Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Which is your favourite depiction of Cyclops?
    The Cyclops of the Dark Phoenix Saga. He argues with Professor Xavier about how 'ten demerits, or ten thousand,' Wolverine is a grown man, and it takes a different style to lead him than the one Xavier used with the original teen X-Men (to which Xavier snaps that if Scott can't just boss Logan around, then maybe he made the wrong decision making Scott leader...). I love that he's right there, in Xavier's face, *defending Wolverine.* Much later, he brings Dark Phoenix down *by talking to her about how much he loves her* and ends the fight (until Xavier uses that moment to sneak attack her from behind with a mental blast, starting the fight up again and forcing a different conclusion). He's just amazing in that run.

The Cyclops of the first X-Men movie, the one who just smiled when Wolverine 'flipped him off' with his third claw, seemed very much the same sort of figure. Mature.

While I don't hate teen Cyclops, he's very much not the grown up who has earned his wisdom through experience that I want to read about. Neither are several incarnation of adult Cyclops, who were also prone to flipping out or acting authoritarian. (The Cyclops of Children's Crusade, for example, was close to the opposite of the level-headed Cyclops I prefer.)

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And continues the cbr's lists... against Cyclops, of course. ***SIGH!***

http://www.cbr.com/15-most-screwed-u...n-comic-books/
    The fact that Superman and Lois Lane are on this list with Cyclops and Jean Grey ensures it has no credibility. Every relationship is screwed up to some extent, real life or fictional. It's a matter of how it works. By nearly every measure, Cyclops and Jean Grey worked very well for many years until Grant Morrison decided to have an agenda.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?
    "Here we go again."

Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?
    I've learned not to make much of these teaser images on Twitter. Not gonna lie though. It's tempting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've learned not to make much of these teaser images on Twitter. Not gonna lie though. It's tempting.
    So have I.

Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?
    If it involves the insipid triangle then my response is NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ultimate Member

Thoughts?
    That looks like teen Jean and adult Scott (because teen Scott is way thinner). But if it's supposed to be the teens, ugh. Is her secret third mutant power 'irresistible to mutant boys?'

Skipping boring retreads of past stories, have teen Scott and Rachel (or Cable, or that matter) had any interactions? Might be interesting to see how the various time-tossed Summers relate (or don't) to each other. Teen Scott's time with Corsair was, I think, the best he's been written, and I wonder how other 'family' interactions would go.

Mine is from Ultimate X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Cyclops of the Dark Phoenix Saga. He argues with Professor Xavier about how 'ten demerits, or ten thousand,' Wolverine is a grown man, and it takes a different style to lead him than the one Xavier used with the original teen X-Men (to which Xavier snaps that if Scott can't just boss Logan around, then maybe he made the wrong decision making Scott leader...). I love that he's right there, in Xavier's face, *defending Wolverine.* Much later, he brings Dark Phoenix down *by talking to her about how much he loves her* and ends the fight (until Xavier uses that moment to sneak attack her from behind with a mental blast, starting the fight up again and forcing a different conclusion). He's just amazing in that run.
    I can't improve on this answer much as my number 1. Scott in GLMK was also very good including IIRC a very on point conversation with Magneto near the end of the book.

I wasn't as much of a fan during early x-factor or obviously most of Morrison's run. Oddly I did like Whedon's depiction. His Scott seemed the most human of any of his incarnations while still holding true to most of the original depiction.

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Scott challenging hypocrisy in the face of mutant persecution. Since decimation, besides his leadership abilities, those few panel here and there remind me the most of old Scott.

Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?
    You can't have a Jeen love triangle without teasing Jott, can you?

Thanks jorge17881.

Thoughts?
    Tyke looks older there. Also bait for the triangle.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member ladyofthelake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I can't improve on this answer much as my number 1. Scott in GLMK was also very good including IIRC a very on point conversation with Magneto near the end of the book.

I wasn't as much of a fan during early x-factor or obviously most of Morrison's run. Oddly I did like Whedon's depiction. His Scott seemed the most human of any of his incarnations while still holding true to most of the original depiction.

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Scott challenging hypocrisy in the face of mutant persecution. Since decimation, besides his leadership abilities, those few panel here and there remind me the most of old Scott.
    X-Men No More Humans.

Despite how much I disliked AvX and a lot of things that came afterwards, I think it was the way I always thought Scott would take on his role after the event. Still a leader, still willing to work for the greater good and despite everyone so against him, showing that there is a reason that even with the hate, everyone got that he was the best person to lead them. Which I thought was a nice touch considering how much he was bashed. Scott represented everything that made him a great leader throughout his history and showed that despite the hurt and pain and hell he's been true, he still held the spirit and essence of what being a true X-Men is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

"Anyone can create utopia for a single generation, Magneto. The trick is making it last. Who's going to preserve your dream when you are gone?"

I love that line.

Actually, I thought of something. Let's post our favourite Cyclops lines/quotes. Other of mine are...

"This is good. The guy who's tried to steal my wife since the day he met us is going to teach me all about what's proper."
    -Scott to Logan, Astonishing X-men

And of course...

"I want that thing out of my lawn."
    -Cyclops referring to a Sentinel, Astonishing X-Men

Mine is from Ultimate X-Men.
    1) Cyclops of 2000s to 2012.
    2) Xmen Evo!Clops aka best adaptation of Cyclops
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

"I want that thing out of my lawn."
    -Cyclops referring to a Sentinel, Astonishing X-Men
    Whedon wrote some great Scott.
    "To me, my X-Men."