Page 159 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092596591159 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 33258
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Is Emma REALLY the person who should be giving Xavier a "What the hell, Hero?" speech over poking around inside peoples' heads? Hypocrite much?
    I think she was just giving him permission to be human and to have screwed up there, really. The whole Legacy arc was about Charles Xavier looking at what he'd done and recognizing that he was allowed to make mistakes the same as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Why is Opticdreams banned!!??!??
    I guess the responsable is the person who keeps doing threads like "Should Rachel be killed, given that no one cares about her" or something about cyclops.

Is Emma REALLY the person who should be giving Xavier a "What the hell, Hero?" speech over poking around inside peoples' heads? Hypocrite much?
    To me, she wasnt saying that he is an horrible person for doing it, just that he never should forget that he did it and never ignore the conquences of his actions.

Ultimate Member

Emma was the perfect one for that specific comment, since she was the one who knew most about it (telepathy and ethics and the boundary pushing thereof). Nixon going to China and all that.

If it had been someone like Kitty, who, A) knows a fat stack of jack about telepathy, and B) flips out in flouncy moral indignation / foot-stomping tantrums because it's a day that ends in a Y, it would have been meaningless.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Nah, it's fine. As it turns out, Emma is one of the few X-Men actively trying not to murder Xavier's legacy and going on like nothing happened. She'd get a free pass even if she wasn't making any sense.

Sometimes the best person to get a point across isn't the shining beacon preaching sermons on the mount, but the person down in the dirt with you.
    I can't call it hypocrisy, given her past and who she is and who he is she's probably the best person to say these things to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    Sometimes the best person to get a point across isn't the shining beacon preaching sermons on the mount, but the person down in the dirt with you.
    I can't call it hypocrisy, given her past and who she is and who he is she's probably the best person to say these things to him.
    Good point. Emma's always been up front about who she is and what she's done, whereas Xavier has promoted an image of himself as someone better than the rest, whereas, I think the truth was, he tried to be better than the rest; didn't always make it; sometimes fell short of his own ideals and instead of beating himself up about it, like Scott, he tended to try to forget he'd ever done it. I think the people who loved him the most were the ones who were okay with the times he fell short, like Mags.

Always loved this moment between them when Cyke's like the kid stuck in between the two divorced parents at the family get-together, trying to stop the hair pulling from starting:

I liked that Magneto acknowledged what Cyke had achieved here - and got the crap kicked out of himself to do it too:

Although, admittedly, from a slash point of view I'd probably enjoy seeing Cyke on his knees in front of Mags even more, but let's not lower the tone....

I wonder if Quire's going to be stuck in the Cyke role in future acrimonious X-Men family get-togethers while Cyke and Wolvie fight: "You slept with Mystique!" "You slept with any telepath who'd have you!" "You killed Xavier!" "You killed more people than cholera!" hopefully finishing with them having make-up sex under the table, preferably without upsetting Bobby's magnificent ice swan centerpiece.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Why is Opticdreams banned!!??!??
    No idea. I don't know why Kaiolino was banned either. All the best posters are getting run out of town on a rail and when I look at their posts they seem perfectly innocuous. It's most disconcerting.

BANNED

Another bad day for Cyke courtesy of UXM v1 #96, otherwise known as...

WHEN TEXT-BOXES ATTACK!

And this is how you unleash an eldritch abomination, kids.

Honestly, if Chris Claremont had just narratively heckled the poor guy a little less Cyke might not be such a screw up today.

With Dazzler now joining the team and sporting her new punk look, how do you think that she will interact with the team? and mostly with Scott, will they act like when they were friends?

A reminder that Dazzler is among the gallery of women that Scott consider to be really hot, and she is using a similar costume to the one he likes

And how will Scott take Dazzler's new musical path, will he go back to his old poor boys torn shirt or will he not follow her anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post

With Dazzler now joining the team and sporting her new punk look, how do you think that she will interact with the team? and mostly with Scott, will they act like when they were friends?

A reminder that Dazzler is among the gallery of women that Scott consider to be really hot, and she is using a similar costume to the one he likes

And how will Scott take Dazzler's new musical path, will he go back to his old poor boys torn shirt or will he not follow her anymore

That's an interesting cover from Kris Anka. I like the composition of it - very like a circus poster - like 'Roll up, roll up and...totally get punched in the face with some pretty damn lethal sound-into-light improv, baby!' Is Alison going to persuade Cyke to finally let go of his old hankering after 70s disco faves and embrace the post-punk a cappella musical revolution? Someone got him to put away those godawful checked suits he used to wear that made him look like a vacuum cleaner salesman so anything's possible.

I think Mystique might really come to regret thinking she could use Dazzler as a mutant hormone source and not suffer any repercussions. Ali took out nine evil Xaviers while barely raising a sweat, Raven, and she did it blonde. Imagine how much harder she's going to kick your ass now she has an angry mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    That's an interesting cover from Kris Anka. I like the composition of it - very like a circus poster - like 'Roll up, roll up and...totally get punched in the face with some pretty damn lethal sound-into-light improv, baby!' Is Alison going to persuade Cyke to finally let go of his old hankering after 70s disco faves and embrace the post-punk a cappella musical revolution? Someone got him to put away those godawful checked suits he used to wear that made him look like a vacuum cleaner salesman so anything's possible.

I think Mystique might really come to regret thinking she could use Dazzler as a mutant hormone source and not suffer any repercussions. Ali took out nine evil Xaviers while barely raising a sweat, Raven, and she did it blonde. Imagine how much harder she's going to kick your ass now she has an angry mohawk.
    I bet that after the reveal of Xavier and Mystique's relationship she will just consider Xavier as one of the evil Xaviers and maybe even thank Scott for having killed him, I will be truly disappointed if by the end of this run Dazzler doesn't at least beat the crap out of Mystique
    Btw, for those who have been doubting about if Scott now has his full powers or not, when asked Bendis said that he won't give spoilers, so that will most likely be an important plot point

BANNED

I bet that after the reveal of Xavier and Mystique's relationship she will just consider Xavier as one of the evil Xaviers and maybe even thank Scott for having killed him, I will be truly disappointed if by the end of this run Dazzler doesn't at least beat the crap out of Mystique
    Btw, for those who have been doubting about if Scott now has his full powers or not, when asked Bendis said that he won't give spoilers, so that will most likely be an important plot point
    Surely the important point about Cyke's powerset is: does it still not...function if he has a hangover?

Because if Dazzler is going to live up to her status as a popstar who just had a really bad few days she needs to seriously hit the sauce right now and I can't believe she'd settle for drinking alone. And, Cyke, as we all know, can be drunk under the table by a chipmunk, so...is Cyke going to find he can't...beam up when he needs to? Also, is Dazzler also going to do the popstar thing and demand a meaningless sexual liaison? With no groupies around for a one night stand esteem boost, and the NXS lacking any other age-appropriate potential bedmates I reckon that for guy in position to be used by Alison to make herself feel better and then tossed aside like a worn-out glove...Cyke's up. Or not, given the beam thing....

Oh my Betsy Braddock! I know jack about her character outside of that I like her newer costume more because it's more superhero and less modified bathing suit, but wow. Purely from that pic I can see why Cyclops would turn to mush over her on a physical level.

Surely the important point about Cyke's powerset is: does it still not...function if he has a hangover?

Because if Dazzler is going to live up to her status as a popstar who just had a really bad few days she needs to seriously hit the sauce right now and I can't believe she'd settle for drinking alone. And, Cyke, as we all know, can be drunk under the table by a chipmunk, so...is Cyke going to find he can't...beam up when he needs to? Also, is Dazzler also going to do the popstar thing and demand a meaningless sexual liaison? With no groupies around for a one night stand esteem boost, and the NXS lacking any other age-appropriate potential bedmates I reckon that for guy in position to be used by Alison to make herself feel better and then tossed aside like a worn-out glove...Cyke's up. Or not, given the beam thing....
    Writers went a little on the nose with Cyke's alcohol induced ocular impotence. Makes it all the better that it's Wolverine he's telling this to.
    Last edited by Sundowner; 06-21-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Was it only in the cartoon that Scott needed exposure to sunlight to recharge his powers from time to time or did something like that carry over into the comics too?