Page 170 of 2218 FirstFirst ... 701201601661671681691701711721731741802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 33258

All the complexities and problems of Scott Summers is what makes him so interesting a character to me.

Leader of the X-Men, but also hated by those X-Men. Struggles with control over what is seemingly a simple power. His last relationship was with... a former bitter enemy.

His problems and limitations make him to me a more interesting a character as the leader than, say, Professor X, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, etc. And it gives reason to, root for the character, to hope he does well.

Just my thoughts

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    I'm actually interested to know this too. Cyke can be a bit anal but he's no dictator as far as I know.
    People going BACK into their own countries.
    No lack of food or water or energy
    No government destabilized
    Curing Deformities
    Turning villains into energy sources, but not against their will
    Actually stopping terrorist regimes.

The only one I didn't like was the mind-modulating in the terrorist places, and even then, Frenzy convinced them not to do it anymore, with no uproar from the 05.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    All the complexities and problems of Scott Summers is what makes him so interesting a character to me.

Leader of the X-Men, but also hated by those X-Men. Struggles with control over what is seemingly a simple power. His last relationship was with... a former bitter enemy.

His problems and limitations make him to me a more interesting a character as the leader than, say, Professor X, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, etc. And it gives reason to, root for the character, to hope he does well.

Just my thoughts
    Taking away the grossness like the dumping maddie, X-force, etc, he's still a really good character, whose skeletons are by far cleaner than most prime time X-men, with maybe Storm being cleaner. And those skeletons are never because of selfishness, or lust, or whatever. Didn't he dump maddie to go restart X-factor, a people-saving team?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Taking away the grossness like the dumping maddie, X-force, etc, he's still a really good character, whose skeletons are by far cleaner than most prime time X-men, with maybe Storm being cleaner. And those skeletons are never because of selfishness, or lust, or whatever. Didn't he dump maddie to go restart X-factor, a people-saving team?
    That is true. How about Emma though, would you not say that was at least a little selfish or lust from Scott?

That is true. How about Emma though, would you not say that was at least a little selfish or lust from Scott?
    Here's where I'm conflicted. If I knew, 100% that he was going to leave Jean for Emma, that would tarnish the character for me even more than the whole affair alone. As much as I love Scott, that is something he himself did. There was the supposed PTSD of Apocalypse as well as the Emma part of the affair, but not enough for me to go, "He's innocent!!!" But the fact that he might've told Emma to go away while still with Jean, and the canon fact that he did leave her when Jean died speak well of him. it could have been guilt, true, but there must have been a reason why Jean put them together at the end. Maybe she loved Scott so much, or maybe she saw that he did in fact love Emma more than her. Someone needs to clarify all that. And in the end, Scott really was in love with Emma, as shown in comics like Endsong and HoM (his desire being with her, not Jean). That and the fact he's never been the horn dog, even when sorrounded by women like Psylocke.

Mighty Member

Curing Deformities

The only one I didn't like was the mind-modulating in the terrorist places, and even then, Frenzy convinced them not to do it anymore, with no uproar from the 05.
    If I recall correctly, Cyke never made that order; it was the Cuckoos that wanted it to happen.

Like I said, Cyke should have just micromanaged the whole way

Well, if we are naming all the things Scott Summers took away. I'll start. The WOMEN. Carry on!!
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Curing Deformities

Outside the one thing you pointed out I'm not seeing the bad, and frankly if "The Only One That Mattered" did the mind alteration most of the people railing Cyke would be raising fists and cheering.

Also isn't Storm worshiped as a Godess for a couple of those lol.

Mighty Member

Not quite. Cyke became emotional when he heard that Jean was back from the dead, so he needed to go see her to confirm. Maddie gave him the ultimatum, and when Cyke did return, both she and baby!Cable were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    If I recall correctly, Cyke never made that order; it was the Cuckoos that wanted it to happen.

That was the problem. Going back, what was the catalyst that turned the 05 cray-cray? The intervention of the Avengers. If tehy had tried to kidnap Hope, say, a year after the P5 came to earth, I would love to have seen what they would have done to the place. But it was their FAST intrusion, kidnapping, and Wanda's gross sticking of nose where it didn't belong, along with Hope's betrayal, that spelled doom for the actual Utopia.

Not quite. Cyke became emotional when he heard that Jean was back from the dead, so he needed to go see her to confirm. Maddie gave him the ultimatum, and when Cyke did return, both she and baby!Cable were gone.
    Then why is he always blamed for dumping maddie as if he went to bang jean and never come back? -_-

A Phoenix powered Cyclops with a desk and a world's greatest dad mug acting like a middle manager to the world would be a great read.

Mighty Member

Here's where I'm conflicted. If I knew, 100% that he was going to leave Jean for Emma, that would tarnish the character for me even more than the whole affair alone. As much as I love Scott, that is something he himself did. There was the supposed PTSD of Apocalypse as well as the Emma part of the affair, but not enough for me to go, "He's innocent!!!" But the fact that he might've told Emma to go away while still with Jean, and the canon fact that he did leave her when Jean died speak well of him. it could have been guilt, true, but there must have been a reason why Jean put them together at the end. Maybe she loved Scott so much, or maybe she saw that he did in fact love Emma more than her. Someone needs to clarify all that. And in the end, Scott really was in love with Emma, as shown in comics like Endsong and HoM (his desire being with her, not Jean). That and the fact he's never been the horn dog, even when sorrounded by women like Psylocke.
    I read HCT as Cyke & Emma actually having the possibility of falling in love, while Jean mind-wiping Scott from beyond time-and-space as her just not wanting a White Beast future from happening. It wasn't for Cyke's benefit.

I think your opinion is very similar to mine. I think Scott could handle it better, perhaps breaking up or divorcing Jean instead of continuing the affair while married. But it's those imperfections, those human moments that make Cyclops a likable leader I would root for.

Mighty Member

Then why is he always blamed for dumping maddie as if he went to bang jean and never come back? -_-
    I can't speak for others, especially the haters, but I think it's because Cyke did still have lingering feelings for Jean which, I'm sure, played no small part in his decision to see his old best friend/girlfriend alive. Still, Cyke was guilt ridden the whole way and did return to beg for forgiveness but by then, Maddie was gone or, to be more specific, abducted by the Marauders.

Personally, Cyke and Maddie's breakup wasn't just Cyke's fault (despite how much his detractors want to pin the blame solely on Cyke), but Maddie got the short end of the stick by going insane, becoming a villain, dying, and then becoming a psychic ghost.

The ideal situation, I think, would be Cyke & Maddie going to see a Jean together but, and I wish someone would confirm this, I recall Maddie was already going insane by that point or something along those lines... I just recall her being very angry at Cyke.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

What about Logan dying? What do you think that would do?
    Not much honestly, The Schism despite all of the protests to the contrary is entirly one sided. Since Utopia Cyclops has hardly ever played into it while the JGS staff, all of them not just Wolverine, blame every bad thing that happens on Cyclops. I just don't see Beast or Iceman or any of the other usual suspects suddenly becoming reasonable just because Wolverine is pushing up daisies