BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Out of the blue, am I the only one rolling my eyes at Marvel for basically pretending they didn't spend the last five years pretty much destroying the pairing? I dunno, the whole thing just feels like a shamelessly insincere bone thrown at the fans, lol.
    Nah, their plan with this story is to tie some loose ends and explain cyclops death after tesing it for months... The fact that this story made everyone love and respect Emma is one of those unforseen side effects because if Marvel can't make readers like Carol Danvers or the inhumans I'm sure as hell they couldn't make a story that'd make everyone love Emma on purpose

And you know, maybe everyone treating Scott as if he was worse than Hitler was part of the truce that Storm made with the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Maybe, but if JackScott had tried to climb the plank it may have sunk thus endangering RoseEmma, and he'd had never put her on risk. JackScott died in peace knowing that RoseEmma would survive and his memory would live though her
    Well, at least she could have give him the lifejacket.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 11-26-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Nah, their plan with this story is to tie some loose ends and explain cyclops death after tesing it for months... The fact that this story made everyone love and respect Emma is one of those unforseen side effects because if Marvel can't make readers like Carol Danvers or the inhumans I'm sure as hell they couldn't make a story that'd make everyone love Emma on purpose
    I was mostly referring to the ScEmma angle. Marvel pretty much let writers who hated the pairing (Gillen, Bendis) do whatever the hell they wanted for a good three years and a half. Next thing you know, ScEmma is a legit pairing again and the driving force of the narrative, lol. Shamelessly insincere sums it up rather accurately, me thinks.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-26-2016 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I was mostly referring to the ScEmma angle. Marvel pretty much let writers who hated the pairing (Gillen, Bendis) do whatever the hell they wanted for a good three years and a half. Next thing you know, ScEmma is a legit pairing again and the driving force of the narrative, lol. Shamelessly insincere sums it up rather accurately, me thinks.
    Actually the didn't put them back together and had Emma concoct a plan that showed her love for Cyclops but it's pretty one sided... Emma and Cyclops were working together but I don't remember them being together so it's more of Emma loving cyclops than a whole Scemma story

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Maybe they need to stop trying and then they might be doing really brilliant things.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And you know, maybe everyone treating Scott as if he was worse than Hitler was part of the truce that Storm made with the Inhumans.
    I really don't get this Storm. She saw Black Bolt kill Scott, knows that the mist is killing her own people and she makes a truce with the very people responsible? Bleh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, at least she could have give him the lifejacket.
    Hehe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    I really don't get this Storm. She saw Black Bolt kill Scott, knows that the mist is killing her own people and she makes a truce with the very people responsible? Bleh!!!

Hehe.
    Dammit stop destroying my OTP T_T... Now I want titanic 2 jack Frost revenge... Yeah just kidding Jack survived and changed his name to Jay Gatsby

Dammit stop destroying my OTP T_T... Now I want titanic 2 jack Frost revenge... Yeah just kidding Jack survived and changed his name to Jay Gatsby
    Sorry, but yeah, now that's stuck in my head too. Heh. And yes, Rose and Jack had their happily ever after.

There is like 3 animated "sequels"................................................. ..

Titanic The Legend Goes On

The Legend Of The Titanic

BANNED

I'm not happy with Cyclops death. He is intelligent and a great leader. They should have shown us how he got it and how he got it should be like he has to save another mutant or a group of mutants, sacrificing himself to be exposed to t-mists. That would have been better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm not happy with Cyclops death. He is intelligent and a great leader. They should have shown us how he got it and how he got it should be like he has to save another mutant or a group of mutants, sacrificing himself to be exposed to t-mists. That would have been better.
    I tend to look at the silver lining, I'm happy that he's not Hitler and that he died in the arms of a woman that loved him more than he could ever imagine

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I tend to look at the silver lining, I'm happy that he's not Hitler and that he died in the arms of a woman that loved him more than he could ever imagine
    It would have been better. But they did show how he got it. He walked straight into the mist in issue one and got the virus
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It would have been better. But they did show how he got it. He walked straight into the mist in issue one and got the virus

Why did he walk straight into the mist?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Why did he walk straight into the mist?
    Plot Induced Stupidity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plot Induced Stupidity.
    I agree. Cyclops is a smart and intelligent person. Why would he do that?