Quote Originally Posted by InjuredPelican View Post
    Its awesome as a longtime Cyclops fan to see over a thousand pages devoted to the best Comic Booker hero (though Supes is 2nd in my book). When I tell people Cyclops is my favorite character I get blank stares from the nice people and utter confusion and insults from less nice people. How is it I find Cyclops to be the best hero and best X-man? Maybe cause he is still more relatable and complicated than the sad caricatures the rest of the X-men have become? Maybe cause he's freaking badass as hell but not in a stupid arbitrary way? And that he has surpassed his teacher and his greatest enemy to become the true paragon of mutant-kind? I love Cyclops and I love this thread! Cyclops for Ever! Even while Marvel pisses on him and his team I still will love his character, both modern and classic.
    Welcome aboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

And that he has surpassed his teacher and his greatest enemy to become the true paragon of mutant-kind?
    Back before AVX. Eve since then he has become a poor mans' Magneto.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inEden View Post
    lol. No that doesn't suck at all.

One of the best ones I've seen in this thread in fact. Saving it.

Thanks for the ducklops

Edit: just realised it's called Cyduck.
    ol yeah i found it by goggling Cyduck it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Ciscostudent you're back! It's been a while, cyduck made me chuckle!
    Yooo fam!i find my visits here are more fruitful the fewer the further between

Miss u guys tho
    Cyclops was right

Hopefully Cyclops isn't dead, and Cyclops and Emma Frost can lead a current or new X-Men comic after IVX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Batman View Post
    Hopefully Cyclops isn't dead, and Cyclops and Emma Frost can lead a current or new X-Men comic after IVX.
    I think they shouldn't lead the whole thing, but their own faction until it turns naturally into the only competent team and every X team aligns with em.

Also just watched suicide squad. The critical reception is too harsh, it's not a 2.5 /10,closr to a 5/10 but still far far from marvel quality and the plot is a sad excuse.
    Also.
    Exclusive footage from Warner editing room

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Yeah I knew about ben hur, I smell a bomb miles away, same as tarzan. Amazangly enough Jungle book was pretty entertaining, I guess disney execs know what they're doing.
    Yep, yep, and YEP!!! I haven't seen Jungle Book but with how bad Cinderella was and how well received it was, I'm not going to bother.

Cyclops in DC? !?!?!?!?!
    Top questions:
    1. Is he the only mutant there?
    2. Teen or adult?
    3. Will he date best girl? (Miss martian is practically tailormade for him, altough Cassie Cain is my other top candidate in an universe that doesn't have X 23)
    4. Where can I read it?
    5. Is he reforming young justice?
    *cackles madly*

1. Yes.

2. Teen.

3. He went back in time and accidentally went back into another universe where he was born a girl and decides to send that girl to somewhere better. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Just kidding, but definitely a always a girl because I'm insane and the plot bunny wouldn't leave me alone!!!

4. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I think I might have finally cracked . . . The Marvel Big Bang of 2016.

5. You have to read it to find out!!! *cackles madly some more just because she can, Joker gets peeved and they get into massive food fight*
    Last edited by ladyofthelake; 08-20-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    1: He'd just be a standard meta-human in DC. Whether you are born with your powers or get them from an accident/experiment, in DC you're a metahuman.

2: Good question. The answer affects number 3, as both your candidates seem to work best for Tyke.

3: Cassie is too close to Laura, I'd go for M'Gan - who is almost a combo of Jean and Pixie.

4: Fanfic only I'm afraid - buy who writes it?

5: Or the Outsiders, especially if it's the adult version.

As far as a new Ben-Hur is concerned....no! The original won pretty much ALL THE OSCARS, how you gonna top that! And replacing the Sheik with Morgan Freeman? I love Morgan, but he's too dignified to play such a bombastic character in my eyes. He'd make an excellent Melchior though.
    Yes, I don't understand how they could even attempt it if they weren't serious about topping it. I heard the script was crap.

Its awesome as a longtime Cyclops fan to see over a thousand pages devoted to the best Comic Book hero (though Supes is 2nd in my book). When I tell people Cyclops is my favorite character I get blank stares from the nice people and utter confusion and insults from less nice people. How is it I find Cyclops to be the best hero and best X-man? Maybe cause he is still more relatable and complicated than the sad caricatures the rest of the X-men have become? Maybe cause he's freaking badass as hell but not in a stupid arbitrary way? And that he has surpassed his teacher and his greatest enemy to become the true paragon of mutant-kind? I love Cyclops and I love this thread! Cyclops for Ever! Even while Marvel pisses on him and his team I still will love his character, both modern and classic.
    Welcome fellow . . . Cyclopet? We weep for our hero but rejoice in speaking of the greatest that is him and will never, ever be diminished by petty copyright fights, Cyke haters, Avengers fanatics and Wolverine/Ororo devotees. We will fight on and survive. After all Cyclops has survived the improbably and impossible and he will continue to be awesome despite trolls!!! Hail CYCLOPS!!!
    Last edited by ladyofthelake; 08-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.

I think they shouldn't lead the whole thing, but their own faction until it turns naturally into the only competent team and every X team aligns with em.

Also just watched suicide squad. The critical reception is too harsh, it's not a 2.5 /10,closr to a 5/10 but still far far from marvel quality and the plot is a sad excuse.
    Also.
    I heard that Batman has a cameo? Is this true? If so, when? Did Will Smith really ruin the movie?
    Last edited by ladyofthelake; 08-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    I heard that Batman has a cameo? Is this true? If so, when? Did Will Smith really ruin the movie?
    Yes, and in my opinion, no.

Yep, yep, and YEP!!! I haven't seen Jungle Book but with how bad Cinderella was and how well received it was, I'm not going to bother.

*cackles madly*

1. Yes.

2. Teen.

3. He went back in time and accidentally went back into another universe where he was born a girl and decides to send that girl to somewhere better. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Just kidding, but definitely a always a girl because I'm insane and the plot bunny wouldn't leave me alone!!!

4. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!! I think I might have finally cracked . . . The Marvel Big Bang of 2016.

5. You have to read it to find out!!! *cackles madly some more just because she can, Joker gets peeved and they get into massive food fight*
    re: 3 - This could be an interesting plot twist in an alternate MU. I'd actually keep the normally insipid love triangle except with a few changes. Jean would actually be dating Logan for a time, and would misinterpret Cyke's feeling of jealousy (cause a telepath would pick that up) as being over Logan rather than over her. Cue Jean and Cyke in a 'coming out' story, onve they realize how they both feel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

*cackles madly*

1. Yes.

2. Teen.

I knew it was teen Cyclops, like it or not teen characters have certain appeal adult characters don't, Marvel still wants to turn Peter into a teen again.
    Cyclops turns into a girl? And then goes to DC?... You think Cassandra Cain has a problem dating a lady? The only problem would be if Stephanie is willing to share Cassie with lady Cyclops.

Also I've always had the plot bunny of gender bending cyclops whole history ... There would some tropes that definitely would be interesting to analyze if Cyclops was a women all along and her story is unchanged (except for the romance angle of course, or hell let's say Jean is John Grey just for the sake of it)
    1. Teen heroine Scotia summers?
    First of all I'm sure the story of being used as a living weapon for Winters would have been seen a bit too tragic for a female heroine in the 60s with some rather gritty implications .

Second of all... Teen heroine Scotia summers is not only the fearless leader of a mostly all male team, but also one of the strongest and destructive members and Xavier trusts her to be in charge of the academy when he isn't around. In the 60s heroines were mostly love interests and sidekicks, having Scotia as a main character and as a leader would definitely have been progressive, from the fact that she'd be serious, cold and focused on her task, way more competent than her teammates (justified for always being around) up to the point of overseeing their training altough always relegated to Xavier's will , if they wanted to justify why she doesn't engage into more traditional female role it could be said that her power makes her insecure because of her lack of control and that also makes her uncomfortable with relationships overall .

Finally I'm pretty sure she'd have struggled a bit to gain the full trust of her teammate because she'd be a woman in the 60s, and probably settlee after a one minute melee where she takes them down without breaking a sweat, it'd be justified by saying she trains a lot but having a bunch of male heroes getting beaten by a heroine in the 60s would've been a Lil counterproductive, so I don't know how such dynamic could've worked. Also she'd have Warren, John Grey (male Jean), hell even quicksilver and toad hitting on her and she'd reject them because of her uncontrollable power, but she'd probably be attracted to one of then(money is on Warren) . I think she'd feel that her life is and will be a sisyphean task at least until she gains control of her powers and can move on into something that she considers normal zbut after years of playing hero she'd be pretty incapable of functioning in the world. I don't know if it's more tragic than regular Cyclops but it's certainly sucks.

Oh and probably girls night out with invisible girl, wasp, wanda, Polaris and Patsy Walker, they'd call her out on her depressive mood, being a tomboy 90% of the time because of practicality and not having boyfriend and force her to clean up nicely and try dating with comically tragic results.

There's always lots of interesting character analysis when you reverse gender, Cyke history is rich and if I tried to analyze all of it I'd take a while . I'll try to analyze more tomorrow but to sum up the 60s it'd be mostly an strong independent female in a very chauvinist society that feels trapped and unhappy with her role as a heroine and leader because she can't have a normal life out of it because of her dangerous powers.
    Yeah there's a few cameos by batman. The characters were one of the movie strongest points, Dead shot was will Smith being himself but I don't see nothing wrong with it, he was funny, heroic and overall too good for what he was given, Harley was spot on, El diablo was amazing, not enough crocodile or boomerang. Enchantress was awful but thankfully her scenes were limited, there's not enough of the Joker for all the publicity he was given and I didn't found anything special about him. The movie was OK but they never convinced me that they're bad guys, assault on arkham established the squad as bad guys much better and IMHO they had way more interesting dynamics than in suicide squad(I expected more from a high budget movie, I don't know were those 150m went, special effects, make up for the Joker?) .
    Last edited by somacula; 08-20-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Also.
    Good image, but not enough fighting going on. SS was hurt by all the editorial... err studio interference. Its a credit to the people involved that it was as good as it was considering how badly WB screwed around with it. Hmmm sounds sadly familiar, management ruining a good product.

I knew it was teen Cyclops, like it or not teen characters have certain appeal adult characters don't, Marvel still wants to turn Peter into a teen again.
    Cyclops turns into a girl? And then goes to DC?... You think Cassandra Cain has a problem dating a lady? The only problem would be if Stephanie is willing to share Cassie with lady Cyclops.

Also I've always had the plot bunny of gender bending cyclops whole history ... There would some tropes that definitely would be interesting to analyze if Cyclops was a women all along and her story is unchanged (except for the romance angle of course, or hell let's say Jean is John Grey just for the sake of it)
    1. Teen heroine Scotia summers?
    First of all I'm sure the story of being used as a living weapon for Winters would have been seen a bit too tragic for a female heroine in the 60s with some rather gritty implications .

Second of all... Teen heroine Scotia summers is not only the fearless leader of a mostly all male team, but also one of the strongest and destructive members and Xavier trusts her to be in charge of the academy when he isn't around. In the 60s heroines were mostly love interests and sidekicks, having Scotia as a main character and as a leader would definitely have been progressive, from the fact that she'd be serious, cold and focused on her task, way more competent than her teammates (justified for always being around) up to the point of overseeing their training altough always relegated to Xavier's will , if they wanted to justify why she doesn't engage into more traditional female role it could be said that her power makes her insecure because of her lack of control and that also makes her uncomfortable with relationships overall .

Finally I'm pretty sure she'd have struggled a bit to gain the full trust of her teammate because she'd be a woman in the 60s, and probably settlee after a one minute melee where she takes them down without breaking a sweat, it'd be justified by saying she trains a lot but having a bunch of male heroes getting beaten by a heroine in the 60s would've been a Lil counterproductive, so I don't know how such dynamic could've worked. Also she'd have Warren, John Grey (male Jean), hell even quicksilver and toad hitting on her and she'd reject them because of her uncontrollable power, but she'd probably be attracted to one of then(money is on Warren) . I think she'd feel that her life is and will be a sisyphean task at least until she gains control of her powers and can move on into something that she considers normal zbut after years of playing hero she'd be pretty incapable of functioning in the world. I don't know if it's more tragic than regular Cyclops but it's certainly sucks.

Oh and probably girls night out with invisible girl, wasp, wanda, Polaris and Patsy Walker, they'd call her out on her depressive mood, being a tomboy 90% of the time because of practicality and not having boyfriend and force her to clean up nicely and try dating with comically tragic results.

There's always lots of interesting character analysis when you reverse gender, Cyke history is rich and if I tried to analyze all of it I'd take a while . I'll try to analyze more tomorrow but to sum up the 60s it'd be mostly an strong independent female in a very chauvinist society that feels trapped and unhappy with her role as a heroine and leader because she can't have a normal life out of it because of her dangerous powers.
    Rogue and Scotia would be besties.

You could always dig into Claremont for names and she'd be Summer Scott.

Or play up the tomboy aspect and name her Scout. Of course, in that case she'd need to have a rivalry with Mockingbird.

Anyways, I'll be posting the prenatal visit with Dr. Nemesis tomorrow. After that, who knows?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 08-20-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.