Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cyclops is my favorite Marvel character, followed very closely by Frank Castle. When he started to get more militaristic I was all for it, when Marvel started the whole Cyclops is going to be a new villain thing, my only grip is that they didn't do it right.

I have to ask you guys, if Scott come back in a more antagonistic role, would you be in favor or against it? Not saying for him to let grow a gotee and go crazy like they are doing with Emma right now, but in a more Doctor Doom or Hellfire Club kind of way. Actually if he ever comes back, I'm all for him to take over the Hellfire Club and start using it resources to achieve his own goes.
    I am not I Cyclops fan but I know enough that he is not a sociopath, whats the motivation? What would joining the hell fire club gain him, let alone taking it over. Has cyclops ever been motivated by profit? power for powers sake? or self righteous madness?

Even the "Cyclops was Right" right about what? waiting for the Great Bird of the Galaxy to roost on his planet and solve his problems? What would his motivation be?

I can only see him going as far as an anti-hero Magneto type of role... only no killing. He's too caring about humans and mutants alike to go full on antagonistic, but he'll fight to the death (obviously) for the rights of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Both the X-men and the Inhumans and the world in general have moved on from IVX, America is now starting to recover from Hydra. Also it's not the X-Men's job to defend Cyclops, he made his own choices as he thought best and has to live or die with them. So disparaging comments was said about him and he was called names, he was not owed any loyalty and some people were justifiably angry or outright hated him. Besides I don't think he's petty enough to care, he seemed to be all about the mission, not caring what anyone else though. The X-Men are moving forward now without adult Cyclops and they are not looking back, when he eventually returns it's not going to go back to how it use to be. The days of General Cyclops and the X-army are over, Scott will have to find a new path; be it forming a new team, getting back with Emma or going solo, I'm sure some fences will be mended to some degree but overall the status quo is forever changed.
    The X-Men, especially the core group (o5 & ANAD) are family and right or wrong you always protect and always defend your family. This is where Marvel got it wrong with Schism, AvX, DoX, IvX, etc. There is simply no excuse for how these events went down in context of this one truth. The only one to consistently stand by Cyke is the "villain" Emma which show's I think how messed up this all got.

Cyke may not hold if against them but I agree it would be difficult to ever go back to how he related to them pre-AvX.

Cyclops is my favorite Marvel character, followed very closely by Frank Castle. When he started to get more militaristic I was all for it, when Marvel started the whole Cyclops is going to be a new villain thing, my only grip is that they didn't do it right.

I have to ask you guys, if Scott come back in a more antagonistic role, would you be in favor or against it? Not saying for him to let grow a gotee and go crazy like they are doing with Emma right now, but in a more Doctor Doom or Hellfire Club kind of way. Actually if he ever comes back, I'm all for him to take over the Hellfire Club and start using it resources to achieve his own goes.
    Cyke has never been a villain. He's been blinded, misguided and over-zealous. He's a flawed hero and leader. Always has been. For him to intentionally court evil acts would be a fundamental shift in his character and he would no longer represent Cyke to me. It's the flaws combined with the good intentions that make him my favorite Marvel hero. It's the striving and failing but continuing to strive anyway that makes the character who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    I am not I Cyclops fan but I know enough that he is not a sociopath, whats the motivation? What would joining the hell fire club gain him, let alone taking it over. Has cyclops ever been motivated by profit? power for powers sake? or self righteous madness?

Even the "Cyclops was Right" right about what? waiting for the Great Bird of the Galaxy to roost on his planet and solve his problems? What would his motivation be?
    The Hellfire Club is a organization that controls and have influence over several corporations and politicians. If Cyclops come back, he could use that influence to pass laws that would benefit mutants, hold back laws against mutants. He could help mutants all over the world without needing to fight. For example, if a presidential candidate on Brasil is strongly against mutants, Cyclops could use the Hellfire Club to: A) finance the oposing candidate; B) find compromising information against him; C) wait until after the election and blackmail him if he wins; D) just send a telepath to mind control him.

He could have the companies the HC controls developing technology for his team, or selling anti-mutant technology to governments but putting in it hidden weakness that he would know how to explore when those governments decided to use the technology against mutants.

Anyway, he could use the connections and resources that would come with the membership or control over he Hellfire Club not to get rich or personal gain, but to help mutant kind. It's no different from what an intelligent agents does.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 09-09-2017 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Poor Scott, his 'friends' are so ungrateful, always angry and resentful. He just need to come home.
    Come on, Marvel, just bring him home safely. Bring RightClops back!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Poor Scott, his 'friends' are so ungrateful, always angry and resentful. He just need to come home.
    Come on, Marvel, just bring him home safely. Bring RightClops back!
    Agreed. Not many of them understand the weight of the world that was on his shoulders. And now they're in shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

He was right about the phoenix bringing life to new mutants. Scott's motivation could easily be similar to magneto's. sick of fighting for people who refuse to accept them, even though he tried to help

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    He was right about the phoenix bringing life to new mutants. Scott's motivation could easily be similar to magneto's. sick of fighting for people who refuse to accept them, even though he tried to help
    Scott give up? I don't think so. That's one thing that will always separate him from Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott give up? I don't think so. That's one thing that will always separate him from Mags.
    Exactly. I think the Cyclops we saw in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men is as close to Magneto as he'd ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott's given up before, but in his case it manifests as walking away from the whole costumed thing in it's entirety rather than making a heel turn.

I would love to see Cyclops as a leader of villains
    **** x men
    Last edited by oldscottsummers; 09-09-2017 at 02:39 PM.

It would be interesting if he'd ever lead a Brotherhood. Not of "evil" mutants.. but a Brotherhood of Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I found AVX as a conclusion to the "Story Arc" started in Messiah Complex too passive for his nature as a heroic character. The Phoenix as a world ending threat felt weak to me, and the panic it caused an over reaction. Is it powerful? yes, Can it Corrupt? Yes, but Jean was pushed into being the Dark Phoenix, so many forget that.

Jean destroyed one world by accident when the fed on its star but random Galactus Heralds destroy worlds that get "In the way" when they are just Beefin' with each other. Colony Worlds regularly destroy each other in wars (Xavin and Carolina Dean's aka LSD's peoples) or in civil wars.

Cyclops being right about the P-force Bringing new life to mutants ( It did not repower anyone, or resurrect anyone it just got random sucka's to manifest their powers), is about a weighty to me cyclops saying this...

Last edited by Likewater; 09-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.

The Hellfire Club is a organization that controls and have influence over several corporations and politicians. If Cyclops come back, he could use that influence to pass laws that would benefit mutants, hold back laws against mutants. He could help mutants all over the world without needing to fight. For example, if a presidential candidate on Brasil is strongly against mutants, Cyclops could use the Hellfire Club to: A) finance the oposing candidate; B) find compromising information against him; C) wait until after the election and blackmail him if he wins; D) just send a telepath to mind control him.

He could have the companies the HC controls developing technology for his team, or selling anti-mutant technology to governments but putting in it hidden weakness that he would know how to explore when those governments decided to use the technology against mutants.

Anyway, he could use the connections and resources that would come with the membership or control over he Hellfire Club not to get rich or personal gain, but to help mutant kind. It's no different from what an intelligent agents does.
    That's just Cyclops creating a SUPERPAC or a lobbying firm. Wait why don't the X-men/Mutants have a Lobby? or a Superpac?