Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! *munches on more cookies*
    BLASPHAMY!!! CONDENMED!!! PITCH FORKS AND TORCHES!!!! MOBS AND POSSE!!! BRING OUT THE NOSE!!! BRING OUT THE GUILLOTINE!!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! . . .

. . . WORMS AND INTESTINES AND . . . huh. That actually makes a lot of sense. *orders everything to be shelved* Forgiven!!! :-)
    hahhahhahaa
    aw man
    forreal yo u single?
    :P
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Wait a minute...
    So tyeclops is this guy...
    THIS GUY!!! Totally this guy!!! Heh!!

Dangit lady I was getting the cornfield ready and asking negan to lend me Lucille.
    I know!! I had Lucy, brimstone and two dozen hellhounds ready to go. *Gives puppies disappointed look* It was going to be glorious!!!

anime-girl-with-hellhounds.jpg

Well change isn't bad, especially regarding Cyclops. What I like about cyclops (and I bet plenty of writer love) is that he's a very dynamic character, there's no definitive portrayal of him (unlike batman, supes or wolverine) and every media can re interpret him with varied results. X men evolution did a wonderful job with him, and it seems that Tyeclops is the chillclops of chillclopia
    I'm actually very satisfied with Tye's version of Cyclops and I so completely agree with you in everything you said. If you change an essential part of the character, such as their background, then yes, they can't be exactly the same person.

spoilers:
    BTW, did anyone notice how Alex wasn't all that loveby dovy with his "parents" when he went to visit Scott? In fact, that entire interaction, and him saying that he would talk to Scott felt like they were more foster or adoptive parents than real parents. What do you guys think?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    hahhahhahaa
    aw man
    forreal yo u single?
    :P
    LOL!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, that was an interesting scene, tbh. The lack of emotion was telling.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

THIS GUY!!! Totally this guy!!! Heh!!

I know!! I had Lucy, brimstone and two dozen hellhounds ready to go. *Gives puppies disappointed look* It was going to be glorious!!!

anime-girl-with-hellhounds.jpg
    No no keep those away, I've already given lucille back to negan. Ciscostudent561 is a cool guy, I think the appropriate disciplinary action shouldn't be so harsh. Let's just make him watch X 3 the last stand and F4antastic, I think that'll do

I'm actually very satisfied with Tye's version of Cyclops and I so completely agree with you in everything you said. If you change an essential part of the character, such as their background, then yes, they can't be exactly the same person.
    I think unlike the other popular characters that I've mentioned, Cyclops origin pre academy is not as relevant as batman's or supes. I know the whole orphanage of hell, plane accident, Jack winters and creepy stalker phoenix are interesting parts of his origin but they mostly serve to set up stories for him in the present and future rather than mold him as a character. What defines Cyclops is much simpler, he's a everyman that one day becomes a mutant and enrols in the X academy for child soldiers to fight evil mutants from day 1. I think what is relevant is that cyclops was a just a common kid, no rich parents, no alien from another planet, not secret overpowered ancestors or stuff like that; it doesn't matter who he was, but who will he be.

If cyclops somehow ended up in the MCU people will be trying to investigate who he was and they'd found nothing, because he was no one, it would go like this...

[Shield agents have a lot of prisoners bags in their heads on a plane]
    Maria Hill: Tell me about Cyclops! Who is he? WHy does he wear the visor?
    Hooded prisoner: It doesn't matter who he was, what matters is my plan...

HIll removes bag, prisoner is revealed as Cyclops

Cyclops: No one cared who I was until I put on the visor . . .
    Maria Hill: If I pull that off will you die
    Cyclops : It'd be extremely painful...
    Maria Hill: You're a big guy
    CYclops: [game voice and winking] for you

Now I want maria hill to interrogate a tied up Cyclops, worst part is that Cyclops will dominate the interrogation without even trying...

BANNED

Okay, my thoughts on Tyeclops. Thank god they finally gave us a live action Scott Summers that we don't have to be ashamed of. He could've used a bit more development and a better relationship with Jean, but every scene with him I thought was satisfying, especially his intro scene. They did a great job making him assertive and headstrong without being obnoxious, and also managed to set him up for a leadership role in the future. And he was just so chill! I might need to see the deleted scenes to be really proud of this character, but I'm happy with what we've seen of Tyeclops so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Okay, my thoughts on Tyeclops. Thank god they finally gave us a live action Scott Summers that we don't have to be ashamed of. He could've used a bit more development and a better relationship with Jean, but every scene with him I thought was satisfying, especially his intro scene. They did a great job making him assertive and headstrong without being obnoxious, and also managed to set him up for a leadership role in the future. And he was just so chill! I might need to see the deleted scenes to be really proud of this character, but I'm happy with what we've seen of Tyeclops so far.
    Honestly, I'm GLAD they didn't rush Scott and Jean. Characters in movies hook up WAY too easily, and it was a great change of pace to see them lay the groundwork for their relationship without actually jumping right into it. That's another negative of them jumping ahead to the 90s, in that we're going to miss seeing that development, among other things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, I'm GLAD they didn't rush Scott and Jean. Characters in movies hook up WAY too easily, and it was a great change of pace to see them lay the groundwork for their relationship without actually jumping right into it. That's another negative of them jumping ahead to the 90s, in that we're going to miss seeing that development, among other things.
    Yeah but they could've had just one more scene setting up their future relationship towards the end of the film, instead of just that one right after he got his shades. Maybe there's more Scott/Jean in the deleted mall scene.

Well, so seen the movie last week, twice (i was sick and didn't feel like typing my thoughts) but seeing all the responses already can't really think of adding anything new regarding the movie and TyeClops, i pretty much agree with everything said about him and the rest of the new class. Just want to say though that Singer and Kinberg had a bunch of well thought out interesting ideas for the new class characters, a bunch of bland lazily thought out ideas for the Apocalypse, Horsemen stuff and finally the stale a** Xavier/Mags/Mystique story, they took these ideas and mashed them together without any proper planning or perspective and ended up being a complete mess of a movie, on top of that they somehow decided to reduce the more interesting scenes involving the kids that could have really saved the movie, but overall it was pretty decent i'd rate it a 7/10.

Among the kids in terms of pure acting/performance Tye destroys both Jean and Kurt (and the forgettable Storm) but Jean stands out if only because of the more interesting material she was given rather than her performance (which was also pretty good, imo) but is most definitely the ideal Jean. Kodi tries so hard to be Evo Kurt i love it (wish they had also set up a close dynamic with TyeScott like in Evo, maybe the next movie) TyeClops has the potential to surpass and completely destroy Comic Cyke/Tyke and also possibly Evo Cyke if the producers/writers truly realize his immense potential, even in this movie it's pretty clear the script was holding him back, something felt missing in his character development, he had a really great introduction with him being the POV character done in a way as if he was the main protagonist of the movie (in the vein of Jackman in X1) and suddenly his POV is gone and the older cast takes over and even later Jean suddenly becomes the POV for the young New Class (once they enter a certain facility), so i understood when some people said he was gonna be underrated they were right (outside the comic fans, i think he's going to be forgettable to the general audience), he still has some good moments in the movie overall giving off a few orders and optic blasting and other stuff, loved his few moments with Jean (i'm glad he is not pining over her), his reaction to Hank when he first receives glasses from him made me really happy as that moment was possibly the closest i've seen of the character acting true to his comic book counterpart (especially Tyke). Honestly i'd like to see more of this ChillClops rather than him becoming all hardcore serious (that can wait) and hope they continue that in the next movie and not jump another decade to 90's and suddenly become a leader or suddenly be in a relationship with Jean without any on screen development to that point, that would be an utter waste. So for now i'm gonna say good on Fox/Singer for finally doing some Justice to Cyke on the Silver Screen.
    Last edited by sagiravi; 05-30-2016 at 05:51 AM.

He was Chillclops in X-men, that's why Wolverine kept trying to bait him.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    BTW, did anyone notice how Alex wasn't all that loveby dovy with his "parents" when he went to visit Scott? In fact, that entire interaction, and him saying that he would talk to Scott felt like they were more foster or adoptive parents than real parents. What do you guys think?
    end of spoilers
    nice catch, they seemed... spoilers:
    even scared of Alex-Did Alex even address them as parents? I ask because they could be SCott's foster parents but not Alex's
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    spoilers:
    its funny, because all the damage Wolverine was doing, Cyclops coulda alot quicker... but haveing Wolvie do it cleaned up their tracks alot more affectively
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by somacula
    No no keep those away, I've already given lucille back to negan. Ciscostudent561 is a cool guy, I think the appropriate disciplinary action shouldn't be so harsh. Let's just make him watch X 3 the last stand and F4antastic, I think that'll do
    cruel and unusual punishment is against the law !!
    Cyclops was right

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Yeah, that was an interesting scene, tbh. The lack of emotion was telling.
    For the sake of fairness, we'd probably get a similar level of emotion with the 616 Summers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Well, so seen the movie last week, twice (i was sick and didn't feel like typing my thoughts) but seeing all the responses already can't really think of adding anything new regarding the movie and TyeClops, i pretty much agree with everything said about him and the rest of the new class. Just want to say though that Singer and Kinberg had a bunch of well thought out interesting ideas for the new class characters, a bunch of bland lazily thought out ideas for the Apocalypse, Horsemen stuff and finally the stale a** Xavier/Mags/Mystique story, they took these ideas and mashed them together without any proper planning or perspective and ended up being a complete mess of a movie, on top of that they somehow decided to reduce the more interesting scenes involving the kids that could have really saved the movie, but overall it was pretty decent i'd rate it a 7/10.

Among the kids in terms of pure acting/performance Tye destroys both Jean and Kurt (and the forgettable Storm) but Jean stands out if only because of the more interesting material she was given rather than her performance (which was also pretty good, imo) but is most definitely the ideal Jean. Kodi tries so hard to be Evo Kurt i love it (wish they had also set up a close dynamic with TyeScott like in Evo, maybe the next movie) TyeClops has the potential to surpass and completely destroy Comic Cyke/Tyke and also possibly Evo Cyke if the producers/writers truly realize his immense potential, even in this movie it's pretty clear the script was holding him back, something felt missing in his character development, he had a really great introduction with him being the POV character done in a way as if he was the main protagonist of the movie (in the vein of Jackman in X1) and suddenly his POV is gone and the older cast takes over and even later Jean suddenly becomes the POV for the young New Class (once they enter a certain facility), so i understood when some people said he was gonna be underrated they were right (outside the comic fans, i think he's going to be forgettable to the general audience), he still has some good moments in the movie overall giving off a few orders and optic blasting and other stuff, loved his few moments with Jean (i'm glad he is not pining over her), his reaction to Hank when he first receives glasses from him made me really happy as that moment was possibly the closest i've seen of the character acting true to his comic book counterpart (especially Tyke). Honestly i'd like to see more of this ChillClops rather than him becoming all hardcore serious (that can wait) and hope they continue that in the next movie and not jump another decade to 90's and suddenly become a leader or suddenly be in a relationship with Jean without any on screen development to that point, that would be an utter waste. So for now i'm gonna say good on Fox/Singer for finally doing some Justice to Cyke on the Silver Screen.
    Overall I feel the role of the kids is lacking but they did an OK job with them, cyclops is decent in all his scenes and the actor has potential for more. What was missing was definitely establishing a dynamic with Kurt like x men evolution and I'm glad they didn't felt the need to rush a relationship with Jean but just some chemistry, also I wanted the mall scene, I think using the students (specially Chillclops) as pov kind of how they used rogue in the original Trilogy could've helped increase the rating.
    Overall the movie rates lower than first class, probably a 6/10 and apocalypse was wasted as a villain, he was threatening but still wasted, if it doesn't surpass dofp fox had it coming
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    nice catch, they seemed... spoilers:
    even scared of Alex-Did Alex even address them as parents? I ask because they could be SCott's foster parents but not Alex's
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    its funny, because all the damage Wolverine was doing, Cyclops coulda alot quicker... but haveing Wolvie do it cleaned up their tracks alot more affectively
    end of spoilers

cruel and unusual punishment is against the law !!
    In the Cyclops thread we make our own laws, MUAHAHAHA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    The problem is that he needed to be RightClops or HickmanClops in x men.

Dude!!! That's just beyond cruel!!! *shudders* The only thing worse would be if you made him look at FF Silver Surfer, Wolverine Origins along with X3 and FF4. *feels sick for even suggesting this level of depravity*

I think unlike the other popular characters that I've mentioned, Cyclops origin pre academy is not as relevant as batman's or supes. I know the whole orphanage of hell, plane accident, Jack winters and creepy stalker phoenix are interesting parts of his origin but they mostly serve to set up stories for him in the present and future rather than mold him as a character. What defines Cyclops is much simpler, he's a everyman that one day becomes a mutant and enrols in the X academy for child soldiers to fight evil mutants from day 1. I think what is relevant is that cyclops was a just a common kid, no rich parents, no alien from another planet, not secret overpowered ancestors or stuff like that; it doesn't matter who he was, but who will he be.
    So true and very accurate. Lovely insight!!

If cyclops somehow ended up in the MCU people will be trying to investigate who he was and they'd found nothing, because he was no one, it would go like this...

[Shield agents have a lot of prisoners bags in their heads on a plane]
    Maria Hill: Tell me about Cyclops! Who is he? WHy does he wear the visor?
    Hooded prisoner: It doesn't matter who he was, what matters is my plan...

HIll removes bag, prisoner is revealed as Cyclops

Cyclops: No one cared who I was until I put on the visor . . .
    Maria Hill: If I pull that off will you die
    Cyclops : It'd be extremely painful...
    Maria Hill: You're a big guy
    CYclops: [game voice and winking] for you

Now I want maria hill to interrogate a tied up Cyclops, worst part is that Cyclops will dominate the interrogation without even trying...
    LOLz!!! Oh yeah, Cyke would probably already have them beat. I would love to see Whedon directing the next X-Men movie. I would die very happy!!!