Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Guys, please, no more AvX debate. Not here at least. Can I make that small request?
    Seconded like a thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The thing is Marvel's plans the last few years for pushes have been mind boggling I'm a Carol Danvers Fan been since the 80's and I couldn't stand her after Civil War II over her portrayal in it.

I liked the Inhumans I loved when they us to pop up in the FF but I started side eyeing them during the 00's as writers started exploring the concept of Alpha Primates but the Terrigen Cloud just ruined the Royal Family completely for me they condoned genocide so their people's future generations could have powers disgusting. Oh and Cyclops was Hitler yeah right.

But for all their attempts nothing Cyclops ever did was evil or quite frankly wrong post M-Day. His race became an endangered species to the point even the government sent sentinels to protect mutants realizing if a bomb or something went off at the school it could make Mutants extinct. Cyclops worked with the government at first and Utopia was a good idea to protect the mutants who were left and wanting to protect Hope and the Phoenix was right if it meant saving the Mutant race the X-Men and Cyclops would never allow the end of humanity because they are part of it too for crying out loud.

Also I love most Marvel Heroes I love the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and yes even Captain America but they've always been mute on mutant issues. In the 90's the Legacy virus was running rampant. Where was Reed Richards? One of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe who has a mutant son and he did nothing to help. It's always been strange how silent the other heroes are on mutants. The Avengers and FF get parades and fan clubs the Mutants Lynch Mobs and Senate Hearings. What Cap could never testify on the Mutants behalf? Not even Wanda ever came forward to be vocal. So yeah the mutants were always in their own and the other heroes need to but out when it comes to mutant survival.
    Marvel does plan ahead. I think they realized that Cyclops was a little to central to the x-line and wanted to remove him, by degrees. The Inhumans were Marvel's vehicle for that final blow. It was humiliating for Marvel that they tried to pitch a story from a perspective that the vast majority of their fans disagreed with. A culmination of Marvel's cognitive dissonance on fan engagement and a legacy they will stubbornly ride into the ground.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The thing is Marvel's plans the last few years for pushes have been mind boggling I'm a Carol Danvers Fan been since the 80's and I couldn't stand her after Civil War II over her portrayal in it.

I liked the Inhumans I loved when they us to pop up in the FF but I started side eyeing them during the 00's as writers started exploring the concept of Alpha Primates but the Terrigen Cloud just ruined the Royal Family completely for me they condoned genocide so their people's future generations could have powers disgusting. Oh and Cyclops was Hitler yeah right.

But for all their attempts nothing Cyclops ever did was evil or quite frankly wrong post M-Day. His race became an endangered species to the point even the government sent sentinels to protect mutants realizing if a bomb or something went off at the school it could make Mutants extinct. Cyclops worked with the government at first and Utopia was a good idea to protect the mutants who were left and wanting to protect Hope and the Phoenix was right if it meant saving the Mutant race the X-Men and Cyclops would never allow the end of humanity because they are part of it too for crying out loud.

Also I love most Marvel Heroes I love the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and yes even Captain America but they've always been mute on mutant issues. In the 90's the Legacy virus was running rampant. Where was Reed Richards? One of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe who has a mutant son and he did nothing to help. It's always been strange how silent the other heroes are on mutants. The Avengers and FF get parades and fan clubs the Mutants Lynch Mobs and Senate Hearings. What Cap could never testify on the Mutants behalf? Not even Wanda ever came forward to be vocal. So yeah the mutants were always in their own and the other heroes need to but out when it comes to mutant survival.
    Agreed. I liked the Avengers, but AvX ruined everything. That stupid event only made me hate Captain America, just like Wanda's actions on M-Day and Uncanny Avengers. The same about the Inhumans and that stupid genocidal cloud and 'the Mutant Hitler' thing.

BANNED

Okay, sure.

Guys, please, no more AvX debate. Not here at least. Can I make that small request?
    It's actually not so bad when the 'Cyclops deserves to be tortured until he is begging to die' crowd isn't allowed in. But I have most of them on my ignore list now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's actually not so bad when the 'Cyclops deserves to be tortured until he is begging to die' crowd isn't allowed in. But I have most of them on my ignore list now anyways.
    I just think 'Cyclops was right' should not be debatable in Cyclops Appreciation thread. I'm not saying we should never talk about AvX anymore, but if we have to explain to someone how Cyclops was right(no offence to Likewater), here, I think that's too much. Clearly that's just my opinion, and I can't make anyone stop if they want to debate about it.

Anyway, on to the how Cyclops and X-Men should react when he returns. The fallen hero trope can be great. But it wouldn't work on Cyclops. Like, not even a little. It's bad when your supposed fallen hero never actually fell and the supposed heroes are a bunch of hypocritical morons.

Cyclops deserve some solid apologies, and he's never going to get that.

I have a question, tyke ask cyke what really had happen in AvX, but we never get to see what Cyke's answers and that has been bugging me for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I have a question, tyke ask cyke what really had happen in AvX, but we never get to see what Cyke's answers and that has been bugging me for weeks now.
    I would hope Cyke was honest with him and told him the Avengers didn't listen to him and screwed everything up

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I would hope Cyke was honest with him and told him the Avengers didn't listen to him and screwed everything up
    Honestly, I don't know if he would even place blame on anyone. He'd just tell Tyke his motivations and what he thought was right. I can't see him blurting out "... And then the Avengers screwed it all up."

But tyke stills see his older self in a bad light. They could have made a heart to heart talk where tyke saw that his old self was just doing what no one wanted to do. In x men blue Jeen tells Emma Cyke was a good men that she liked him, so why do they keep pushing this bad idea that tyke hates him... makes me want to smack. I like tyke and I want him to move pass this. Champions was a good comic this week but they mess it up with him not wanting to be like Cyke, maybe they could have added why or some inside not just that Cyke is bad because the Advengers say so.

I just think 'Cyclops was right' should not be debatable in Cyclops Appreciation thread. I'm not saying we should never talk about AvX anymore, but if we have to explain to someone how Cyclops was right(no offence to Likewater), here, I think that's too much. Clearly that's just my opinion, and I can't make anyone stop if they want to debate about it.

Anyway, on to the how Cyclops and X-Men should react when he returns. The fallen hero trope can be great. But it wouldn't work on Cyclops. Like, not even a little. It's bad when your supposed fallen hero never actually fell and the supposed heroes are a bunch of hypocritical morons.

Cyclops deserve some solid apologies, and he's never going to get that.
    No Offence taken I am not a fan of the past M-day era. While I did like Kyle and Yost's New X-men, X-force, Peter Davids X-factor, and Messiah Complex. I view the past 15ish years in a negative light. Its all crystallized in AVX. In my take over everything leading up to AVX, Cyclops, Storm, Emma, Beast, Wolverine have been left "holding the bag" of a terrible editorially mandated era.

I suppose i see "Cyclops was Right" as the "Past Era was Right" and I end up in a distasteful head space.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    No Offence taken I am not a fan of the past M-day era. While I did like Kyle and Yost's New X-men, X-force, Peter Davids X-factor, and Messiah Complex. I view the past 15ish years in a negative light. Its all crystallized in AVX. In my take over everything leading up to AVX, Cyclops, Storm, Emma, Beast, Wolverine have been left "holding the bag" of a terrible editorially mandated era.

I suppose i see "Cyclops was Right" as the "Past Era was Right" and I end up in a distasteful head space.
    Not to prolong the avx discussion too much, but I do think you are sort of missing the point of the whole "Cyclops was right." While I agree that what he did wasn't anything ground breaking (and I imagine many would agree it was a fairly reasonable thing to do), the "Cyclops was right" movement is more of a response to Marvel's attempt portraying him as having been in the wrong. There'd be no movement at all if the comics hadn't attempted to claim that he was wrong. As you mentioned him being right about the PF isn't particularly weighty, so the only reason anyone gave a **** was that Marvel attempted to claim otherwise. It's not that he accomplished anything phenomenal or anything, just a fan rejection of Marvel's whitewashing.

BANNED

oh, man, I miss our RightClops.

Finally found a Marvel Legends Cyke in that Jim Lee outfit for cheaper than 30 bucks online.. should arrive tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped about it.

So I made this post on the thread called Characters that should be more powerful:

Cyclops. All versions in existence.

Mutant power:

How powerful he supposedly is: Can rip through a small planet in half. But that's just narrative hyperbole.
    How powerful he actually is: Can punch through mountains at high end. Usually punches through thick metals and such easily.
    How powerful he currently is: A f@#$%^g paintball would do more damage than his optic blast. (I'm not exaggerating. Go read X-Men: Blue if you don't believe me)

How powerful he should be: Can easily break The Hulk's bones. And I mean easily. Gives Sentry and such real trouble at high end. Can damage adamantium and vibranium if he goes at them long enough.

Why he should be that powerful: What's Cyclops' schtick? He shoots incredibly powerful optic beams from his eyes, that he can't control, and has to wear special ruby quartz glasses so that he can see normally without killing anyone he looks at. Simple enough. Now here's the problem, what is the point of fearing about your uncontrollable powers, when they're not actually that powerful? "Oh ****! someone accidently took off Cyclops' glasses! He broke a table and... that's it." NO! A whole 5 mile distance should be completely obliterated when he opens his eyes for 1/3 of a second. That's dangerous. That's something to fear about.

Hand to Hand skills:

How good he is: Above average. But nothing to speak of in a universe full of expert H2H combatants.

How good he should be: At the same level as Black Widow, at the least.

Why he should be that good: Because he can't control his natural mutant powers, it makes sense that he would hone his other skills.

Side note:

His master strategist and tactician status. I don't want an upgrade. I just want the writers to remember that he is a master strategist and tactician.
    Thoughts?