Page 110 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 33258
    Ultimate Member

I'm not even sure that I buy Kitty's reaction there. Hank's, maybe. But I feel like Kitty should have been at least a little more understanding of Logan's position, given their history together.

I find their attitude totally hypocritical. Logan can go out and murder all he wants so long as it doesn't affect their little artificial bubble of non-violence. Had it been Scott, Beast would have already had his bags packed and a quinjet ready to move back into Avengers mansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Really enjoyed the first 1/2 of this anime.
    God I hated the X-men Anime, and I rarely hate anything.
    I had to stop watching 5 or 6 episodes in.
    The animation annoyed me so much that I couldn't enjoy the story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Well, this thread just made me watch the first 7 episodes of X-Men Evolution in a row. Thanks for that.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I find their attitude totally hypocritical. Logan can go out and murder all he wants so long as it doesn't affect their little artificial bubble of non-violence. Had it been Scott, Beast would have already had his bags packed and a quinjet ready to move back into Avengers mansion.
    Maybe it's the perception of mutants to the outside world that the JGS worry about.
    Feel free to steal, destroy and murder as long as you do it out of the public eye.
    But if you make a spectacle of it you're the enemy.
    I wrote this jokingly but now that I think about it this tends to be the motto for most superheroes.
    The villains (or misunderstood heroes ) can do what they want until they get the publics attention.
    Then the X-Men and the Avengers come after them on mass.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 06-03-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

do you guys think the void has possessed Cyclops? That fraction he locked up in his mind. Specially when he was unhinged and vulnerable during Phoenix possession. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by VillanousFiend View Post
    do you guys think the void has possessed Cyclops? That fraction he locked up in his mind. Specially when he was unhinged and vulnerable during Phoenix possession. That would be cool.
    I have a feeling it's something that the Marvel have kept in reserve in the event that Cyclops' character goes too dark or he loses the support of the fans.
    I doubt he's possessed by the Void, but it could definitely be retconned later that the Void could be influencing him and making him darker.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillanousFiend View Post
    A bit late for that. It should've been an issue during the Phoenix drama.

That, and I just can't see Eva Bell dating the Void.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 06-03-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    A bit late for that. It should've been an issue during the Phoenix drama.

That, and I just can't see Eva Bell dating the Void.
    It's the perfect Parallax possession.
    Get ready for Cyclops Rebirth in 2016! Featuring the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Well, I suppose Cyclops has been suspiciously nice and willing to talk about feelings and stuff, lately. I'm just not entirely convinced the Void would take the pretense that far. Professional pride and all that.

This is going to be like The Search for Cyclops except that Phoenix/Logan will fill in for Jean/Cable and then proceed to fight over Scott, right?

Mighty Member

I'm down for Geoff Johns writing Cyke

BANNED

I would love if Cyclops got his own book and traveled the world. Meeting new mutants and friends who are just not mutants but humans. My dream........

God I hated the X-men Anime, and I rarely hate anything.
    I had to stop watching 5 or 6 episodes in.
    The animation annoyed me so much that I couldn't enjoy the story at all.
    Animation style are so personal, aren't they? I really liked the story of 'Frozen' but I was having to grit my teeth through the animation style because I disliked it so much compared with the old hand-drawn Disney pictures.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the X-Men Anime. This shows why Marvel should be putting out more cartoons for us, not less, so that there is more chance of everyone finding an animated series to suit their needs. Also, expanding the cast a little.

Maybe it's the perception of mutants to the outside world that the JGS worry about.
    Feel free to steal, destroy and murder as long as you do it out of the public eye.
    But if you make a spectacle of it you're the enemy.
    I wrote this jokingly but now that I think about it this tends to be the motto for most superheroes.
    The villains (or misunderstood heroes ) can do what they want until they get the publics attention.
    Then the X-Men and the Avengers come after them on mass.
    We've probably missed a memo they have on the fridge in the JGS kitchen:

Plan weekly meals before bulk buying
    Use food in order of 'best before' date, please! We are trying to be a zero wastage kitchen!
    If you're running a secret death squad please pick up after yourselves and, above all, be discreet. Human corpses in the quad are totally unacceptable. Deadpool this means you.
    No food in bedrooms! It only encourages the BAMFS to try to get into your rooms...etc

Well, I suppose Cyclops has been suspiciously nice and willing to talk about feelings and stuff, lately. I'm just not entirely convinced the Void would take the pretense that far. Professional pride and all that.
    Perhaps the Phoenix did some housekeeping while it was possessing Scott and burned off all the interloping parts it didn't recognize as being essentially 'Scott'? So bye bye lingering Apocalypse mind-shadow and no more Void sliver. That might also explain Scott's oddly empathetic and human-like interactions with others of late?

This is going to be like The Search for Cyclops except that Phoenix/Logan will fill in for Jean/Cable and then proceed to fight over Scott, right?
    If it's anything like Endsong then we need to hope that Logan has his healing factor back because the Phoenix never really seemed to get the Do Not Play With Matches memo around poor Logan. It was pretty monomaniacal about getting to Scott and didn't really care who it torched en route.
    Last edited by elgrey; 06-03-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elgrey View Post
    Perhaps the Phoenix did some housekeeping while it was possessing Scott and burned off all the interloping parts it didn't recognize as being essentially 'Scott'? So bye bye lingering Apocalypse mind-shadow and no more Void sliver.
    Considering how hard the rest of the Phoenix Five went down, I'd say that's a totally sensible bet.

That might also explain Scott's oddly empathetic and human-like interactions with others of late?
    Sooo... In a way, this would mean the man Emma dated never existed, right? FrenzyClops 2.0, lol.

If it's anything like Endsong then we need to hope that Logan has his healing factor back because the Phoenix never really seemed to get the Do Not Play With Matches memo around poor Logan. It was pretty monomaniacal about getting to Scott and didn't really care who it torched en route.
    But Logan proactively tried to cock-block the Phoenix during AvX. I could see it pretending to be allies as a means to exact vengeance upon Logan and troll him for the laughs. The Phoenix could create some sort of fleshy avatar that looks like Jean or Mariko. And then set Logan on fire. Repeatedly.

Considering how hard the rest of the Phoenix Five went down, I'd say that's a totally sensible bet.
    If Brian Michael Bendis does want to go on with the kinder, nicer, indeed fluffier, Cyclops, then that does provide him with a ready-made reason for why Scott's no longer just the steely pragmatic tactician in addition to Xavier's death having smashed that temporary emotional armour he was wearing. He would have been triple-whammied with squishy feelings.

Sooo... In a way, this would mean the man Emma dated never existed, right? FrenzyClops 2.0, lol.
    It's hard to know how much of an effect they were supposed to have on him. I sort of think he just had PTSD from Apocalypse possession and the traumatic act of getting Apocalypse wrenched out of him, because he was still quite warm and fuzzy on occasion even post Apocalypse but before he got the Void in his head, but he was arguably colder once the Void was in place - which could have just been to do with that corresponding with when they really did have their backs to the wall after Osborn drove them to Utopia.

I would hate for his time with Emma not to have meaning for either of them, and they already sort of did that to Scott once when they pulled the 'That wasn't Jean having sex with Scott, that was the Phoenix' which turned him into a rape victim, which he quite possibly wasn't until then - depending on how grim a view one takes of his time before he was rescued by Xavier. I would hate it if they did that to Emma, and went 'Oh, actually, the real Boy Scouty Scott Summers, the good, sweet, helps little old ladies across the road, adorable one who fell in love with Jean Grey, never did love you; that was just the shadow on his soul that Apocalypse left there that you got to know.' I would really, really hate it if they did that to Emma.

But Logan proactively tried to cock-block the Phoenix during AvX.
    Logan used the entire might of the Avengers to try to cock-block the Phoenix, which ought to win him points for sheer audacity, although possibly also a small fine for improper deployment of super heroes for his personal use.

I could see it pretending to be allies as a means to exact vengeance upon Logan and troll him for the laughs. The Phoenix could create some sort of fleshy avatar that looks like Jean or Mariko. And then set Logan on fire. Repeatedly.
    That would actually make for the world's most dysfunctional and disturbing buddy team-up book, wouldn't it? Scott's dead-wife-form-borrowing ex-rapist and most dedicated stalker teams up with Scott's ex-friend/attempted murderer/wannabe boyfriend/guy that tried to get the Phoenix eradicated from existence to boldly venture into parts unknown to rescue Scott. The Phoenix amuses itself by assuming the forms of Logan's dead lovers and then burning him alive for fun.

Meanwhile, Scott is, as usual, chained up somewhere, wearing the scanty remnants of his spandex outfit, being caressed by whatever form Sinister is in at the moment and wondering why the rescue committee is taking so damn long to get here.

Meanwhile the Phoenix tantalizes Logan with phantom dead girlfriends and unreal beer and sics polar bears on him. Both become completely unhinged and psychotically co-dependent.

Scott gets fed up with waiting to be rescued, breaks out himself, but has developed Stockholm Syndrome so decides to stay with Sinister who has bribed him with a puppy and the promise of test-tube babies from Scott and Jean's DNA that he will totally let him keep and not force him to give up to people who will carry them into the future. Much.

I would hate it if they did that to Emma, and went 'Oh, actually, the real Boy Scouty Scott Summers, the good, sweet, helps little old ladies across the road, adorable one who fell in love with Jean Grey, never did love you; that was just the shadow on his soul that Apocalypse left there that you got to know.' I would really, really hate it if they did that to Emma.
    Jean Grey. Phoenix. Would it really be much of a stretch to think these two nutbags cooked up such a convoluted revenge scheme?

That would actually make for the world's most dysfunctional and disturbing buddy team-up book, wouldn't it?
    I know. It would be awesome.

Scott gets fed up with waiting to be rescued, breaks out himself, but has developed Stockholm Syndrome so decides to stay with Sinister who has bribed him with a puppy and the promise of test-tube babies from Scott and Jean's DNA that he will totally let him keep and not force him to give up to people who will carry them into the future. Much.
    I'm not quite sold on the idea of Sinister being able to get anything done while Scott is around. Maybe he could clone Warren and send them off on a road trip? They could save/adopt puppies all around the world or something. It would be all kinds of cute/awesome. Also, no baby drama.

Cyclops is only talking about his feeling because he no longer has a telepath to go in and read them for him.

More like Green Lantern Rebirth.
    They could write it as the Void had been laying waiting in Scott's mind slowly corrupting him waiting for an opportunity to find a more powerful and less resistant host.
    Or maybe it could even be feeding on his insecurities.
    It'd be a feeding frenzy for it at the moment considering Scott was already filled with self doubt before his friends all turned on him.

Anyway, the Void would finally it sees the perfect opportunity to free itself to take over one of the X-Men's telepaths.
    The telepath would have to be in a particular weakened state or badly injured for us to justify it possessing them.
    The telepath could be anyone the Cuckoos, Rachel, Emma, Betsy or Jeen. But I'd personally pick Quentin.
    Once in Quentin's mind the Void could start corrupting the other X-Men/Mutants using Cerebro.

The Void would turn the majority of X-Men in to his own Brotherhood/attack dogs.
    Scott would then have to gather a team to appose him.
    Different X-Men could have varying resistance to the influence.
    But considering half of them hate Scott lately it at least won't be hard for the Void to have them attack him.

I'd love it if the team Scott had to gather consisted of Beast (the older one), a recently returned Xavier and Storm (after a confrontation).
    I'm liking the sound of this now I've written it out. LOL

Animation style are so personal, aren't they? I really liked the story of 'Frozen' but I was having to grit my teeth through the animation style because I disliked it so much compared with the old hand-drawn Disney pictures.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the X-Men Anime. This shows why Marvel should be putting out more cartoons for us, not less, so that there is more chance of everyone finding an animated series to suit their needs. Also, expanding the cast a little.
    Yeah, it's funny how people like different styles.
    It wasn't the art so much as the way the animation freezes every 10 seconds and only the characters lips or something like the background or camera angle moved.
    That really got on my nerves for some reason.
    I was very disappointed as well because I really wanted to watch the series.