvel insists on writing Iceman, one of the FIRST FIVE X-Men, as this underachieving doofus. Especially since so many writers cannot seem to tell the difference between "lovably goofy" and "obnoxiously annoying." It's gotten to the point that I prefer movie Iceman. He may essentially be Cyclops 2.0, but at least Shawn Ashmore is likeable and doesn't make me want to slap him every five minutes.
    There's a sort of answer to that in the first page, third panel down:

I really do hate Schism. I'd be happy for the X-Men to have different bases and go their different ways but Henry, Bobby, and Scott not being friends is never going to feel right to me, and the situation with Warren not really being Warren and it never being discussed just pains my O5-loving heart.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Sinister is such a good villain imo. The stuff he says alone makes you want to hurt him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    Sinister is, I think, the best arch nemesis for an X-Man, and he just happens to be Scott's.
    And thank you, elgrey.
    He is a brilliant villain. Definitely one of my favourites.
    His history with Scott, Remy and occasionally other (like Xavier) just makes him an even better one.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

I agree completely. He's so stylishly and unrepentantly evil and doesn't even bother concealing the fact that he really likes gloating. He's the best villain ever, and it is really nice - although more for us than for Scott - that he has made Scott his particular focus.

And thank you, elgrey.
    You're welcome! I'm sure someone else can give you a more full answer, but those were the panels that sprang to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    He is a brilliant villain. Definitely one of my favourites.
    His history with Scott, Remy and occasionally other (like Xavier) just makes him an even better one.
    I love that it turned out that both Xavier and Scott had Sinister manipulating them and running tests on them through their childhood. I also really liked the argument Xavier and Scott have where we've been following Xavier and can understand exactly why he wants to know if Sinister has left anything in Scott's mind but from Scott's POV he's just furious that Xavier has been mind-manipulating him again but still can't see that there's anything wrong with it.
    Last edited by elgrey; 05-31-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    I love that it turned out that both Xavier and Scott had Sinister manipulating them and running tests on them through their childhood. I also really liked the argument Xavier and Scott have where we've been following Xavier and can understand exactly why he wants to know if Sinister has left anything in Scott's mind but from Scott's POV he's just furious that Xavier has been mind-manipulating him again but still can't see that there's anything wrong with it.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Xavier's redemption arc in X-Men Legacy is the best Xavier-centric stories I've ever read.
    The best Xavier I've read and one of my favourite X-Men arcs.
    The Scott - Xavier face off hit all the right notes for me.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

I really do hate Schism. I'd be happy for the X-Men to have different bases and go their different ways but Henry, Bobby, and Scott not being friends is never going to feel right to me, and the situation with Warren not really being Warren and it never being discussed just pains my O5-loving heart.
    EXCELLENT post! And I couldn't agree more. I'm kind of hoping that Xavier's will and testament will kind of force Cyclops, Hank, Bobby, and Warren (i know) to work together. Kind of like a "We started everything, we should finish it."

Finish it in terms of making things right. Not ending the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    EXCELLENT post! And I couldn't agree more. I'm kind of hoping that Xavier's will and testament will kind of force Cyclops, Hank, Bobby, and Warren (i know) to work together. Kind of like a "We started everything, we should finish it."

Finish it in terms of making things right. Not ending the X-Men.
    I think sometime it will happen, bringing them all back together. A story or circumstance will lead that way. But it may not be for awhile... the longer they stay apart the more significant the reunion will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I think sometime it will happen, bringing them all back together. A story or circumstance will lead that way. But it may not be for awhile... the longer they stay apart the more significant the reunion will be.
    That's true. I'm enjoying Iceman being in UXM recently.. I don't necessarily like how he acted when they got to the JGS a couple issues ago, but I think once he finds out whatever Hank knows, he'll change his tune.

It'll be awhile I think. Bendis does not seem to want to progress the story much. ANXM can be called Jean if he wanted to call it that. UXM isn't moving much either.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    It'll be awhile I think. Bendis does not seem to want to progress the story much. ANXM can be called Jean if he wanted to call it that. UXM isn't moving much either.
    Was this the same speed USM moved at?

BANNED

Sinister just seems to prefer Scott's DNA, and it could also be to do with Scott being the one he met in the past in The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, and so the one he took control over when he was a little boy, but it mostly seems to be that he finds him genetically superior to the others and just looks on Alex as a back up plan.

It seems to be Scott's DNA he remakes himself from when Sinister turns himself into a system.

I think it's also the fact that Scott is the person Sinister most likes to screw with. It gives him more of a thrill than screwing with other people, although Gambit clearly comes a close second, but isn't quite genetically superior enough to be utilized by Sinister as the building blocks for his creepy new system.

Basically a pairing of Scott and Jean create a perfect possible genetic "next" level mutant. Their child would have unlimited potential. His conclusion is they are basically the Adam and Eve of the next evolution of mutants...now he only has an Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Was this the same speed USM moved at?
    It was a good comic, but yeah a little slow for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    More importantly, Scott should be more consistently shirtless:
    I like an entry in TV Tropes in which it was theorized that Scotts clothes seem to be made of weaker material that the other X-Men since he always seem to get the most clothing damage (other than Logan).

Also: http://shirtless-superheroes.blogspo.../label/Cyclops
    Last edited by pandesal; 05-31-2014 at 07:29 PM.

If he was shirtless all the time. Two things would happen. Nothing would ever happen because everyone would be in awe, or the would be massive wars trying to get him.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Sinister just seems to prefer Scott's DNA
    Not just his DNA. Essex thinks Scott has a pretty little mind and used it as a template for his Sinister Kingdom. 'Insanely awesome' about sums it up.