Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    That's just Cyclops creating a SUPERPAC or a lobbying firm. Wait why don't the X-men/Mutants have a Lobby? or a Superpac?
    I bet mutant money in an American election is more toxic than Russian money.

That's just Cyclops creating a SUPERPAC or a lobbying firm. Wait why don't the X-men/Mutants have a Lobby? or a Superpac?
    The difference is on the methods, the Hellfire Club use bribes, blackmail and their powers to spy and manipulate people to get what they want, usually power and money. Cyclops, could use those same resources and methods to influence people on governments and corporations and advance the mutant cause. The X-Men, even if they come to have a Lobby wouldn't use questionable methods to get what they want.

For example, there is a Senator who's vote could balance the scale in favor of mutants, Scott could send a telepath to "talk to him", and get what they want. A very important General have information that Cyclops needs, he have anti-telepathy tech, so they can't steal it from his mind without making a fuss, but his grandchild is very sick, guess who have acess to a mutant healer that could save her life? All it would cost is a little information.

That is a role that I think Cyclops could fit in when/if he comes back. It wouldn't make him a sociopath villain, his goal would still the betterment of mutant situation and the pacific existence among humans, but the methods he would use to achieve it would put him in odds with the X-Men, Shild and a few other groups.

I found AVX as a conclusion to the "Story Arc" started in Messiah Complex too passive for his nature as a heroic character. The Phoenix as a world ending threat felt weak to me, and the panic it caused an over reaction. Is it powerful? yes, Can it Corrupt? Yes, but Jean was pushed into being the Dark Phoenix, so many forget that.

Jean destroyed one world by accident when the fed on its star but random Galactus Heralds destroy worlds that get "In the way" when they are just Beefin' with each other. Colony Worlds regularly destroy each other in wars (Xavin and Carolina Dean's aka LSD's peoples) or in civil wars.

Cyclops being right about the P-force Bringing new life to mutants ( It did not repower anyone, or resurrect anyone it just got random sucka's to manifest their powers), is about a weighty to me cyclops saying this...

take it how you want, but he was right. They even acknowledge this at the end of AvX. He essentially set off the terrigen mist for mutants. without him, the race is extinct. plain and simple. you don't have to like the character, but his accomplishments and what he's done for his species are unrivaled

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    take it how you want, but he was right. They even acknowledge this at the end of AvX. He essentially set off the terrigen mist for mutants. without him, the race is extinct. plain and simple. you don't have to like the character, but his accomplishments and what he's done for his species are unrivaled
    I don't dislike Cyclops, I just don't see "Do Nothing and let nature take its course" is some great insight. The T-bomb was a deliberate action, the Phoenix was just the great bird of the galaxy doing what it does.

I don't dislike Cyclops, I just don't see "Do Nothing and let nature take its course" is some great insight. The T-bomb was a deliberate action, the Phoenix was just the great bird of the galaxy doing what it does.
    Him fighting to allow the Phoenix Force to save mutantkind was a deliberate action. Its not like he was complacent, did nothing and let the Avengers intervene to prevent that. You are downplaying his efforts if you really dismiss him in that crossover as taking a "Do Nothing and let nature take its course" stance

And the PF didnt need to repower all those that lost their abilities. What it did was give mutantkind hope. It set evolution back on its natural course as prior to AvX, mutantkind would be completely wiped out with the 200 or so mutants that were left. Cyclops was fighting for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Him fighting to allow the Phoenix Force to save mutantkind was a deliberate action. Its not like he was complacent, did nothing and let the Avengers intervene to prevent that. You are downplaying his efforts if you really dismiss him in that crossover as taking a "Do Nothing and let nature take its course" stance
    You mean the constant fight over Hope? Cause as far as I know the Avengers were not a threat to the Phoenix, after all they tried to destroy it and failed spectacularly. But I have to admit it is more my extreme distaste over AvX. I would think most fans f characters would view AvX like Tony and Carol fans view Civil War 2, something best forgotten.

You mean the constant fight over Hope? Cause as far as I know the Avengers were not a threat to the Phoenix, after all they tried to destroy it and failed spectacularly. But I have to admit it is more my extreme distaste over AvX. I would think most fans f characters would view AvX like Tony and Carol fans view Civil War 2, something best forgotten.
    The Avengers were a threat to Hope bonding with the Phoenix. As the "mutant messiah", that needed to happen in order for mutantkind to prosper. Scott's role when the crossover began was to ensure that happen, but the Avengers intervened, tried to aprehend her as well as destroy the PF which resulted in the disaster which would lead to Scott going dark. Ultimately though the PF was transferred to her and his initial stance was proven right

As for your last point, well you are the one that came in here and brought it back up

Not really, Marvel didn't want to make Carol the villain, they wanted to rase her profile, put her in the sot light. In AvX they clearly set out Scott to be the bad guy of that event. You can see that by how things ended, Carol is now the "Earth Greatest Hero", controls a powerful organization, at the end of AvX Cyclops was in jail, the government was hoping for him get killed in there and he was a pariah among the hero community. He is probably one of the few heroes in the MU to be incarcerated for crimes comited in one of the Hero vs Hero events. That, and the fact that he was kind of right in the end, is something to be remembered. AvX wasn't a good event, except for AvX Consequences, that was imo really good.

Loved AvX Consequences. And as bad as AvX was itself, I absolutely love that it backfired on Marvel and Cyclops ended up being right.. and fans agreed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Loved AvX Consequences. And as bad as AvX was itself, I absolutely love that it backfired on Marvel and Cyclops ended up being right.. and fans agreed.
    I've always felt that Marvel was setting him up to be a villain, but the fans declared him right and so they weren't quite sure where to go with him after.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wonder if that was a bit of writers remorse. They did put a very longstanding character in a very bad situation with an even worse outcome. I see consequences as marvel stepping it back just a bit.

How did Scott do nothing? he was training Hope and preparing her to bond with the phoenix force to save mutant kind

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    How did Scott do nothing? he was training Hope and preparing her to bond with the phoenix force to save mutant kind
    I will say that by trying to train her without actually telling her anything about the Phoenix was probably a mistake. Not as big a mistake as asking advice about the Phoenix and Cyclops from Logan rather than Rachel, but still, it was a mistake.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-09-2017 at 08:56 PM.

The thing is Marvel's plans the last few years for pushes have been mind boggling I'm a Carol Danvers Fan been since the 80's and I couldn't stand her after Civil War II over her portrayal in it.

I liked the Inhumans I loved when they us to pop up in the FF but I started side eyeing them during the 00's as writers started exploring the concept of Alpha Primates but the Terrigen Cloud just ruined the Royal Family completely for me they condoned genocide so their people's future generations could have powers disgusting. Oh and Cyclops was Hitler yeah right.

But for all their attempts nothing Cyclops ever did was evil or quite frankly wrong post M-Day. His race became an endangered species to the point even the government sent sentinels to protect mutants realizing if a bomb or something went off at the school it could make Mutants extinct. Cyclops worked with the government at first and Utopia was a good idea to protect the mutants who were left and wanting to protect Hope and the Phoenix was right if it meant saving the Mutant race the X-Men and Cyclops would never allow the end of humanity because they are part of it too for crying out loud.

Also I love most Marvel Heroes I love the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and yes even Captain America but they've always been mute on mutant issues. In the 90's the Legacy virus was running rampant. Where was Reed Richards? One of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe who has a mutant son and he did nothing to help. It's always been strange how silent the other heroes are on mutants. The Avengers and FF get parades and fan clubs the Mutants Lynch Mobs and Senate Hearings. What Cap could never testify on the Mutants behalf? Not even Wanda ever came forward to be vocal. So yeah the mutants were always in their own and the other heroes need to but out when it comes to mutant survival.

Guys, please, no more AvX debate. Not here at least. Can I make that small request?